Not open for further replies.

SilkenBast

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Pulling apart some of my old computers to take out the drives, and one to install a new motherboard and possibly some expansion cards onto sometime in the near future.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Eating and watching a gaming stream before bed.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting ready for church.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got up late for the 845 service, so I am listening to two sermons online and then going to the 11:15 am service

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Just home from a long afternoon drive. I was supposed to be cleaning around the house (which I'm getting to now), but I just didn't want to be indoors. Love being in the mountains :)

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Eating peanut butter crackers and listening to Jordan watch something online.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going to hunt for new hiking shoes today. My old ones are 4 years old with many miles on them. It's time to retire them.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going to hunt for new hiking shoes today. My old ones are 4 years old with many miles on them. It's time to retire them.

I need new hiking boots too. My existing ones don't feel particularly comfortable any more, if I hike more than about 10 miles my feet feel like they have been put through the mangle. Sometimes they rub blisters. When I bought them they were fairly cheap but I think what I need is a more expensive pair that will offer more comfort and last longer.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ran most of four miles on the treadmill this morning, walked the last half mile or so.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pulled down the last of the ceiling in the room I've been working on. I was surprised to fill another two of my bags with rubble and stuff. I also found another nasty looking electrical area, and determined that the cable I was looking for definitely didn't run where I expected it to. At least I can get at it now, so the replacement cable will go where I expect it. At some point I'm going to have to cut up the electrical cluster and replace it, so hopefully I can figure out what's there so I can at least leave something working while I replace it.

The next job is to shift a load of long strips of wood outside so I can pull staples out of them, then get them down into the basement. Then I can move my insulation panels into the room I've just finished trashing, seal the gaps in the adjacent room to stop dust spreading upwards or outwards, and pull down another ceiling.

It's really fun wearing a respirator in the heat. At least once this is done I can get at everything I need, so hopefully then I can rebuild it all pretty quickly. I checked with my friend who has the trailer and he's happy to take me to the hardware store as often as I need, so I can get a pile of stuff for rebuilding and not have to worry about buying so much it gets under my feet. Before long I'm going to need 320 square feet of chipboard to replace a section of flooring in the attic, and will use up most of my remaining rolls of fiberglass. It won't be long after that, that I need to get another load of chipboard and another 20 rolls of fiberglass. And then comes the drywall to replace the walls I've torn down. My goal is to get the exterior walls fixed, insulated and drywalled before winter sets in, so I can get the radiators reconnected and won't have to use electrical heating in that part of the house.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I need new hiking boots too. My existing ones don't feel particularly comfortable any more, if I hike more than about 10 miles my feet feel like they have been put through the mangle. Sometimes they rub blisters. When I bought them they were fairly cheap but I think what I need is a more expensive pair that will offer more comfort and last longer.

My feet were really bothering me too. We went to Cabela's today to get some Keen hikers for me but they didn't have them in stock even though last night the website said they did. But I tried on a different brand and checked Amazon and saved myself $30 by ordering from Amazon. Sorry, Cabela's. Should have had my Keen's in stock.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My feet were really bothering me too. We went to Cabela's today to get some Keen hikers for me but they didn't have them in stock even though last night the website said they did. But I tried on a different brand and checked Amazon and saved myself $30 by ordering from Amazon. Sorry, Cabela's. Should have had my Keen's in stock.

I need to check with a friend what boots he wears. He's a forester so is routinely on his feet in the woods for 8-10 hours a day, sometimes five days a week. If a pair of boots is good enough for him i's probably good enough for anyone, but I know he routinely pays $200+ for a pair of boots.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
tomorrow starts school based therapy for the fall for many kids. I have a bunch of new kids to meet and am going to a new schools on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going to bed. :yawning:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting groceries soon. I really hate grocery shopping.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Getting groceries soon. I really hate grocery shopping.
I love grocery shopping, what dont you like? Only thing that bothers me is if it is crowded

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I love grocery shopping, what dont you like? Only thing that bothers me is if it is crowded

I hate crowds...I try to go there early in the morning and there aren't many people there so that part is nice.

I hate dealing with the stockers in the aisles. They're nice...but they're in my way. That's why I try to go on Wednesdays when they aren't there. No idea why but I just noticed that they aren't there on Wednesdays so I like that better.

Then also I hate having to think about what I need even though I have a list because not everything is found that is on my list. Then I have to plan for meals for the week in my head.

I hate expired foods still out on the shelf.

I hate waiting for the check out.

I hate it when baggers aren't as fast as I am and they don't put things together like I put it on the conveyor belt. I want all my cold items together in bags. I don't want all cans in one bag!

Too many complaints. Sorry. My daughter wants to start going grocery shopping alone for me and I might take her up on that offer next time and sleep in LOL

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waking up :read:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hate crowds...I try to go there early in the morning and there aren't many people there so that part is nice.

I hate dealing with the stockers in the aisles. They're nice...but they're in my way. That's why I try to go on Wednesdays when they aren't there. No idea why but I just noticed that they aren't there on Wednesdays so I like that better.

Then also I hate having to think about what I need even though I have a list because not everything is found that is on my list. Then I have to plan for meals for the week in my head.

I hate expired foods still out on the shelf.

I hate waiting for the check out.

I hate it when baggers aren't as fast as I am and they don't put things together like I put it on the conveyor belt. I want all my cold items together in bags. I don't want all cans in one bag!

Too many complaints. Sorry. My daughter wants to start going grocery shopping alone for me and I might take her up on that offer next time and sleep in LOL

I hate grocery shopping for much the same reasons as you.

There's usually at least one goof who parks their cart diagonally across an aisle and then acts as if you're out of line if you push it out of the way. Or the guy with a fully loaded cart who just has to get in front of the person with two items in their hands at the checkout.

Years ago, in my pre-Christian days when my patience was particularly limited, in the run-up to Christmas I'd sometimes have my wife walk in front of me if I was pushing the cart because it kept me in check. There were times when if someone blocked the aisle with their cart I wouldn't even slow, I'd just keep going and knock it out of the way. If you don't want it knocked out of the way don't park it somewhere stupid.

On the other hand one year we did very well at the local hardware store. We were looking for a Christmas tree but didn't like the ones on display. Then we noticed a shopping cart with a tree in it that we both liked. There was nothing else in the cart. We waited a couple of minutes to see if anyone would return for it, and nobody did, so we took the cart to the checkout, paid for the tree, and took it home. Result.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married