Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
To be honest, I don’t like it one bit, and not only for the reason of the countless versions of it that people make that is their own.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To be honest, I don’t like it one bit, and not only for the reason of the countless versions of it that people make that is their own.

You probably don't like it because people will say they're saved because they said the prayer instead of giving any reference to Christ the Savior.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Please share your reasons...
4065eef4117fd8cc68921a41f58ac972.jpg

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

If it is done while at the same time there being repentance and acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior then I don't have a problem with it. People treat it though like it is some sort of secret mantra

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You probably don't like it because people will say they're saved because they said the prayer instead of giving any reference to Christ the Savior.

That, and they put so much emphasis on having to say a prayer in public so everyone sees and hears you. It’s also like how they say Baptism is nothing more than a profession, it seems like a show of look what I did.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That, and they put so much emphasis on having to say a prayer in public so everyone sees and hears you. It’s also like how they say Baptism is nothing more than a profession, it seems like a show of look what I did.

Well, that is another thing because they also believe the verse to be prescriptive (if you confess your sins He will forgive you) as if the confession gives cause for the forgiveness when it's actually Jesus' death that brings the forgiveness. The confession is a showing that you already have faith. Just like any prayer to the one true God shows that faith exists, it doesn't bring about faith.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Romans 10:9-10 is why it is done.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

Why don’t we simply use the form of the “sinner’s prayer” that was used by the Apostolic Church?

Or would that be too radical?

==============================================================================================

(Was it Paul or Peter or James or John or Jude or the writer to the Hebrews (if not Paul) who revealed it?

Oops?).

Top Bottom