Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It means sacrifice of all who have fought for the freedom we now have, a celebration of our struggle to become free

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's the adoption of the Declaration of Independence and is the official birthday of our nation.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
God Bless America as he has done from the past and well into the future.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Independence Day was a defining moment for our country, when we chose to finally break with the Mother Country and go off on our own as a country. I was going through my genealogy on www.familysearch.org and I was quite surprised at the number of ancestors who actually took up arms to fight in colonial militias to drive out the British Army. That tells me that the situation had become intolerable for more people than the highfalutin elites who led the whole thing.

Independence Day was when the Declaration of Independence was published ( it took awhile for all the signatories to actually sign) and more importantly, the reasons why the split with the rest of the British Empire occurred: https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/read-the-declaration/. it was a time when we common colonial peasants finally decided that we did, in fact, count and that we had a responsibility to protect our own freedoms, if Parliament and the King weren't going to do that for us. In all honesty, all we really did was stand up for and protect our own rights as natural born English subjects. It would have been nice if George III answered some of the letters that were sent to him.

JSales

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The 4th means family, friends, beer, food and oh yeah all those sparkly things!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It means sacrifice of all who have fought for the freedom we now have, a celebration of our struggle to become free

It's the adoption of the Declaration of Independence and is the official birthday of our nation.

God Bless America as he has done from the past and well into the future.

Independence Day was a defining moment for our country, when we chose to finally break with the Mother Country and go off on our own as a country. I was going through my genealogy on www.familysearch.org and I was quite surprised at the number of ancestors who actually took up arms to fight in colonial militias to drive out the British Army. That tells me that the situation had become intolerable for more people than the highfalutin elites who led the whole thing.

Independence Day was when the Declaration of Independence was published ( it took awhile for all the signatories to actually sign) and more importantly, the reasons why the split with the rest of the British Empire occurred: https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/read-the-declaration/. it was a time when we common colonial peasants finally decided that we did, in fact, count and that we had a responsibility to protect our own freedoms, if Parliament and the King weren't going to do that for us. In all honesty, all we really did was stand up for and protect our own rights as natural born English subjects. It would have been nice if George III answered some of the letters that were sent to him.

All this! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom