Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
No one has said they take delight that children are separated. They've just pointed out the facts and that the government isn't the only one to blame. There are two sides to every story. Feel for both sides, just don't have empathy for only one.

When Jeff Sessions announced the child separation policy he sounded fairly firm about it, not pleased but not sorry either, he just said that if you are a parent with accompanying children entering the USA "illegally" then your children may (will) be taken away from you. It was supposed to be a deterrent but it didn't work and all it did was separate children from their parents causing harm and sadness and no plan was made to brng them back together. It was all rushed and left children as victims. Now fixing the separations is difficult because no planning was undertaken for bring them back together. It was cruel and is still cruel.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When Jeff Sessions announced the child separation policy he sounded fairly firm about it, not pleased but not sorry either, he just said that if you are a parent with accompanying children entering the USA "illegally" then your children may (will) be taken away from you. It was supposed to be a deterrent but it didn't work and all it did was separate children from their parents causing harm and sadness and no plan was made to brng them back together. It was all rushed and left children as victims. Now fixing the separations is difficult because no planning was undertaken for bring them back together. It was cruel and is still cruel.

Most rational people would think, "Maybe I shouldn't illegally enter a country if they're going to take away my children."

People who commit a crime sometimes don't stop at one crime. Maybe there is a site that lists percentages of these illegals and the other crimes they commit once they're in the country. I know that there are a LOT of illegals who get returned to their country and they come back again. There are other countries in the world and they have strict immigration laws too. Why is the US the dream country for them? We have our share of poor and homeless :( We need to care for them but now money is allotted elsewhere and so our very own children in this country have to suffer.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Most rational people would think, "Maybe I shouldn't illegally enter a country if they're going to take away my children."
Many (probably most) people who can afford to be rational about a safe place to live already live in a safe country and are not transiting through another country that's unsafe. It's very easy for people in comfy home in a relatively rich country to write about what rational people ought to be thinking and doing. But living in a failed state or a gang rules area of a weak country or in a country in civil war is not a place to be a comfy armchair critic of what other people are doing.

And the victims are the children and their parents. The children committed no crime - in many cases they are infants and toddlers completely incapable of crime under the law.

People who commit a crime sometimes don't stop at one crime. Maybe there is a site that lists percentages of these illegals and the other crimes they commit once they're in the country. I know that there are a LOT of illegals who get returned to their country and they come back again. There are other countries in the world and they have strict immigration laws too. Why is the US the dream country for them? We have our share of poor and homeless :( We need to care for them but now money is allotted elsewhere and so our very own children in this country have to suffer.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Many (probably most) people who can afford to be rational about a safe place to live already live in a safe country and are not transiting through another country that's unsafe. It's very easy for people in comfy home in a relatively rich country to write about what rational people ought to be thinking and doing. But living in a failed state or a gang rules area of a weak country or in a country in civil war is not a place to be a comfy armchair critic of what other people are doing.

And the victims are the children and their parents. The children committed no crime - in many cases they are infants and toddlers completely incapable of crime under the law.

Let's send half the world to YOUR country then. You come from two of the least populated but wealthiest nations on earth. Why are they not taking the lead, given the sob story you spun out here?

Of course, we know that nothing else is supposed to matter. Just that if people say they are suffering--or say nothing at all because they sneak in--another country is supposed to slight its own people, the ones who paid for all the available services, so that the benefits could be given to other people who did nothing at all to qualify for them.

In fact, we know the answer. Those countries talk big when they want somebody else to do the job for them and get them off the hook for not following through with their lofty language.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Well we aren't starving their children...but they're forcing us to neglect ours because of their demands. Do you know how many people are homeless here in the states and children who have no bed to sleep in? There are kids who go to schools and only get lunch as their meal of the day because mom and dad can't make ends meet and government assistance is so strict that it's hard to qualify. So we have to turn away our own? :( It's horrible what we do to our own children! We can't afford to help them but because of the cries of "empathy" we have to turn a blind eye to our own downfalls.

There are many other countries the refugees can decide to invade. Even some closer than the distance they traveled to get to us.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well we aren't starving their children

Hopefully you are not directly involved in anything to do with the separation of children from their parents, especially infants and toddlers, aside from appearing to defend the practise.

...but they're forcing us to neglect ours because of their demands. Do you know how many people are homeless here in the states and children who have no bed to sleep in? There are kids who go to schools and only get lunch as their meal of the day because mom and dad can't make ends meet and government assistance is so strict that it's hard to qualify. So we have to turn away our own? :( It's horrible what we do to our own children! We can't afford to help them but because of the cries of "empathy" we have to turn a blind eye to our own downfalls.

There are many other countries the refugees can decide to invade. Even some closer than the distance they traveled to get to us.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Why would I be?

You wrote Well we aren't starving their children which in common English implies your involvement at some level either direct or indirect. Hence my reply which said Hopefully you are not directly involved in anything to do with the separation of children from their parents, especially infants and toddlers, aside from appearing to defend the practise.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You wrote Well we aren't starving their children which in common English implies your involvement at some level either direct or indirect. Hence my reply which said Hopefully you are not directly involved in anything to do with the separation of children from their parents, especially infants and toddlers, aside from appearing to defend the practise.

I live in this country...so that is why the "we". Maybe you didn't understand I'm American? I've never starved a child and I don't personally separate children from their parents. Does that satisfy your curiosity?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I live in this country...so that is why the "we". Maybe you didn't understand I'm American? I've never starved a child and I don't personally separate children from their parents. Does that satisfy your curiosity?

Some people simply specialize in online anti-Americanism, Lamm. I agree that the coyness which often accompanies it is especially irritating, though.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

You shouldn't be made out as if you were a criminal when you aren't and the ones who have committed an illegal activity are held in higher esteem as if it is okay for them to do something illegal. What other laws are they allowed to break all in the name of escaping persecution from their countries, would it be okay for them to steal to feed their starving children? Suffer the little children to come to me? Would Jesus' words be twisted to approve more crime?

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
You shouldn't be made out as if you were a criminal when you aren't and the ones who have committed an illegal activity are held in higher esteem as if it is okay for them to do something illegal. What other laws are they allowed to break all in the name of escaping persecution from their countries, would it be okay for them to steal to feed their starving children? Suffer the little children to come to me? Would Jesus' words be twisted to approve more crime?

A simple little law that would receive their application and send them back into Mexico would take care of it...
Applying for assylum cannot be a "right of entry" into the US...
Nor bringing your child...

I have seen shoplifting pregnant mothers using their pregnancy and their children to avoid arrest here in the states... And with huge attitudes about "How dare you..." trying to enforce their demands as they started fighting when 7-9 months pregnant... And "Don't you EVEN touch my child!" When they find out it doesn't matter, and they are going to be cited and released no matter what they protest, they give it up... We can do this with citizens, because we know who they are... We cannot do so with foreigners at the borders showing up using their children as tickets into the country... Who once released are utterly unaccountable... The children are placed into relatives' homes, and failing that into Foster Families... These are all tracked, and doing a better job would be a good thing... Indeed, we should have a better - eg larger - policy of migrant workers coming here...

Some migrant workers who went from Egypt to Lybia for work were publically beheaded on the sands of the beach on the ocean there by radical jihadis... We do not do that, and we have compassion for those who try to enter, who were encouraged by the previous administration to come... It is a worthwhile issue... It is not going to be solved by hardening the political rhetoric on the left... Or on the right for that matter...

The whole matter is simply being used as an open borders tool to overwhelm the integrity of our borders...
As such, it is a back-door propaganda ploy to avoid openly discussing the issue of open borders...
I think we have charities in the countries from which these folks originated...
As a country, we simply cannot open our border and let all comers come and stay...

As a person, one can invite a visitor to come and stay awhile...

And one can support a family in their own country...

The assault on our borders is a tribute to the value of our free institutions and the rule of Law and not the rule of men in this ongoing experiment in freedom and self-rule known as the United States of America... We are shifting into a secular state as the number of Christians declines - Will we be able to keep the Faith given once for all to the Saints in a country where governing forces are becoming ever more exceedingly secular...

But the Liberty Bell did crack...

It was only the Roman Empire that became Christian when it moved to Constantinople that lasted a thousand years...

How long can any secular-only government last?

Arsenios

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, may God be merciful. And may God break through your chains that bind you.
deleted

UNSUBSCRIBE ME _ membership & notifications

The bias of Management disgusts me
and I WILL NOT walk in your-ways
NOR, will I accept your assertion to being a LEGAL resident of the Americas

You, are entitled to your opinion _ as am I

NOW 'DELETE' ME

You, have no-understanding of the word "JUSTIFICATION"

May the Lord have mercy on us
:amen:

davedajobauk

Tuesday
July 03 2018
msg: - 15.23 hrs BST (British Summer Time)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Some "Americans" do separate parents from their children and some "Americans" do keep the separated children in detention away from their parents. If "we" means "Americans" then some of them do what you say you do not do, right?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Some "Americans" do separate parents from their children and some "Americans" do keep the separated children in detention away from their parents. If "we" means "Americans" then some of them do what you say you do not do, right?
I have a friend who is a social worker in Hennepin County (city of Minneapolis). She routinely has to have children removed from their homes and placed in foster care facilities due to various parental problems like drug addiction, violence in the home, molestation, criminal activity, etc. Would you rather she left the children to suffer at the hands of unfit persons in the home, MC?

Top Bottom