CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%

Quotes from Martin Luther

Luther on sheep and wolves: "Christ fights with the devil in a curious way, the devil with great numbers, cleverness, and steadfastness, and Christ with few people, with weakness, simplicity, and contempt, and yet Christ wins. So he wished us to be sheep and our adversaries to be wolves. But what an unequal contest to fight with ten or a hundred wolves! He sent twelve disciples into the world, twelve among so many wolves. I think it's a remarkable war and a strange fight in which the sheep are killed and the wolves stay alive. But they'll all go to ruin as a result, because God alone performs miracles. He'll preserve his sheep in the midst of the wolves and he'll crush the jaws of the wolves for ever."

LW 54 Table Talk No. 5031
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      “I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO THAT I SHALL SPEND THE FIRST THREE HOURS IN PRAYER.”

(Said by Luther in response to a question about his day; found in Cyclopedia of Moral and Religious Antedotes - PN6268.R4 A55)
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      No. 1601 Between May 27 and 31, 1532

“Young fellows are tempted by girls, men who are thirty years old are tempted by gold, when they are forty years old they are tempted by honor and glory, and those who are sixty years old say to themselves, ‘What a pious man I have become!’ ”

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      Under the papacy I was exposed to every error. The reason is that I had no faith. Faith is, as it were, the center of a circle. If anybody strays from the center, it is impossible for him to have the circle around him, and he must blunder. The center is Christ. From Luther's Table Talk.

5. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      A Christian has no need of any law in order to be saved, since through faith we are free from every law. Thus all the acts of a Christian are done spontaneously, out of a sense of pure liberty.

MARTIN LUTHER, The Freedom of a Christian

TurtleHare is offline Prodigy Member
      Yoyo

Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,719 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.24%
      Hehe I doubt your gonna submit the quote about the pope and his bottom which isn't the word that Luther wrote but here's a good one Luther said the Pope farted so loudly and powerfully, that “it is a wonder that it did not tear his hole and belly apart."
      If you want to rile people up then go to a Christian site and give God ALL the glory for your salvation.

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      Quote Originally Posted by TurtleHare View Post
      Hehe I doubt your gonna submit the quote about the pope and his bottom which isn't the word that Luther wrote but here's a good one Luther said the Pope farted so loudly and powerfully, that “it is a wonder that it did not tear his hole and belly apart."
      Oh my! LOL

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (114,763 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.93%
      “The law is divine and holy. Let the law have his glory, but yet no law, be it never so divine and holy, ought to teach me that I am justified, and shall live through it. I grant it may teach me that I ought to love God and my neighbour; also to live in chastity, soberness, patience, etc., but it ought not to show me, how I should be delivered from sin, the devil, death, and hell.

Here I must take counsel of the gospel. I must hearken to the gospel, which teacheth me, not what I ought to do, (for that is the proper office of the law,) but what Jesus Christ the Son of God hath done for me : to wit, that He suffered and died to deliver me from sin and death. The gospel willeth me to receive this, and to believe it. And this is the truth of the gospel. It is also the principal article of all Christian doctrine, wherein the knowledge of all godliness consisteth.

Most necessary it is, therefore, that we should know this article well, teach it unto others, and beat it into their heads continually.”

–Martin Luther, St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians (Philadelphia: Smith, English & Co., 1860), 206.