Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
1 Peter 2:21-24 says
1 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22 who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth; 23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. 25 For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

I was listening to a pastor talk about these verses yesterday online and he said that some people act as though they want more of God, but really God wants us to surrender more of ourselves. He went on to quote Luke 9:23-25
23 And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. 24 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. 25 For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?

That this is the example that Jesus gave us who came to earth not to do His own will, but the Father's will. YOu can actually count the times the word "send" or "sent" is used and easily count over 21 times in the Gospel of John. Jesus saw himself as being on mission and then he sends his disciples on a similiar mission of being sent by Him

Top Bottom