• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 56

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Chris Pratt - MTV Award speech: Courageous?

    1. #21
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,805
      CH Cash
      16,044
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      15,821
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Rep Power
      413
      [
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I used to look up celebrity religious beliefs. I assumed weird al was an atheist but no he's Christian... Jack Black however is an atheist Jew and the majority of celebrities have turned up as atheistic Jews...
      Atheistic Jews... who would have thunk
      There are many secular (atheist) Jews who merely trace family history and have no faith (not all Israel is Israel). I have a cousin who calls herself a secular Christian, meaning she acknowledges her Mennonite heritage and the virtues of Jesus as a man, but denies God exists.
      Alice Cooper is a Christian. He has shared his faith at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. He just says his makeup is part of the fake persona of his entertainment.

    2. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    3. #22
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      34
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,964
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,814
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,737
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      48.7%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      [ There are many secular (atheist) Jews who merely trace family history and have no faith (not all Israel is Israel). I have a cousin who calls herself a secular Christian, meaning she acknowledges her Mennonite heritage and the virtues of Jesus as a man, but denies God exists.
      Alice Cooper is a Christian. He has shared his faith at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. He just says his makeup is part of the fake persona of his entertainment.
      I love to hear testimony from anyone, not into 'shock rock' artist but I have seen Coopers testimony on youtube as well as others' in that industry and it always humbles my heart in Christ.
      There was a mutual Christian friend that added me to fb who will ask for prayer request and never swear or curse in that post but in the next she cusses up a storm for laughs and giggles
      She even tells those to f off when a Christian confronts her about her cussing and how all profanity spoken will be charged at judgment day... I notice this mentioned tons of times in the bible.
      Anyway I just unfollow her and I should just type in James 3:10... I might just message her that lol
      Anyway sorry, back on topic (sorta)...
      I see what you're are saying about not all Israel is Israel, just like not all who cry out "Jesus Jesus" will be known to him or have any part with him.

    4. #23
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,805
      CH Cash
      16,044
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      15,821
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Rep Power
      413
      So I took MC up on his suggestion and Googled Chris Pratt. I found this article from the Huffington post (and truth be told, if you can't trust the huff who can you trust ) from 2017. Apparently Pratt grew up as a Lutheran (ouch! ) in Hawaii so his talk of grace stems from this upbringing.
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...247275bf74/amp

    5. #24
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      15,721
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      198,875
      CH Challenge
      83
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (143,640 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      191,662
      Level
      91
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      76.14%
      Rep Power
      800
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      So I took MC up on his suggestion and Googled Chris Pratt. I found this article from the Huffington post (and truth be told, if you can't trust the huff who can you trust ) from 2017. Apparently Pratt grew up as a Lutheran (ouch! ) in Hawaii so his talk of grace stems from this upbringing.
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...247275bf74/amp
      Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    6. #25
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      15,932
      CH Cash
      19,445
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      43,219
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.12%
      Rep Power
      673
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.
      Maybe it means he is a Christian and he is free.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    7. #26
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,805
      CH Cash
      16,044
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      15,821
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Rep Power
      413
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.
      Perhaps non-denominational?

    8. #27
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      34
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,964
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,814
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,737
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      48.7%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.
      He must call himself that because he is free from his parents arguing all the time

    9. #28
      Pedrito's Avatar
      Pedrito is offline Clarifier
      Married
      Hyding from Jekyll
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Posts
      752
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      4,574
      CH Challenge
      54
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      3,988
      Level
      20
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.71%
      Rep Power
      109
      ================================================== ============================================

      MennoSota (Post #11):
      Also...what's with the hundreds of equal signs?
      I trust that I am not being accused of breaching any CH posting rule. Therefore the reaction to my posting style must be somehow personal.

      So I must ask:

      Is it the dividing of my Posts into focused sections to make it easy for Readers, and delimiting them for clarity, that triggers what appears to be a degree of disquietude in that Poster?

      Or could it be that my use of the “=” symbol causes distress? I am open to the possibility of employing a different symbol if that is the case.

      Maybe it is simply my latest choice of colour that is the problem. But I quite like it, really.

      ================================================== ============================================

      What sensible person wouldn’t be bemused by that Poster’s comment?


      ================================================== ============================================
      Seeking to understand with precision, God's holy and coherent revelation to us.

    10. #29
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,805
      CH Cash
      16,044
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      15,821
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Rep Power
      413
      Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito View Post
      ================================================== ============================================

      MennoSota (Post #11):


      I trust that I am not being accused of breaching any CH posting rule. Therefore the reaction to my posting style must be somehow personal.

      So I must ask:

      Is it the dividing of my Posts into focused sections to make it easy for Readers, and delimiting them for clarity, that triggers what appears to be a degree of disquietude in that Poster?

      Or could it be that my use of the “=” symbol causes distress? I am open to the possibility of employing a different symbol if that is the case.

      Maybe it is simply my latest choice of colour that is the problem. But I quite like it, really.

      ================================================== ============================================

      What sensible person wouldn’t be bemused by that Poster’s comment?


      ================================================== ============================================
      It's me having fun and not being serious. I just enjoy the many quirks of posters here at the CH.

    11. #30
      ImaginaryDay2's Avatar
      ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      50
      O Lord, You keep safe both man
      and animal.
       
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      2,829
      Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      218,320
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      17,438
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      62.57%
      Rep Power
      482
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      It's me having fun and not being serious.
      I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide...
      But I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride..
      - Dream Theater

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •