(No Debate) what are appropriate ways to evangelize?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What are appropriate ways to do evangelism? What ways does your church proclaim the gospel?

Some examples might be:
Giving out religious tracts
revivals or special events at the church
outreach activities or events for the community
or other ways?
personal witnessing or sharing your personal testimony about what God has done for you.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
For me one on one through my interactions with some community outreach. I am the coordinator for a program called Bountiful Blessings where we give out non food items such as shampoo, toilet paper, a cleaner, shampoo, etc. I interact with many and at times can talk to an individual and pray with them also run a bibnle study at this program so opportunities are there. Also volunteer at the food bank where our church serves coffee and cookies and such every week and again at times I will have the opportunity to talk to someone going through a rough patch and be able to share my experience with God with them. There are other things that the church does as well like opening the church for prayer once a week for a couple hours and we usually have one or two come in and we can share.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Building relationships will work as you live your life. I still regret the day when a friend at work asked me what Good Friday was and I thought he was joking so I just laughed it off. I missed my opportunity :( But he knew I was a Christian and we did talk about some things later on, it's just I'll never forget that moment I was given and I completely failed my duty.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
For me one on one through my interactions with some community outreach. I am the coordinator for a program called Bountiful Blessings where we give out non food items such as shampoo, toilet paper, a cleaner, shampoo, etc. I interact with many and at times can talk to an individual and pray with them also run a bibnle study at this program so opportunities are there. Also volunteer at the food bank where our church serves coffee and cookies and such every week and again at times I will have the opportunity to talk to someone going through a rough patch and be able to share my experience with God with them. There are other things that the church does as well like opening the church for prayer once a week for a couple hours and we usually have one or two come in and we can share.

That's great when a church has a effective ministry in the community.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The disciples went out door to door and somehow today that is taboo and neighborhoods have signs posted on their doors stating to not knock on the door to share about Jesus. When did our nation become unfriendly?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The disciples went out door to door and somehow today that is taboo and neighborhoods have signs posted on their doors stating to not knock on the door to share about Jesus. When did our nation become unfriendly?
It has been thta way for awhile

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

i think part of that is the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons have done so much door to door evangelism that it has made people jaded about someone coming to their door. It is also the least effective means of doing evangelism

Top Bottom