Feeling Down

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Don't know exactly why. It may have been the guy who tried to scam me. At first thought he was my knight in shining armor. Well, he's gone now. I scared him off.

Anyhow, it's strange how I never find a decent guy but ones who try to do harm all my life.:boom: I'm staying away from that dating site. I deleted my profile and will never go back there.

Maybe it will take a little time to get over it. Some might say I should be glad but I just feel down. :kabong:

Tomorrow is another day I know. Things will get better. :glasses:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Don't know exactly why. It may have been the guy who tried to scam me. At first thought he was my knight in shining armor. Well, he's gone now. I scared him off.

Anyhow, it's strange how I never find a decent guy but ones who try to do harm all my life.:boom: I'm staying away from that dating site. I deleted my profile and will never go back there.

Maybe it will take a little time to get over it. Some might say I should be glad but I just feel down. :kabong:

I've been out of the dating scene for a while myself. I really want to find my soulmate that helps me to grow spiritually in Christ but as soon as a girl finds out im Christian they ignore me lol and that's fine, they are all into that new age "I am a goddess" movement... or just flat atheist.
These things used to not bother me but I have changed so much in the last year I just don't enjoy things I used to like going out drinking and driving, drug abuse, meaningless lusting, cussing along to filthy music, and sadly in my area thats pretty much how everyone gets there kicks.
I feel like im spiritually wise and old now but stuck in a 33 year olds body lol so this is a very awkward stage and it will take some getting used to.
So hang in there because there are so many like you and me out there struggling with love and relationships. Cheers to us because we are rare and our Heavenly Father will not let just anyone marry his children ;)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hang in there Ruth you will find someone I am sure

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ruth, you probably feel violated in a way since the guy was trying to get too close to you without even knowing you. It's okay to feel sad and even angry. It's a good thing you realized what kind of person he was and that it didn't go any further! You're a smart girl :)

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How are you feeling today?

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most dating sites are filled with men wanting to hook up and a better way to meet men is through your friends who know you so well that they can pick out the perfect gentlemen that matches your qualities.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
My track record for dating is horrendous, so I won't presume to offer you advice. I do hope and pray that you will find yourself stronger from the experience. God bless you, [MENTION=20]Ruth[/MENTION].

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Even though I am a counselor, I also struggle with depression sometimes. I find that when I get depressed I need to go do something either good for myself or for someone else. I usually go to the gym and walk and watch tv while I'm walking on the treadmill or running. When I started I couldn't do 13 minutes straight earlier this spring. Last week I did a 5k in 35 minutes.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I've been out of the dating scene for a while myself. I really want to find my soulmate that helps me to grow spiritually in Christ but as soon as a girl finds out im Christian they ignore me lol and that's fine, they are all into that new age "I am a goddess" movement... or just flat atheist.
These things used to not bother me but I have changed so much in the last year I just don't enjoy things I used to like going out drinking and driving, drug abuse, meaningless lusting, cussing along to filthy music, and sadly in my area thats pretty much how everyone gets there kicks.
I feel like im spiritually wise and old now but stuck in a 33 year olds body lol so this is a very awkward stage and it will take some getting used to.
So hang in there because there are so many like you and me out there struggling with love and relationships. Cheers to us because we are rare and our Heavenly Father will not let just anyone marry his children ;)
Best wishes to you. Thanks.

Hang in there Ruth you will find someone I am sure
Thanks, not really looking now.

Ruth, you probably feel violated in a way since the guy was trying to get too close to you without even knowing you. It's okay to feel sad and even angry. It's a good thing you realized what kind of person he was and that it didn't go any further! You're a smart girl :)
I feel confused, too, and don't know if this guy was for real or not still but I tried the phone number he gave me just to see if it was someone. It was disconnected. No it didn't go any further but it was strange. Thanks.

How are you feeling today?
Confused, sad, stupid, alone.

Most dating sites are filled with men wanting to hook up and a better way to meet men is through your friends who know you so well that they can pick out the perfect gentlemen that matches your qualities.
Only problem with that is I don't have any friends at this point in my life, just casual acquaintences that I say hi to at times where I live. My friends all passed away over the years. Thank you for your post.

My track record for dating is horrendous, so I won't presume to offer you advice. I do hope and pray that you will find yourself stronger from the experience. God bless you, [MENTION=20]Ruth[/MENTION].
I hope some day I feel stronger. Thank you.

Even though I am a counselor, I also struggle with depression sometimes. I find that when I get depressed I need to go do something either good for myself or for someone else. I usually go to the gym and walk and watch tv while I'm walking on the treadmill or running. When I started I couldn't do 13 minutes straight earlier this spring. Last week I did a 5k in 35 minutes.
I took 2 walks today, 1 longer than the other because it got uncomfortable outside. Thank you.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Keep on posting Ruth. I know its not the same as real life but we do care :grouphug:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Top Bottom