Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
==============================================================================================

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

An apparent prophecy that by its very nature induces responses that fulfil the prophecy. It is a well documented and acknowledged technique.

==============================================================================================

Readers may remember something. Readers may remember how the Author of Post #28 has shown himself to be a past master at issuing self-fulfilling prophecies by interjecting comments such as that very Post #28 into streams of linked Posts in the past. His interjectory posts are cleverly worded in such a way that if a response is not issued, his proclamations retain a hint of apparent truth. If a response is issued, that naturally delays the continuation Post.

Post #28 is an excellent example of that tactic, in fact. Can Readers detect any other questionable techniques in that Post?

I have warned Readers in the past, to beware of dishonest approaches that are employed to deflect people’s attention away from inconvenient evidence – evidence that is difficult or impossible to refute. The use of such approaches simply highlights the fact that the evidence itself cannot be refuted. Dishonest techniques are employed only when there is no other option.

Please note: The dishonest tactics are normally aimed at evidence after it has been presented (and at the presenters of that unwelcome evidence). However, evidence that is yet to be presented, can also be subject to preemptive attack. That happens when former evidence from a particular presenter has proven to be both reliable and dangerous to cherished belief. The impending evidence is judged to be potentially as distressing as the former evidence was. (Preemptive attacks can also be aimed at the presenter.)

Now… Generally speaking, I cannot help but wonder: What sort of person would choose to employ dishonest techniques in a Christian forum? Could it be a simple black and white “sheep or goat” scenario? Or is there a different rating scale – one that contains geep and shoats, perhaps?

I strongly suspect that dishonesty with respect to the “things of God” is an indictable offence, somewhere.

Would it be prudent to take a step back, and reevaluate?

I apologize.
Given all the intervening posts, I had thought that you had made your point and moved on.
Now that I realize that you are still making your point, I shall refrain from further comments on your posts.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

TurtleHare (Post #40 - to MoreCoffee):
Are you one of them that seriously thought others believe they're a sheep or a goat, like seriously?

Does that mean people aren’t?

Baa, humbug!

Last edited:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Does it matter if a person thinks they are a sheep or a goat? It seems that humans fallaciously think there is something in them that God thinks of as good. But, we know from scripture that we are all sinners who are as filthy rags. This should explain why both the elect and cursed did not recognize Jesus presence as they went through life.
God's choice is, as Josiah often states, a mystery to us. In God's sovereignty He never tells us the reasons for His choice of who is a sheep and who is a goat.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Post #41 (atpollard):
I apologize.
Given all the intervening posts, I had thought that you had made your point and moved on.
Now that I realize that you are still making your point, I shall refrain from further comments on your posts.

I thank atpollard for his consideration.

However, there is no need for him (or anyone) to refrain from commenting on my Posts and ideas.

I welcome comments of all types, although I do prefer those based on sensible logic and well-applied Scripture. (Those that fall outside those criteria, I consider fair game for scathing.)

In fact, in a planned Post to follow, I will directly request information from atpollard and others.

I have expressed elsewhere (although not everyone might have picked up on it) that time is normally my enemy (or one of them). There are topics that I would love to throw my tuppence worth into, but have to let slide by. And I often jump from one topic to another to another as I attempt to keep all my current balls in the air without dropping any. (I probably do drop some, so I am open to people reminding me that an indicated continuation is still awaited.)

Anyway, enough from me. Keep the comments coming. That’s how I learn.

Top Bottom