• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 200

    Christian Theology - Thread: Election

    1. #21
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Nope. You must hate the God revealed in the Bible if you think God's election of humans makes him not knowing, not all powerful and not merciful.
      A different subject that you can discuss is God's justice. If fits well with His election. Perhaps you don't want God to be just.
      Not at all friend.

      I believe the elect have a purpose; which is to bring all to GOD through Christ. Make ready the Way of the LORD. I would like to see scripture on the subject.

      The Bible says GOD is merciful and all knowing.

      That, and what you conclude about the whole of those unelected cannot both be truth.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    2. #22
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Nope. You must hate the God revealed in the Bible if you think God's election of humans makes him not knowing, not all powerful and not merciful.
      A different subject that you can discuss is God's justice. If fits well with His election. Perhaps you don't want God to be just.
      On the contrary; GOD is just and all knowing and the Creator of all existence who knowingly gave us all power and potential we have. So go ahead and explain how pretty much all life being tortured forever for doing what GOD "caused" them to do is just in any way.

      And to be clear; my understanding of the Bible is different and separate from yours; so please do not claim that I make any remark contrary to scripture without proof please. Our different understandings or the lack there of, doesn't mean we do not agree with scripture; just that we don't agree with one another's "understanding" of scripture.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by popsthebuilder; 06-30-2018 at 07:27 PM.
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    3. #23
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,527
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      12,854
      CH Challenge
      298
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      17,674
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.63%
      Rep Power
      534
      Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
      Not at all friend.

      I believe the elect have a purpose; which is to bring all to GOD through Christ. Make ready the Way of the LORD.
      that sounds as though you think the elect are chosen for a special task, quite independent of whether or not they have been chosen for salvation. But the Bible speaks more definitely about the latter than about the former perspective. See for instance, John 10:28-30

      28”I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

    4. Likes MennoSota liked this post
    5. #24
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,032
      CH Cash
      16,980
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,491
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      76.93%
      Rep Power
      424
      Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
      On the contrary; GOD is just and all knowing and the Creator of all existence who knowingly gave us all power and potential we have. So go ahead and explain how pretty much all life being tortured forever for doing what GOD "caused" them to do is just in any way.
      Your comprehension seems weak. Never once is God the cause of sin. God never caused Adam to corrupt the human condition. The problem is not with God, but with your insistence upon blaming God for your corrupt nature.
      And to be clear; my understanding of the Bible is different and separate from yours; so please do not claim that I make any remark contrary to scripture without proof please. Our different understandings or the lack there of, doesn't mean we do not agree with scripture; just that we don't agree with one another's "understanding" of scripture.
      To be clear, your understanding has no solid support in the Bible. You rail against election and against God's Sovereignty, yet you cannot support your position with scripture.
      You have created a role for the elect that is strange and not supportable. You claim that God elected people to do the evangelism so that others could choose. That theory is simply put: bizarre and wrong.
      But...prove your position with scripture.

    6. #25
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Your comprehension seems weak. Never once is God the cause of sin. God never caused Adam to corrupt the human condition. The problem is not with God, but with your insistence upon blaming God for your corrupt nature.

      To be clear, your understanding has no solid support in the Bible. You rail against election and against God's Sovereignty, yet you cannot support your position with scripture.
      You have created a role for the elect that is strange and not supportable. You claim that God elected people to do the evangelism so that others could choose. That theory is simply put: bizarre and wrong.
      But...prove your position with scripture.
      I don't rail against election.

      I don't think only 144,000 people out of all people ever will be the only ones saved. If you do then how is GOD just or merciful to you?

      Ephesians 1: 3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has crowned us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ; 4. even as, in His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. 5. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- 6. to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. 7. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, 8. the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, 9. when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose 10. for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. 11. In Him we Jews have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, 12. so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes--we who were the first to fix our hopes on Christ. 13. And in Him you Gentiles also, after listening to the Message of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--having believed in Him--were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit; 22. God has put all things under His feet, and has appointed Him universal and supreme Head of the Church, which is His Body, 23. the completeness of Him who everywhere fills the universe with Himself.

      (So it is for the elect to carry out the will of GOD. and what is the will of GOD for all HIS creation?)
      1 Timothy 2: 1. I exhort then, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men; 2. including kings and all who are in high station, in order that we may live peaceful and tranquil lives with all godliness and gravity. 3. This is right, and is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, 4. who is willing for all mankind to be saved and come to a full knowledge of the truth. 6. who gave Himself as the redemption price for all--a fact testified to at its own appointed time,

      (Your turn)


      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    7. #26
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,032
      CH Cash
      16,980
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,491
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      76.93%
      Rep Power
      424
      Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
      I don't rail against election.

      I don't think only 144,000 people out of all people ever will be the only ones saved. If you do then how is GOD just or merciful to you?
      I have already explained this in the beginning of this thread. Are humans, by nature, sinful? Have all fallen short of the glory of God? Is the wages of sin, death? You know the answer. You know the law requires justice to be paid for law breaking. Is God just or is He unjust? Is God required to pardon all humanity? If so, please present your universalism.
      Ephesians 1: 3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has crowned us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ; 4. even as, in His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. 5. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- 6. to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. 7. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, 8. the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, 9. when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose 10. for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. 11. In Him we Jews have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, 12. so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes--we who were the first to fix our hopes on Christ. 13. And in Him you Gentiles also, after listening to the Message of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--having believed in Him--were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit; 22. God has put all things under His feet, and has appointed Him universal and supreme Head of the Church, which is His Body, 23. the completeness of Him who everywhere fills the universe with Himself.
      (So it is for the elect to carry out the will of GOD. and what is the will of GOD for all HIS creation?)
      It is for the elect to be adopted. All humanity, indeed all creation carries out the will of God.
      You have tried to tie your bad interpretation of 1 Timothy into a passage on predestination, which is just bad hermeneutics.
      1 Timothy 2: 1. I exhort then, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men; 2. including kings and all who are in high station, in order that we may live peaceful and tranquil lives with all godliness and gravity. 3. This is right, and is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, 4. who is willing for all mankind to be saved and come to a full knowledge of the truth. 6. who gave Himself as the redemption price for all--a fact testified to at its own appointed time,

      (Your turn)


      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      I have gone over your bad interpretation of verse 4 on multiple occasions and you have been shown to be wrong. Yet you continue in your stubborn path none-the-less.
      Are you a universalist? You must be. Otherwise you cannot reach the conclusions you have reached. By your teaching, all humanity is elect and universally saved.

    8. #27
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I have already explained this in the beginning of this thread. Are humans, by nature, sinful? Have all fallen short of the glory of God? Is the wages of sin, death? You know the answer. You know the law requires justice to be paid for law breaking. Is God just or is He unjust? Is God required to pardon all humanity? If so, please present your universalism.



      It is for the elect to be adopted. All humanity, indeed all creation carries out the will of God.
      You have tried to tie your bad interpretation of 1 Timothy into a passage on predestination, which is just bad hermeneutics.

      I have gone over your bad interpretation of verse 4 on multiple occasions and you have been shown to be wrong. Yet you continue in your stubborn path none-the-less.
      Are you a universalist? You must be. Otherwise you cannot reach the conclusions you have reached. By your teaching, all humanity is elect and universally saved.
      No sir; you seem to be missing something.....that's right; scriptural support.

      So to you GOD hasn't the means to fullfil HIS will to you!?

      I didn't try to tie anything together.

      I posted the scriptural fact that it is the desire of GOD that all be saved and the elect reflect the light and Way of GOD.

      All you have mustered is a "nahah....I said otherwise, I'm right your wrong.

      This isn't kinder care friendo; how does it go? You remember I'm sure; put up or shut up.

      While you are putting up, go ahead and post scripture showing it is the will of GOD that most be eternally tortured for what GOD caused knowingly...

      on second thought; wait on that last bit....don't want you to get sidetracked.


      Still waiting on the scripture.....and there is a WHOLE lot more scripture to support my understanding; just as soon as you have the stomach for it.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    9. #28
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      that sounds as though you think the elect are chosen for a special task, quite independent of whether or not they have been chosen for salvation. But the Bible speaks more definitely about the latter than about the former perspective. See for instance, John 10:28-30

      28”I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
      The elect being saved is a given and an aside at this point.

      Double predestination is wholly and utterly evil; GOD is wholly just and merciful.

      I simply want an individual to reconcile these two things scripturally....though they cannot.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    10. #29
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Cash
      34,080
      CH Challenge
      3
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,257
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      40.69%
      Rep Power
      141
      for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    11. #30
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,032
      CH Cash
      16,980
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,491
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      76.93%
      Rep Power
      424
      Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
      No sir; you seem to be missing something.....that's right; scriptural support.

      So to you GOD hasn't the means to fullfil HIS will to you!?

      I didn't try to tie anything together.

      I posted the scriptural fact that it is the desire of GOD that all be saved and the elect reflect the light and Way of GOD.

      All you have mustered is a "nahah....I said otherwise, I'm right your wrong.

      This isn't kinder care friendo; how does it go? You remember I'm sure; put up or shut up.

      While you are putting up, go ahead and post scripture showing it is the will of GOD that most be eternally tortured for what GOD caused knowingly...

      on second thought; wait on that last bit....don't want you to get sidetracked.


      Still waiting on the scripture.....and there is a WHOLE lot more scripture to support my understanding; just as soon as you have the stomach for it.

      Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
      Please go through Ephesians 1 as well as Timothy, and show how they teach your claimed position that God elects some to be evangelists to all so that all will be saved.
      You simply quoted two passages and said "see, I have scripture", but you never went through those verses to show how those verses teach what you contend. I appreciate verse by verse so please share how the two passages you quoted teach what you preach.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •