Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
*Complaining*

Many know I have Hydrocephalus and Dandy-Walker-Syndrome. Have them since birth. Well I also have Scoliosis . But thats not all I now have Plantar Fasciitis. I probably have other stuff I just can't think of. I'm TIRED of the PAIN. :banghead: I have prayed and prayed and have had MANY people pray for me and NOTHING has happened. Its very discouraging. So where is God through all this?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was talking with a client about this kind of thing last week. I mentioned Joseph in the Bible and how even though he was sold into slavery by his brother and they tried to kill him and then accused of attempted rape and thrown into prison, it always ends each episode he goes through by saying that God was with him. It isn't a sign that God abandoned him because those bad things happened to him.
One pastor I heard yesterday Brandon Ware commented in a sermon he preached that we have a God with scars. He also knows what it means to suffer

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was talking with a client about this kind of thing last week. I mentioned Joseph in the Bible and how even though he was sold into slavery by his brother and they tried to kill him and then accused of attempted rape and thrown into prison, it always ends each episode he goes through by saying that God was with him. It isn't a sign that God abandoned him because those bad things happened to him.
One pastor I heard yesterday Brandon Ware commented in a sermon he preached that we have a God with scars. He also knows what it means to suffer

But what about all the times I've prayed and have been prayed for? What was that for? Nothing? Is praying useless?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He is right there with you Krissy I am sorry you have so much pain and am praying for you

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
But what about all the times I've prayed and have been prayed for? What was that for? Nothing? Is praying useless?

Absolutely not! Prayer is our means of communication with God, I would encourage you to listen, see what He says. Have you heard Him or has He told you to do anything?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Absolutely not! Prayer is our means of communication with God, I would encourage you to listen, see what He says. Have you heard Him or has He told you to do anything?

I have never heard His voice but I have had a feeling I needed to do something. (Guessing thats him)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

No, it isn't for nothing. Even Paul had his thorns in the flesh. It is hard to make an sense out of it in the middle of suffering. But, I try to remember that God's perfect and loving character is such that I can trust him when I don't understand him

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, it isn't for nothing. Even Paul had his thorns in the flesh. It is hard to make an sense out of it in the middle of suffering. But, I try to remember that God's perfect and loving character is such that I can trust him when I don't understand him

Thats the hard part. Trusting.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
None of us has heard his voice, Krissy, although people insist that they have. God has communicated that way a few, special, times in human history, BUT he has communicated with us through his word in Scripture. IOW, do not be discouraged because you have not literally, audibly, heard his response to your prayer.

But this also does not mean that he has not taken account of your prayers and petitions. He will respond as he sees it best for you. Again, that's the way it is with all of us. What he has in mind for you may not appear immediately, and that is where people begin to doubt.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
God lets us suffer and it's not a punishment for anything we have done and it doesn't mean He loves you less. When I suffered through my cancers and surgeries I found that I was used by God to reach other people who otherwise would not have known me. Although I wasn't an in your face type of Christian, those around me still knew of my faith in the Savior and it made an impact on them.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I worked in a children's hospital for years and watched how children came into this world with catastrophic illnesses and mental and/or physical handicaps and watched them struggle what normally was a short life span. Many had bright faces, hope in their heart and wisdom beyond their years. They were like falling stars burning out way too quickly.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
None of us has heard his voice, Krissy, although people insist that they have. God has communicated that way a few, special, times in human history, BUT he has communicated with us through his word in Scripture. IOW, do not be discouraged because you have not literally, audibly, heard his response to your prayer.

But this also does not mean that he has not taken account of your prayers and petitions. He will respond as he sees it best for you. Again, that's the way it is with all of us. What he has in mind for you may not appear immediately, and that is where people begin to doubt.

Its just frustrating and discouraging (using that word again). I have prayed/have been prayed over for so many years and I'm still in so much pain. I'm just so tired of the pain. :(

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
God lets us suffer and it's not a punishment for anything we have done and it doesn't mean He loves you less. When I suffered through my cancers and surgeries I found that I was used by God to reach other people who otherwise would not have known me. Although I wasn't an in your face type of Christian, those around me still knew of my faith in the Savior and it made an impact on them.

