• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 61

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Basilica Block Party

    1. #11
      MennoSota's Avatar
      MennoSota is offline Bronze Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      5,325
      CH Cash
      22,334
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,443
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.54%
      Rep Power
      469
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      MennoSota, how about you writing a letter to the bishop or the parish priest and put forward your concerns and see what answer is given, then you will know who owns what and who runs what, and what kinds of things happen. Then there will be no more guessing because you'll have the information directly from the people that you are most concerned about in this matter.
      I love it when you try to change the subject. It's a sure sign your collar is getting tight.

    2. #12
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      17,279
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      156
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (26,472 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,863
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.48%
      Rep Power
      720
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I love it when you try to change the subject. It's a sure sign your collar is getting tight.
      If you want to know why not write to the people that you want to know about?
      Last edited by MoreCoffee; 07-07-2018 at 03:40 AM.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    3. #13
      MennoSota's Avatar
      MennoSota is offline Bronze Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      5,325
      CH Cash
      22,334
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,443
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.54%
      Rep Power
      469
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      If you want to know why not wrote to the people that you want to know about?
      I want to know what you and others think. You know that, but are avoiding the elephant in the room.
      In another thread you pointed at protestant churches being driven by money. Here's an example of the Roman church doing the same thing and you work to avoid it.

    4. #14
      ImaginaryDay2's Avatar
      ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      3,469
      CH Cash
      345
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,814
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      65.12%
      Rep Power
      526
      Reminds me of a story of how St. Peter's was funded. Not completely on the up-and-up. But then again, it is just a building and not the Church.

    5. #15
      ImaginaryDay2's Avatar
      ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      3,469
      CH Cash
      345
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,814
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      65.12%
      Rep Power
      526
      Oh, I love this...

      Quote Originally Posted by Website
      A CHANCE TO DO GODíS WORK: VOLUNTEER.
      The Cities 97 Basilica Block Party needs your help in tending to Godís celebrating flock. Feed their hunger. Quench their thirst. Shepherd them on their journeys. Not only will you be a part of the celebration, you can also count on some credit in heaven.

    6. #16
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      17,279
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      156
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (26,472 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,863
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.48%
      Rep Power
      720
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      Oh, I love this...
      Yes, I thought the web site maker and probably the event organisers were being very cheeky with that.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    7. Likes ImaginaryDay2 liked this post
    8. #17
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      17,279
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      156
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (26,472 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,863
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.48%
      Rep Power
      720
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I want to know what you and others think. You know that, but are avoiding the elephant in the room.
      In another thread you pointed at protestant churches being driven by money. Here's an example of the Roman church doing the same thing and you work to avoid it.
      I think it doesn't matter one way or the other because it is a fund raising event run by people who are not directly working for or under the direct supervision of people who do work for the Catholic Church. Even if it was run by the local bishop's staff directly I don't see what is so dreadful about having beer available. But if it bothers you - for whatever reason - then don't go.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    9. #18
      MennoSota's Avatar
      MennoSota is offline Bronze Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      5,325
      CH Cash
      22,334
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,443
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.54%
      Rep Power
      469
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      I think it doesn't matter one way or the other because it is a fund raising event run by people who are not directly working for or under the direct supervision of people who do work for the Catholic Church. Even if it was run by the local bishop's staff directly I don't see what is so dreadful about having beer available. But if it bothers you - for whatever reason - then don't go.
      So you would welcome drug dealer contributions from the drugs they sell to your kids? Look the other way at where the funding is coming from. Got it.

    10. #19
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      70
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      13,507
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      6,669
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,000,048 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      60,609
      Level
      61
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.51%
      Rep Power
      636
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      So you would welcome drug dealer contributions from the drugs they sell to your kids? Look the other way at where the funding is coming from. Got it.
      Last time I checked I believe it says that God can turn evil to good. Secondly how do you know where the money coming into your church was earned? I am sure that not all of it is clean
      Isaiah 40:31

    11. #20
      MennoSota's Avatar
      MennoSota is offline Bronze Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      5,325
      CH Cash
      22,334
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,443
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.54%
      Rep Power
      469
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      Last time I checked I believe it says that God can turn evil to good. Secondly how do you know where the money coming into your church was earned? I am sure that not all of it is clean
      If you knew...would you say no?

    12. Likes Arsenios liked this post

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •