• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Chris Pratt - MTV Award speech: Courageous?

Pedrito is offline Clarifier
      Married
      Hyding from Jekyll

Mood:
      ----

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.71%
      ================================================== ============================================

MennoSota (Post #38):
      I confess...I touched the wood in hopes of improving my writing skillls.
      Lämmchen (Post #39):
      I would have touched them too!
      I wooden have. I’m prone to splinters.

================================================== ============================================
      Seeking to understand with precision, God's holy and coherent revelation to us.

2. Likes Lämmchen, MennoSota liked this post
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito View Post

MennoSota (Post #38):

Lämmchen (Post #39):

I wooden have. I’m prone to splinters.

This is why you always carry a set of zircon encrusted tweezers... (reference to Frank Zappa and his song entitled: Montana)

4. Likes ImaginaryDay2 liked this post
      ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      O Lord, You keep safe both man
      and animal.

Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      62.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      This is why you always carry a set of zircon encrusted tweezers... (reference to Frank Zappa and his song entitled: Montana)
      You listen to Zappa???
      I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide...
      But I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride..
      - Dream Theater

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      You listen to Zappa???
      Grace???

Zappa was a jazz fusion genius. A person does not have to agree with all the lyrics of a poem to appreciate the artist.
      You might be shocked to know what other artists I enjoy. I consider the Paranoid album by Black Sabbath to be an epic anti-cold war/Vietnam war album. Warren Zevon's "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" is a wonderful observation of the human condition.
      I could go on...but yes...I listen to Zappa.

ImaginaryDay2 is offline Expert Member
      Supporting Member
      O Lord, You keep safe both man
      and animal.

Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      62.57%
      Zappa was so amazing. There was a video I'd seen of him jamming with John Lennon and Yoko Ono that just blew me away. I have to say that's the only time I ever understood Yoko Ono's "art". It ended with John Lennon eliciting this wall of feedback from the amps for minutes on end. Amazing

And I'm sure I need much more grace for some of the things I listen to
      Last edited by ImaginaryDay2; 07-01-2018 at 06:30 PM.
      I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide...
      But I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride..
      - Dream Theater

Married
      Hyding from Jekyll

Mood:
      ----

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.71%

MennoSota (Post #42):
      Only ordinary tweezers, I’m afraid. And they’re looking a bit worse for wear. I can’t afford the zircon encrusted ones. Not even the cheaper honey zircon or the red zircon. I just have to make do.

I notice that the Dental Floss Growers Association of Montana only has a minuscule number of likes on Facebook, so I guess the dental floss growing industry didn’t take off there. It must have been the non-conducive climate. I’ve heard that dental floss grows best in the plains states. I’m not sure which state is best.

But I do know which American state produces the most dentures.

Married
      Hyding from Jekyll

Mood:
      ----

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.71%

Me (Post #46):
      But I do know which American state produces the most dentures.
      Massa-chew-sets!

(While not claiming to be the only person to ever have thought of that, it is an original thought.

It is one of a number of questions I dreamed up as part of a ‘cryptic questions’ segment for a young people’s evening (15-25) at the fellowship to which I belonged at the time.

I had never seen or heard it before, and I have never seen or heard it since.

But I did crack that joke a few years ago in an international Skype Bible study I was taking part in, as it related to something someone else said about a state in the USA.)

10. Likes MoreCoffee liked this post
      Married
      Hyding from Jekyll

Mood:
      ----

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.71%

MennoSota (Post #11):
      What's your point?
      That was in response to my pointing out that Chris Pratt’s reported statement that God made people imperfect (You are imperfect. You always will be. But, there is a powerful force that designed you that way.) was totally unscriptural. (Genesis 1:27)

What was my point?

Simply that Christianity as it now exists, reveals itself in a number of ways to be nothing more than a human-based religion that competes with other human-based religions for credibility and adherents.

In this case, we have an example of the straws at which the Christian Religion will clutch, both in its own defence, and in its expansionist activities – straws which are welcomed and employed with gusto by that religion, even when those straws actually demean God.

And amazingly enough, those organisations and individuals within that religion that propose that the “saved” have been irrevocably preselected, no matter what, are among the main proponents of the expansion of that religion, no matter what.

(In this case, the fact that a celebrity has come out in support of that Religion has been lauded, even though his actual words demean the Wonderful God of Creation and Salvation.)

That was my point.

I suggest that it might be a wise move, were priorities to be reexamined, and brought into line with those of the Apostles.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      14.58%
      Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito View Post

MennoSota (Post #11):

That was in response to my pointing out that Chris Pratt’s reported statement that God made people imperfect (You are imperfect. You always will be. But, there is a powerful force that designed you that way.) was totally unscriptural. (Genesis 1:27)

What was my point?

Simply that Christianity as it now exists, reveals itself in a number of ways to be nothing more than a human-based religion that competes with other human-based religions for credibility and adherents.

In this case, we have an example of the straws at which the Christian Religion will clutch, both in its own defence, and in its expansionist activities – straws which are welcomed and employed with gusto by that religion, even when those straws actually demean God.

And amazingly enough, those organisations and individuals within that religion that propose that the “saved” have been irrevocably preselected, no matter what, are among the main proponents of the expansion of that religion, no matter what.

(In this case, the fact that a celebrity has come out in support of that Religion has been lauded, even though his actual words demean the Wonderful God of Creation and Salvation.)

That was my point.

I suggest that it might be a wise move, were priorities to be reexamined, and brought into line with those of the Apostles.

So...you're not a Christian?

JPPT1974 is offline Apprentice Member
      Single
      Mood:
      Hungry

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      58.1%
      Well the speech was daring. And really he stole the show. In the Youtube videos I see since I quit watching MTV and have not watched the network except on very, very rare occasions and that has been ages. And really in the Wikipedia thing it says he is a non-denominational Christian.
      Ready for October Skies!