I'm sorry I know you have had cancer (still have it?) and the surgeries. I know it sounds like I'm complaining and I'm only half complaining cause I want to be heard. God hasn't used me yet I guess then cause I'm still in pain.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I worked in a children's hospital for years and watched how children came into this world with catastrophic illnesses and mental and/or physical handicaps and watched them struggle what normally was a short life span. Many had bright faces, hope in their heart and wisdom beyond their years. They were like falling stars burning out way too quickly.

I was like that as a kid too. Its different when you become an adult. I don't know why, it just is. I commend you for working in the hospital. it takes special people to do those kinds of jobs and work with sick kids. I always LOVED my nurses and doctors when I was in the hospital.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It's really easy to come up with fine-sounding words when you're not the one going through it all so please take this in the spirit it's intended.

Praying is about talking to God. Think of a little girl talking to her parents - sometimes she wants to ask for something, sometimes she wants to talk about what frightens her, sometimes she just wants to talk about her day at school or her friends or what she wants to do at the weekend. If she asks for something her parents might say Yes and give her what she wants, they might say No and not give her what she wants, they might say she can have it later, they might give her something else entirely. The crucial thing is that her parents know more than she does about what is good for her.

When I was a child I wanted to use the big knife my Mummy used to cut up food. I was only four years old and didn't understand why she wouldn't let me hold it. She knew what might happen if I did have the big knife and so she wouldn't let me have it. I thought she was awfully mean, I promised to be careful with it but still she wouldn't let me have it. Now, as an adult myself, I know very well why she wouldn't let me have it.

Paul talked of the times he asked God to remove the thorn in his flesh. Three times he asked, and three times God refused. In the end God said "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness", and Paul wrote about how he would boast in his infirmities. He wouldn't boast about the many other things most of us would consider reason to boast, he'd boast where he was weak. I forget the reference off the top of my head, I think it was 2Co 12:9

I can't say why God might choose not to heal you, at least at this time. I can offer the words of a lady I know who is now in her 60s and has been disabled since birth, and seen her body gradually fall apart through her just trying to live. When her legs didn't work and she walked with crutches it put an extra load on her shoulders and now she can't do that, so uses an electric scooter to get around. Needless to say anything requiring even a single step presents a problem for her. She said that God can use her in ways that probably wouldn't work if she had been able-bodied. There are so many things she physically can't do, and yet so many things she can (and does) still do.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
*Complaining*

Many know I have Hydrocephalus and Dandy-Walker-Syndrome. Have them since birth. Well I also have Scoliosis . But thats not all I now have Plantar Fasciitis. I probably have other stuff I just can't think of. I'm TIRED of the PAIN. :banghead: I have prayed and prayed and have had MANY people pray for me and NOTHING has happened. Its very discouraging. So where is God through all this?

Complain all that you would like to do, for you have many hearts here who will listen and not judge. The pain you feel is not from God and when you have people pray for you and suspect your faith to be lacking because you have not been healed, I beg you with all my heart to not listen to them. They are entirely wrong. May His peace be upon you, Krissy.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sorry I know you have had cancer (still have it?) and the surgeries. I know it sounds like I'm complaining and I'm only half complaining cause I want to be heard. God hasn't used me yet I guess then cause I'm still in pain.

I'm doing well for now. Who knows what the future holds. Sometimes you never know that God is using you...but just know that He always uses His people (and even uses those who aren't his sheep) to do His will.

Are there things you can do to alleviate your pain that doesn't involve meds (if you're prescribed any then certainly take them!)? Like yoga or relaxation techniques?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm doing well for now. Who knows what the future holds. Sometimes you never know that God is using you...but just know that He always uses His people (and even uses those who aren't his sheep) to do His will.

I think sometimes God uses us in ways that make a difference to someone else and we don't even know it's happening. It helps keep us humble if we don't even know that we were the instrument that God used to reach out to someone.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
*Complaining*

You're absolutely right to do so. Although this may afford you small comfort, I'm praying for you. God will have to be the One to show you where He is throughout all this. :pray4::(:bible:

Top Bottom