Election

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scriptures you share speak for themselves, they just don't speak your theology. If you care to share how you've pretzeled them into your theology, please do so. But, don't imagine that merely copying and pasting scripture makes your argument legitimate. Satan quoted scripture for goodness sakes.
Do you imagine that God has not elected some Egyptians into the Kingdom? I tell you that I personally know some redeemed Egyptians whom God has elected to adopt and save.
My point was that GOD hardened the heart of pharoah, but in the end times even Egypt will be saved.

Will GOD'S will be done?

Yes or no?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
My point was that GOD hardened the heart of pharoah, but in the end times even Egypt will be saved.

Will GOD'S will be done?

Yes or no?

Is Egypt a person that you know has been elected by God? Interesting that he or she is named after a nation.
The Bible says that God will choose persons from every tribe and tongue. Certainly a few Egyptians are in the mix, as are some from Nicaragua, Hong Kong, Romania and Cuba, etc.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is Egypt a person that you know has been elected by God? Interesting that he or she is named after a nation.
The Bible says that God will choose persons from every tribe and tongue. Certainly a few Egyptians are in the mix, as are some from Nicaragua, Hong Kong, Romania and Cuba, etc.
Good point; of all nations.

But He calls them for a reason....while they are yet physically alive....for a reason.

If it was simply to save them from eternal destruction upon judgement then why affect them in this physical life?

Do the elect not reflect the attributes of GOD?

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Sometimes they positively glitter...

Sometimes they glow...

God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all...

Arsenios

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Isn't election about being in Christ. One is elect by being in Christ and not by any eternal decree about individuals apart from Christ.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, if the length of this time had not been limited, no one would survive; but for the sake of those who have been chosen, its length will be limited.

A roar of many waters
On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, I was on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, 5 when I looked up, and there before me was a man dressed in linen wearing a belt made of fine Ufaz gold. 6 His body was like beryl, his face looked like lightning and his eyes like fiery torches; his arms and feet were the color of burnished bronze; and when he spoke, it sounded like the roar of a crowd.

No one has been blameless in lying about the Holy Days,
Time has only been shortened for the elect that have studied to show themselves approved.

the 5 months of terror is upon the heads of the false shepherds for the time being.
They refused to admit error and so as the sons of perdition devour their mother.

This may be something difficult to admit for some.
Yet it is their own fault for taking up a mantle.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Indeed, if the length of this time had not been limited, no one would survive; but for the sake of those who have been chosen, its length will be limited.

A roar of many waters
On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, I was on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, 5 when I looked up, and there before me was a man dressed in linen wearing a belt made of fine Ufaz gold. 6 His body was like beryl, his face looked like lightning and his eyes like fiery torches; his arms and feet were the color of burnished bronze; and when he spoke, it sounded like the roar of a crowd.

No one has been blameless in lying about the Holy Days,
Time has only been shortened for the elect that have studied to show themselves approved.

the 5 months of terror is upon the heads of the false shepherds for the time being.
They refused to admit error and so as the sons of perdition devour their mother.

This may be something difficult to admit for some.
Yet it is their own fault for taking up a mantle.

I don't understand the reference to holy days, would you explain please?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Isn't election about being in Christ. One is elect by being in Christ and not by any eternal decree about individuals apart from Christ.

No, it is about being chosen to BE in Christ (the eternal decree stuff).

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No, it is about being chosen to BE in Christ (the eternal decree stuff).

I don't think it is about that. It is about Christ who is the elect of God. The gospel is about Christ. It is about being in Christ but it is not about people who are not in him, though the message is addressed to all the promises are received by those in Christ because the promise was made to Christ. That's the message that saint Peter presented when he taught
Galatians 3:15 Brothers, listen to this comparison. When anyone has made his will in the prescribed form, no one can annul it or add anything to it. 16 Well now, what God promised Abraham was for his descendant. Scripture does not say: for the descendants, as if they were many. It means only one: this will be for your descendant, and this is Christ. 17 Now I say this: if God has made a testament in due form, it cannot be annulled by the law, which came four hundred and thirty years later; God’s promise cannot be canceled. 18 But if we now inherit for keeping the law, it is not because of the promise. Yet, that promise was God’s gift to Abraham.
The promise is for Christ. Christian participate in it by being in Christ. And Christ is the seed, the elect of God.
1Peter 1:1 From Peter, apostle of Jesus Christ, to all those living as aliens in the Dispersion, in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 to those whom God, the Father, has called, according to his plan, and made holy, by the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ, and be purified by his blood: may grace and peace increase among you.

3 Let us praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for his great mercy. In raising Jesus Christ from the dead, he has given us new life, and a living hope. 4 The inheritance that does not corrupt, nor goes bad, nor passes away, was reserved for you, in heaven, 5 since God’s power shall keep you faithful, until salvation is revealed, in the last days. 6 There is cause for joy, then, even though you may, for a time, have to suffer many trials. 7 Thus will your faith be tested, like gold in a furnace. Gold, however, passes away, but faith, worth so much more, will bring you, in the end, praise, glory and honor, when Jesus Christ appears. 8 You have not, yet, seen him, and, yet, you love him; even without seeing him, you believe in him, and experience a heavenly joy beyond all words, 9 for you are reaching the goal of your faith: the salvation of your souls. 10 This was the salvation for which the prophets so eagerly looked when, in days past, they foretold the favor of God, with regard to you. 11 But they could only investigate when the Spirit of Christ present within them, pointed out the time and the circumstances, of this—the sufferings of Christ, and the glories which would follow. 12 It was revealed to them, that they were working, not for themselves, but for you. Thus, in these days, after the Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven, the gospel’s preachers have taught you these mysteries, which even the angels long to see.
And saint Paul also taught it in these words
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, by the will of God, to the saints in Ephesus, to you, who share Christian faith: 2 receive grace and peace from God, our Father, and from Jesus, the Lord. • 3 Blessed be God, the Father of Christ Jesus our Lord, who, in Christ, has blessed us from heaven, with every spiritual blessing. 4 God chose us, in Christ, before the creation of the world, to be holy, and without sin in his presence. 5 From eternity he destined us, in love, to be his adopted sons and daughters, through Christ Jesus, thus fulfilling his free and generous will. This goal suited him: 6 that his loving-kindness, which he granted us in his beloved might finally receive all glory and praise. 7 For, in Christ, we obtain freedom, sealed by his blood, and have the forgiveness of sins. In this, appears the greatness of his grace, 8 which he lavished on us. In all wisdom and understanding, 9 God has made known to us his mysterious design, in accordance with his loving-kindness, in Christ. 10 In him, and under him, God wanted to unite, when the fullness of time had come, everything in heaven and on earth. 11 By a decree of him, who disposes all things, according to his own plan and decision, we, the Jews, have been chosen and called, 12 and we were awaiting the Messiah, for the praise of his glory. 13 You, on hearing the word of truth, the gospel that saves you, have believed in him. And, as promised, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit, 14 the first pledge of what we shall receive, on the way to our deliverance, as a people of God, for the praise of his glory.
It is in Christ that the faithful receive their calling, their election, their salvation, and in the last day their glorification all in Christ none in individuals apart from Christ.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Meaning it is time,
The shortening has been pronounced this yr at the full Moon of Shavuot..

Now the seal is upon the false shepherds who worshiped contrary to the Royal Torah. sealed to the five month curse they themselves called upon others.
The Sun and Moon do not move for man.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't think it is about that. It is about Christ who is the elect of God.

I know that you want to reword it to make it fit RC doctrine, but no, that is not what election is about.

It is God's eternal decree. It is about those humans given to Christ whom no one can take from him...and a number of other verses of Scripture. If it is a true teaching or not, that is what it means and why it is believed.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I know that you want to reword it to make it fit RC doctrine, but no, that is not what election is about.

It is God's eternal decree. It is about those humans given to Christ whom no one can take from him...and a number of other verses of Scripture. If it is a true teaching or not, that is what it means and why it is believed.

“In addition, the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice or seen his shape; 38 moreover, his word does not stay in you, because you don’t trust the one he sent. 39 You keep examining the Tanakh because you think that in it you have eternal life. Those very Scriptures bear witness to me, 40 but you won’t come to me in order to have life!

41 “I don’t collect praise from men, 42 but I do know you people — I know that you have no love for God in you! 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you don’t accept me; if someone else comes in his own name, him you will accept. 44 How can you trust? You’re busy collecting praise from each other, instead of seeking praise from God only.

45 “But don’t think that it is I who will be your accuser before the Father. Do you know who will accuse you? Moshe, the very one you have counted on! 46 For if you really believed Moshe, you would believe me; because it was about me that he wrote. 47 But if you don’t believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

We don’t dare class or compare ourselves with some of the people who advertise themselves. In measuring themselves against each other and comparing themselves with each other, they are simply stupid. 13 We will not boast about what lies outside the area of work which God has given us; rather, we will boast within our assigned area, and that area does reach as far as you. 14 We are not overextending our boasting as if we had not reached as far as you; for we did come all the way to you with the Good News of the Messiah. 15 We do not boast about the area in which others labor; but our hope is that as your trust grows, we will be magnified in your midst in relation to our own area of work, so that we can go on to do even more, 16 namely, to proclaim the Good News in regions beyond you. Our hope is not to boast about the work already done by someone else.

17 So, let anyone who wants to boast, boast about Adonai; 18 because it is not the one who recommends himself who is worthy of approval, but the one whom the Lord recommends.

rc and protestant alike have taken a path away from the Word.

And they have strewn lies about the HOLY DAYS
quick to shed innocent blood they were in cursing man

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
rc and protestant alike have taken a path away from the Word.

And they have strewn lies about the HOLY DAYS
quick to shed innocent blood they were in cursing man

Oh sure, we do have extremists, lone wolf Christians, cultists, and other such folks who don't fall into any of the usual categories--Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant--and they are entitled to comment, but at the same time that doesn't mean that those stray theories contribute much.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Oh sure, we do have extremists, lone wolf Christians, cultists, and other such folks who don't fall into any of the usual categories--Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant--and they are entitled to comment, but at the same time that doesn't mean that those stray theories contribute much.
Are you having difficulty?

How many times have the Teachers in our past said to seek knowledge.

There is only the Royal Law to govern the hearts of the believers.

And no amount of lies strewn about to destroy the earth will prevail against the Word and Glory of the Holy One of Yisrayl.

Those who destroy the earth........

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Nope. None whatsoever.

Just stick to what I explained above.

I have no idea what you are trying to explain.
Could you possibly be more specific.
For instance.
If a Follower of the Shekinah.
Ignored man made titles such as catholic, orthodox, and protestant.
Would you consider the Testimony they give?

Because it seems you have drawn some sort of divisive metaphysical line in the sand so to speak.

If a son or daughter serves the Royal Law.
Yeshua is Head as King of kings.
There is no other.

And no one but the Son has Authority in heaven and earth.

Everyone against the Royal Law is against Yeshua.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Good point; of all nations.

But He calls them for a reason....while they are yet physically alive....for a reason.

If it was simply to save them from eternal destruction upon judgement then why affect them in this physical life?

2 Corinthians 5 tells you the reason. God’s elect are his ambassadors, sharing God's reconciliation. The elect are the legacy and great cloud of witnesses in Hebrews 12:1.
Do you have a verse that tells us the elect reflect the attributes of God? Please share it if you have it.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
No. No he can't. Please take Mr apocalypse to a different thread...

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is about that. It is about Christ who is the elect of God.
That sure looks like heresy. [emoji33]
Christ is God. Why would God elect God?
No, the Bible is clear that God has chosen whom he will adopt. God's choice = God's election.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
LOL, you sound like a pagan howling at the full moon.
Meaning it is time,
The shortening has been pronounced this yr at the full Moon of Shavuot..

Now the seal is upon the false shepherds who worshiped contrary to the Royal Torah. sealed to the five month curse they themselves called upon others.
The Sun and Moon do not move for man.

Top Bottom