Chris Pratt - MTV Award speech: Courageous?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
[
I used to look up celebrity religious beliefs. I assumed weird al was an atheist but no he's Christian... Jack Black however is an atheist Jew and the majority of celebrities have turned up as atheistic Jews...
Atheistic Jews... who would have thunk
There are many secular (atheist) Jews who merely trace family history and have no faith (not all Israel is Israel). I have a cousin who calls herself a secular Christian, meaning she acknowledges her Mennonite heritage and the virtues of Jesus as a man, but denies God exists.
Alice Cooper is a Christian. He has shared his faith at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. He just says his makeup is part of the fake persona of his entertainment.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
[ There are many secular (atheist) Jews who merely trace family history and have no faith (not all Israel is Israel). I have a cousin who calls herself a secular Christian, meaning she acknowledges her Mennonite heritage and the virtues of Jesus as a man, but denies God exists.
Alice Cooper is a Christian. He has shared his faith at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. He just says his makeup is part of the fake persona of his entertainment.
I love to hear testimony from anyone, not into 'shock rock' artist but I have seen Coopers testimony on youtube as well as others' in that industry and it always humbles my heart in Christ.
There was a mutual Christian friend that added me to fb who will ask for prayer request and never swear or curse in that post but in the next she cusses up a storm for laughs and giggles [emoji15]
She even tells those to f off when a Christian confronts her about her cussing and how all profanity spoken will be charged at judgment day... I notice this mentioned tons of times in the bible.
Anyway I just unfollow her and I should just type in James 3:10... I might just message her that lol
Anyway sorry, back on topic (sorta)...
I see what you're are saying about not all Israel is Israel, just like not all who cry out "Jesus Jesus" will be known to him or have any part with him.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So I took MC up on his suggestion and Googled Chris Pratt. I found this article from the Huffington post (and truth be told, if you can't trust the huff who can you trust [emoji6]) from 2017. Apparently Pratt grew up as a Lutheran (ouch! [emoji28]) in Hawaii so his talk of grace stems from this upbringing.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_599192e0e4b08a247275bf74/amp

Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Lutheran mother and Catholic father. Now he labels himself as a "free Christian" whatever that means.

Maybe it means he is a Christian and he is free.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps non-denominational?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
He must call himself that because he is free from his parents arguing all the time
[emoji14]

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

MennoSota (Post #11):
Also...what's with the hundreds of equal signs?

I trust that I am not being accused of breaching any CH posting rule. Therefore the reaction to my posting style must be somehow personal.

So I must ask:

Is it the dividing of my Posts into focused sections to make it easy for Readers, and delimiting them for clarity, that triggers what appears to be a degree of disquietude in that Poster?

Or could it be that my use of the “=” symbol causes distress? I am open to the possibility of employing a different symbol if that is the case.

Maybe it is simply my latest choice of colour that is the problem. But I quite like it, really.

==============================================================================================

What sensible person wouldn’t be bemused by that Poster’s comment?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

MennoSota (Post #11):

I trust that I am not being accused of breaching any CH posting rule. Therefore the reaction to my posting style must be somehow personal.

So I must ask:

Is it the dividing of my Posts into focused sections to make it easy for Readers, and delimiting them for clarity, that triggers what appears to be a degree of disquietude in that Poster?

Or could it be that my use of the “=” symbol causes distress? I am open to the possibility of employing a different symbol if that is the case.

Maybe it is simply my latest choice of colour that is the problem. But I quite like it, really.

What sensible person wouldn’t be bemused by that Poster’s comment?

It's me having fun and not being serious. I just enjoy the many quirks of posters here at the CH.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
====================================================================================
[emoji33]
✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞
[emoji33]

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
[emoji33]
I gotta find me some of those. I feel like I'm at Arlington...

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well, looks like this topic is exhausted.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞
May it rest in peace
✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

:bishop1:

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I love how in-your-face his acceptance speech was right there in the den of lions...

Most were perhaps too shocked to boo...

Some were stand up and shout supportive...

They are a jaded batch, that audience...

I like the command:
"Be very careful in your Christian walk...
Because...
You may be the only Gospel...
That some will ever read..."

Arsenios

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MennoSota (Post #29):
It's me having fun and not being serious. I just enjoy the many quirks of posters here at the CH

I thought that might be so.

But it gave me an excuse to exercise my twisted humour and keep the mental cobwebs at bay.

(By the way, “cob” is an old English word meaning “spider”. Hence “cobweb”. The word is no longer in common usage. But I have read that “cob” was used by J.R.R. Tolkien in "The Hobbit". Maybe to give the impression of ancient times.)

DHoffman in Post #32:
✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Interesting idea.

As long as my using what to some people is a holy symbol, doesn’t make anyone cross.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

MennoSota (Post #29):

I thought that might be so.

But it gave me an excuse to exercise my twisted humour and keep the mental cobwebs at bay.

(By the way, “cob” is an old English word meaning “spider”. Hence “cobweb”. The word is no longer in common usage. But I have read that “cob” was used by J.R.R. Tolkien in "The Hobbit". Maybe to give the impression of ancient times.)

DHoffman in Post #32:

Interesting idea.

As long as my using what to some people is a holy symbol, doesn’t make anyone cross.

Since we're on side notes:
If you go to Wheaton College, just west of Chicago, you can see the desk that Tolkien used to write the Hobbit and the desk that CS Lewis used to write the Chronicles of Narnia.
Apparently there was a professor at Wheaton who was part of the writing group with Lewis and Tolkien so the College ended up getting both the desks. They have a nice little building dedicated to Lewis.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Here are the two desks. The desk with the chair is CS Lewis' desk. The other is Tollkien's.
I confess...I touched the wood in hopes of improving my writing skillls. It didn't help...
76da56ff7e0ed05eff9e30fe48492ab8.jpg
52d73884092f31bab932bef6f4672f55.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The top desk is more my style and the bottom would be my sister's. :D I would have touched them too! LOL

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I'd destroy my knees on both of those desks (too low), but I'll take Lewis's chair :)

Top Bottom