Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How so?
Mormons believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior same as most Christians (believers).

Pretty much all denominations are similar in teachings.
The only issue I've seen is the Lack of knowledge from Leaders.
You might want to check out their website and look at the D & C you might be surprised at how they view Jesus

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How so?
Mormons believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior same as most Christians (believers).

Psalms 91 is right in his reply to this. While Jesus is believed to be Lord and Savior to Mormons, what and who they think he is turns out to be completely different from the Jesus of the Bible, so you cannot really argue -- in their case -- that it is just like the difference between, say, Methodists and Lutherans.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How so?

I have no idea why Albion brought up Mormons. But since he did I can see reasons for Christianity Haven excluding Mormons from "Christian theology", for example, because Mormons reject several of the doctrines taught in the Nicene Creed; specifically, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints rejects monotheism, the Holy Trinity, Christian teaching about the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. And since these things are the heart and core of the Nicene Creed it can be said with a very high degree of accuracy that "Mormons reject the Nicene Creed".

Top Bottom