Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I woke up at 5 am with my CPAP mask on the floor. Apparently I took it off during the night and didn't put it back on. I definitely notice a poorer quality of sleep with it off. This is going to be a rough day

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I woke up at 5 am with my CPAP mask on the floor. Apparently I took it off during the night and didn't put it back on. I definitely notice a poorer quality of sleep with it off. This is going to be a rough day

That must have been some nightmare you had...creature on your face? :D

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That must have been some nightmare you had...creature on your face? :D
I actually did have some bad dreams. Very poor sleep and full day planned today

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I haven't been to a family reunion is many years! My family...well over 2 decades! My husband's family...probably 6 years? My husband's family has more fun :D

I can relate. It seems that although the Goodings have fewer formal family reunions, they seem to have a lot more informal get- togethers and enjoy one another's company a bit more. The McDonalds just seem to be aging and carping at each other over ancient grudges. I can't wait for my Dad's brother to arrange another get- together, while I'm willing to let Mom's people be for awhile.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waking up and browsing the forum.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting in for a delivery. Annoying that I have to keep an eye on multiple external doors because this particular courier (FedEx) shows no rhyme nor reason as to which one they will use. They have a system to put in standing instructions but it doesn't work, and their customer "service" department doesn't appear to actually offer any service to customers. I hate FedEx. I put signs in all the doors guiding the driver to a door they can use but sometimes couriers don't even bother to follow simple instructions. Sometimes they knock on the door and immediately get back in their van, not even giving you chance to get to the door.

It's really difficult instruction to process "please use the rear door to the building" but thankfully the local UPS guy has managed to work it out. The only time I've missed a UPS delivery is if I've been out. Fedex customer "service" struggle to process such demanding requests.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My parcel finally arrived. Customer "services" told me to expect it around 3 and it showed up around 4:30. Sadly I couldn't do much work on the house while waiting for it because I couldn't take the chance of not hearing the door over banging or hammering or power tools running.

I managed to get a couple more strips of insulation panel into place. The room I'm working on now has the exterior wall almost entirely covered in panels. Soon it will be time to think about buying drywall sheets to start finishing jobs. I'm still not sure where I'm going to put it, given I've used three insulation panels so far and had expected to have used double that. I deliberately estimated a bit high because I'd rather find I have a spare panel than find I need one extra panel and have to ask my friend with the trailer if he'll go to the hardware store with me for the sake of one panel, but hadn't realised just how high I had estimated.

Maybe the next thing to do is pull down the lath-and-plaster ceiling in another room I've mostly trashed. It will make a horrendous mess (I don't want to wear safety goggles and a respirator in the heat but it would be lunacy to do anything less) but will mean the part where nail-embedded wood cascades from the ceiling is done. That in turn will mean I can fit insulation panels to the exterior wall in that room, and use up a few more of them. Then when I fit drywall I can fit it to the ceiling and lay nice new fiberglass over the top of it all.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting in for a delivery. Annoying that I have to keep an eye on multiple external doors because this particular courier (FedEx) shows no rhyme nor reason as to which one they will use. They have a system to put in standing instructions but it doesn't work, and their customer "service" department doesn't appear to actually offer any service to customers. I hate FedEx. I put signs in all the doors guiding the driver to a door they can use but sometimes couriers don't even bother to follow simple instructions. Sometimes they knock on the door and immediately get back in their van, not even giving you chance to get to the door.

It's really difficult instruction to process "please use the rear door to the building" but thankfully the local UPS guy has managed to work it out. The only time I've missed a UPS delivery is if I've been out. Fedex customer "service" struggle to process such demanding requests.

At least your UPS delivers to your house. Ours always goes to the next door neighbor!! Our latest delivery was a food one that had dry ice and it all melted in the 90 degree heat as it sat on the neighbor's porch! I waited all day for that delivery too!!! At least the food was still frozen when I opened it up.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
At least your UPS delivers to your house. Ours always goes to the next door neighbor!! Our latest delivery was a food one that had dry ice and it all melted in the 90 degree heat as it sat on the neighbor's porch! I waited all day for that delivery too!!! At least the food was still frozen when I opened it up.

At least going to the neighbor means it's in the right area. Our local FedEx has a nasty habit of either using the wrong door or knocking very gently so I barely hear it and then taking off like a rocket. Yesterday when I was waiting in I barely heard the driver gently tap on the door. There's a doorbell but for reasons best known to herself she didn't use it. I'm going to update my signs to ask future drivers to use the doorbell.

It's obviously a tough job to read instructions AND ring a doorbell. As I mentioned before it's obviously far too difficult for FedEx centrally to process a simple instruction like "use the rear door".

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I just got back from working the midshift at work. I just finished enjoying a fine plate of Spanish Rice with a side of bread and butter and a slice of cold coconut cream pie for dessert. Now, I'm websurfing.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I interviewed today for a part time position to supplement my income. Looks like I will be approved later today. I may start as early as Friday

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Leisurely day today. The weather wasn't particularly good so I sat in my recliner and read a book for much of the morning. Then I went to the library to return it and pick up a couple of others I requested. Sat on the porch with my wife for a while watching the world go by.

After supper I decided I should probably do at least some work so cut a couple of strips of insulation panel. One piece got cut to precise size, so precise I struggled to press it into place. Another strip is ready to be trimmed to slot into place. Then I decided it was gone 8pm and I didn't feel like getting too mucky, so took a shower and now I'm back in my recliner.

Some days you just need an easy day :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since my last surgery I've been attempting to do 15,000 steps daily. Most days I can accomplish this with ease and other days I struggle to get 10,000 steps. Yesterday I got around 12,000 but my legs were just too sore to do any more than that. All the squats I do for the household chores don't count as steps :(

I've been adding jogging to my routine too and doing 2 miles a day about 5 days a week. I'm not losing pounds but I can fit into a lot of my old clothes again which is really nice. So later this morning I'll probably do my jogging early on so I don't lose my energy level!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since my last surgery I've been attempting to do 15,000 steps daily. Most days I can accomplish this with ease and other days I struggle to get 10,000 steps. Yesterday I got around 12,000 but my legs were just too sore to do any more than that. All the squats I do for the household chores don't count as steps :(

I've been adding jogging to my routine too and doing 2 miles a day about 5 days a week. I'm not losing pounds but I can fit into a lot of my old clothes again which is really nice. So later this morning I'll probably do my jogging early on so I don't lose my energy level!

When I first started exercising after a long period of inactivity people said I was losing weight but the scale told a different story. I think what happens is you lose fat and gain muscle, which is denser. Hence you get smaller but stay the same weight. Then the fat starts to come off and you continue to get smaller but lose weight this time.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have been approved to receive new clients for my part time job. I can already tell this is going to be a challenge to manage my time. I already have three clients within the last 12 hours of being available.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
It's a hot and sunny day today in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I'm having my morning cuppa coffee and I'll be seeing my job coach in about an hour or so.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Feeling troubled. When my grandmother passed away I had three days bereavement on which I got a call the second day that I was terminated :/
I filed unemployment in the meantime as im in between jobs and it was denied. My case is that it was a wrongful termination and I really do not see how my former employer won the case... thus far. I just filed an appeal and I believe that they are using old violations to justify the termination. If that is the case why no verbal or written warning? They fired me the second day as I was mourning my grandmothers tragic death and preparing my role in the funeral. Why not fire me earlier? The previous violations contradict the employee handbook, one violation was when I left "early" (after 9 hours) because my grandma got in the accident and I wanted to be around family and know whats going on, I was in shock. The second was a few months later when she had several strokes and was unresponsive (a few days before she died).. It was a saturday btw and I got to see her one last time. I contacted the department the day before because I knew I would be out of town the next day. I had a series of dental procedures done which excused me on medical leave but to them I suppose it looks bad... I dunno. They were planning to move me to the front side department where I would have regular 8 hour shifts so I can make it to doctor and dentist appointments, they just needed a replacement for me but didn't get one for an entire month in which I had only one doctors appointment after an 8 hour shift. These all were supposedly excused but now they are going back on their word saying they never said that it was ok :/
The very day my grandmother died we were training my replacement but I left around noon which started my bereavement period... instead of waiting for me to return tuesday (monday was her funeral) they fire me the Friday before (2nd day of bereavement) and that tells me that they waited too long to replace me and the people in the front had already replaced my new position :/
Its interesting because yesterday I made a very sound argument with the decider for my claim in a phone conversation. After that call he made the call to my employer and I got the notice via website account that I was denied "because they fired me" :/
Well no duh, we confirmed that over the phone.
The termination was a slap in the face and not one of them ever consoled me over my recent loss in the family.
Side note: My aunt passes away a week later of lung failure she had been battling for months due to replacement lung complication... Im sure they would have fired me for her death as well.
The company said I owed PTO so my last check was a zero net check, after I showed him the funeral pamphlet I asked if I could at least get the 3 days bereavement pay... they approved but still took 10 hours toward PTO owed.
Now im jobless, penniless, hurt and confused, feeling betrayed, in mourning and bills are piling up and I am feeling spiritually weak just like the bad old days...
My insomnia is kicking in, I had a panic attack at church at my aunts funeral, my mood stabilizers are running low and also my Ambien lol but they arent really helping me much anyway.
Big boohoo post but I'm not trying to be a downer, just venting. Haven't been to my church in forever because I feel like I would be totally judged in front of my congregation and im not people pleasing anymore, they expect me to do cartwheels at a time like this or they wont leave me alone, thinking im on drugs or something meh whatever.
However I found the Catholic church entertaining somewhat and very boring at the same time, I'm not used to repetitious praying in unison and verbatim and all that plus I had to strain to keep my eyes from closing.
He had good words to say I liked the sermon and I felt my aunt had a very very respectful and intimate funeral.
Yup, hopefully things will pick up but this summer heat isnt helping cause my car just decided its not going to give me ac or even blow at all anymore... doo doo doo

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Prayers for you, DHoffmann that life improves very soon!!!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would think that you would win that appeal!

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dhoffman, what a terrible ordeal to have to go through and my sympathies on the passing of your family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom