Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I went out for lunch to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. We tried an Italian restaurant we haven't been to and it was really good...and reasonably priced so we'll be back. He's currently in a food coma and I'm surfing the web LOL
Glad you enjoyed it

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I got some more cement fixed and some more insulation panels fitted. I discovered that I can cut it with my power saws. It makes a very clean cut - much cleaner and much straighter than I can do by hand - but it throws a horrendous amount of dust around. Because it's tricky to manoeuvre a honking great sheet of material onto a table saw I'm cutting strips that are a little wider than I need, then trimming them on the table saw. I just need to make a jig to maintain a straight edge because it's tricky to cut something when neither edge is quite straight.

Using a circular saw also works but that's tricky because I need to make a suitable space around everything. It also throws lots of dust around. So the last job is to run the shop vac and gather up all the debris.

I also needed to cut some shims to raise the level of the baseboards. They are now cut and nailed into place everywere that's exposed. I thought I could get away without removing a couple of other pieces of baseboard but sadly that won't work because the levels of baseboard will be slightly different if I do that.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I got some more cement fixed and some more insulation panels fitted. I discovered that I can cut it with my power saws. It makes a very clean cut - much cleaner and much straighter than I can do by hand - but it throws a horrendous amount of dust around. Because it's tricky to manoeuvre a honking great sheet of material onto a table saw I'm cutting strips that are a little wider than I need, then trimming them on the table saw. I just need to make a jig to maintain a straight edge because it's tricky to cut something when neither edge is quite straight.

Using a circular saw also works but that's tricky because I need to make a suitable space around everything. It also throws lots of dust around. So the last job is to run the shop vac and gather up all the debris.

I also needed to cut some shims to raise the level of the baseboards. They are now cut and nailed into place everywere that's exposed. I thought I could get away without removing a couple of other pieces of baseboard but sadly that won't work because the levels of baseboard will be slightly different if I do that.
I remember one time when I was working for a contractor and I ended up blowing the dust over everything because I had the vac flow adjusted backwards lol
Lets just say that -that evening I was also a house cleaner... I was in my early 20s tho and back then I just told myself "Job Security" [emoji6]

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Finally got all the vinegar smell/taste out of the Keurig. I took it apart and cleaned every part and tube that would come off without wrecking the thing.
Never. Again.
But, finally, :coffee:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Maybe I should start a Keurig repair business on the side... Hmmm...

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Winding down and getting ready for bed.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I went for a jog this morning. I'm pretty sore. I'm thinking of taking a few days off from running to recover.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I remember one time when I was working for a contractor and I ended up blowing the dust over everything because I had the vac flow adjusted backwards lol
Lets just say that -that evening I was also a house cleaner... I was in my early 20s tho and back then I just told myself "Job Security" [emoji6]

Ha.... don't think any of my vacuums will do that. I use a cyclonic separator I made out of a 5-gallon bucket and know how tedious it is if I knock it over and the lid comes off. Usually the lid is pretty tightly sealed but knocking the bucket over will sometimes cause it to come off, and all the debris I sucked up since I last emptied it ends up over the floor again.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just pondering whether to press ahead and put insulation panels into the second room. Sooner or later they need to be in place, it's an eternal question of getting work in the right sequence. It's frustrating to still have so many panels nearly six months after buying them but having hit problems between buying them and fitting them I lost a lot of time. I think I'm going to be pulling down ceilings as well, and don't want to take the time to cut panels to size and fit them only to them damage them and have to replace them.

I'm surprised at how few panels I've gone through so far. I had expected to have to buy another pallet load of them but the rate I'm going the ones I have may go further than I expected. That would be nice - it's about time something turned out easier and cheaper than expected....

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got back from church and finished eating lunch. It's too muggy outside to be active so I'm going downstairs to do some workouts.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Enjoying the sounds of thunder. Doesn't happen often here

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Enjoying the sounds of thunder. Doesn't happen often here

We don't get much thunder where I live now either. Back in the Chicagoland area there used to be many violent storms every summer so this is nice to not have all that!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Posting and listening to K-Love.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm helping out at work with an intensive in home service. I have a home visit today at 4 pm for that service and a session in a few minutes as well.

I'm feeling really tired today

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Just got back from the family reunion. It was what it was.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We don't get much thunder where I live now either. Back in the Chicagoland area there used to be many violent storms every summer so this is nice to not have all that!

When we lived in Texas we got severe weather about every two or three months. The nursing home where I worked got some damage one time, but I wasn't there at the time. The glass door in the front busted and some trees got uprooted and the roof of the nursing home was damaged. Nobody in the nursing home was hurt though

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got out of the shower and now I'm relaxing.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got a bit more wiring replaced, a few more insulation panels fitted, and a few more patches in the wall mended. Still trying to figure a way to run an 8x4 sheet through my table saw without either fumbling it and ripping it to shreds, or fumbling it and ripping me to shreds.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting ready for bed. :sleeping:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got back from the family reunion. It was what it was.

I haven't been to a family reunion is many years! My family...well over 2 decades! My husband's family...probably 6 years? My husband's family has more fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom