Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes, you get a little gift bag with a t shirt and race number and information about other upcoming races.

I have plans to do another one in September on my favorite trail and then we will see how much progress I am making. I would eventually like to do something longer

I would do a race...if it weren't for having other people around me :D I like to be by myself when I walk or run.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got done making a huge mess in the woodshop, cutting circles out of 3/4" thick plywood. One was 23.5" across and the other was 22.25" across. The smaller one fits very snugly into the metal barrel lurking in the basement and the larger one provides a lip to get the smaller one out again. Next up is a visit to the hardware store to get some plumbing fittings so I can turn the whole thing into a nice big cyclonic separator, and connect it to either the table saw or the miter saw. At some point I'm going to rig up a router table which will also have an attachment to it, and maybe a planer as well. Then I'll also have a generic hose attachment so that if I'm just running a drill or a jigsaw or something I can clean up afterwards.

If all goes according to plan I'll have a nice selection of tools in one room of the basement which will let me do all sorts of other good stuff with the rest of the basement. I'm hoping I can fit everything in and don't need to spill over into another room. If I have to do finer work in the adjacent room that's not an issue but I'd really rather not have to run hoses to clean up after big power tools in more than one room.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, you get a little gift bag with a t shirt and race number and information about other upcoming races.

I have plans to do another one in September on my favorite trail and then we will see how much progress I am making. I would eventually like to do something longer

I jogged 3 miles (in the house) in your honor :D Then I walked another mile because I'm not even to my 15,000 steps today yet. I still have more steps to go but I'm tired now.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would do a race...if it weren't for having other people around me :D I like to be by myself when I walk or run.

When I was in my 20's I did a 5k in downtown Dallas around Halloween. It was cold and rainy that day. I remember it because near the beginning of the race someone fell in the middle of the pack and got trampled on by the persons behind them. It can be a little dangerous at the beginning since people are bunched so close to each other. I won't be near the front today though

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was in my 20's I did a 5k in downtown Dallas around Halloween. It was cold and rainy that day. I remember it because near the beginning of the race someone fell in the middle of the pack and got trampled on by the persons behind them. It can be a little dangerous at the beginning since people are bunched so close to each other. I won't be near the front today though

Don't they all have timers on anyway?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Spending time with Lexi. :high5:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Don't they all have timers on anyway?

There is a chip on the running number each person gets to track when they cross the start/finish line. So, you know exactly how slow you are.

some races also have clocks about half way to let you know how your doing, but I will be keeping track myself also by my watch

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Looks like my separator is nearing completion. I realised I have another circle to cut but this one can be made from 1/4" plywood. It forms the baffle underneath the main lid that reduces the amount of dust pulled out of the separator by turbulence and all that. Since I've got pipe work between the table saw and my smaller separator hopefully it won't make anywhere near as much mess as it did cutting the larger circles.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Big storm ripped through our area. We had water coming in through the front door knob!!!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got some more woodworking done. Two halves of the lid for my new separator are screwed together. It was more work than it should have been to drill 2 3/4" holes through them. I'm not sure if there was a bit of moisture in the wood or what but the hole saw kept binding and I had to keep clearing the debris from around it. Now I've got some caulking drying around the pipe fittings I'm using to connect everything. I also cut some standoffs to hold the baffle in place. Oh yes, and cut the baffle. The plywood I used for that is slightly warped so I'll most likely brace it with a wood strip just to make sure it stays more or less flat.

With this one I'm going to position and angle the standoffs to try and force more material to the sides. Hopefully that will shake out more of the material so it doesn't get sucked into the shop vac that provides the suction. I got a nice new shop vac hose from the hardware store and a few bits to connect it to either my table saw or my miter saw. All I need to do is move one end of it and away it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to work a nice layout in my basement so it all plays nicely together.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My 5k went well. I did better than I expected. my right arm is bothering me though which is nerve pain due to a disc problem I have in my neck. I may rest for a few days. The race was in 90 degree heat and it took a lot out of me

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Watching 'Spinal Tap' :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Lazy day so far. Got a bunch of weird and wonderful doodads to try and link up to the computer. An old client from years back made contact and asked if I'd work on another project for them. Not like I need more to do but the project sounds interesting and the money is quite reasonable for what's involved. So far I've got everything unpacked and checked it's all there. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll start downloading drivers and seeing what I can do with it all.

I will want to press on with my latest separator today. That should be a nice easy thing to get finished off, as long as my sealant holds everything in place. If not I'm going to have to look into drilling holes through plastic plumbing fixtures.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am waiting for my online client to show up for session. Then I have a visit at a home later today. Not much of a day off for me

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Waiting for my car at Canadian Tire. Hate Canadian Tire, manager's a jerk, but it'll do for simple stuff... (I hope) :pray:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My separator was closer to being finished than I thought. I got the baffle fitted to the bottom, moved the drum into place and put the lid on it. Connect up the table saw and the shop vac and off it all went. Initial indications are that it works as expected.

Now I just need to decide whether to get a dedicated shop vac for it, use the one I currently use with the smaller separator (not ideal, as it means moving it around a lot) or trying to botch something together with the oversize shop vac I have in the attic (also not ideal because the switch is a bit dodgy and I don't think I can rig it up to use HEPA filtration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom