Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
One of my favorite shows to watch is Love it or List it. I know that most reality type shows have some sort of fakeness to them but just found out that they shoot BOTH endings and the producers decide which one they want to show :( I guess otherwise David would never get a "win" since most homeowners sign up for the discounted remodel.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe you, but I cannot imagine why that would be so. Often, David comes up with a house that is clearly superior to the old one.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe you, but I cannot imagine why that would be so. Often, David comes up with a house that is clearly superior to the old one.

I read that in one case the couple was shown a next door neighbor's house that wasn't even for sale. I don't know how trustworthy that is since it was found on a website but I do remember a show or two where David had shown a house that wasn't on the market yet. LOL Yet.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's disappointing, but not surprising

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read that in one case the couple was shown a next door neighbor's house that wasn't even for sale. I don't know how trustworthy that is since it was found on a website but I do remember a show or two where David had shown a house that wasn't on the market yet. LOL Yet.

?? But this would not mean that it was not available for sale. That's a common situation.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
?? But this would not mean that it was not available for sale. That's a common situation.

Anyone can make an offer on any home.

Have you seen the sites that list where homeowners ask for people to make them an offer? I think it's so they don't have to do any work at all about listing their house with an agent.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
One of my favorite shows to watch is Love it or List it. I know that most reality type shows have some sort of fakeness to them but just found out that they shoot BOTH endings and the producers decide which one they want to show :( I guess otherwise David would never get a "win" since most homeowners sign up for the discounted remodel.
I love the show, too. Some say Hillary isn't very nice but I like her a lot. Sometimes she just seems a little stressed out and who wouldn't be with that job! :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love the show, too. Some say Hillary isn't very nice but I like her a lot. Sometimes she just seems a little stressed out and who wouldn't be with that job! :)

I think sometimes she has to be a little tough to prove that she's the real designer and the homeowners have no taste LOL

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"The Kids Are Alright"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-0wgrWB9g

I don't watch TV much, and when I do, it's NOVA or the Science or History Channel or the news. I don't think of TV as entertainment but information.

But my wife turned me on to this new show this season, "The Kids are Alright"

It's GREAT!

It's well written, well acted, funny. It reminds me a b it of Home Improvement.

Check it out

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

All these shows involve a degree of playacting, I am sure. Hillary and David, for example, appear to spar, and she acts distraught when the builders find mold or unlevel concrete, but I know it is just for show. However, I think that Hillary has excellent taste and better vision than her contemporaries on some of the other shows of this kind. I can imagine, therefore, that the homeowners who choose to Love It! are not always passing up the other house because of nostalgia or not wanting to go to the trouble of buying and listing, etc.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The Alaska ones are interesting especially if you like learning a little about how to survive

Top Bottom