Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I sometimes look at Who's Online and I can see the spiders as they crawl our site and which threads they're looking at. Today a thread came up about Christians who have caused pain to another Christian.

We have a lot of hurt Christians...hurt because of insults, hurt because of actions taken, and hurt because of being ignored by other Christians.

What do we say to those who have been hurt by other Christians almost to the point of wanting to leave the faith because of it?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I sometimes look at Who's Online and I can see the spiders as they crawl our site and which threads they're looking at. Today a thread came up about Christians who have caused pain to another Christian.

We have a lot of hurt Christians...hurt because of insults, hurt because of actions taken, and hurt because of being ignored by other Christians.

What do we say to those who have been hurt by other Christians almost to the point of wanting to leave the faith because of it?
Christians don't bother me at all, tho I find many of them hypocrites I just pat em on the shoulder and say "God bless you" and walk away.
I did have brother in church that approached me saying "brother I felt a dark presence in you is there anything we can pray over you?" I told him "im just getting over the flue and im a bit medicated but no there is nothing other than that going on"... It made me upset because they always assume you are losing your faith if you aren't up dancing around and singing... when I felt better I didnt feel like running much because they expect some kind of circus act from me lol maybe I'll hand stand walk over the tops of the pews followed by a double back flip.
Insults from Christians such as "die in your sins" almost makes we want to reach through the screen and poke em the eye [emoji41]

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I have actually felt like that often. I think you have to realize that people go to church for all sorts of reasons. And not everyone who claims to be a believer is. Some people go to church because it is the only place they feel important. Others go for social reasons. As in a lot of areas of life there are a few rotten apples in each bunch

Sent from my H710VL using Tapatalk

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is hard not to feel hurt at times, the trick is to keep your cool and realize they are imperfect just as I am and try not to be to hurt. Easier said than done but if we are to follow Christ then we will experience hurt

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Simul justus et peccator is my answer. We can't use it as an excuse but its still a reality that we combat daily. The whole point to Christianity is that we are broken. And just as we can't use that as an excuse for our own poor behaviors its also not an excuse to stop mingling with other Christians for the very same reason.

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

The BEST TEACHERS' ~teach, 'BY EXAMPLE'

as did, the Lord Jesus
just you look at what He allowed them, to do to Him

"Forgive-them, for they know-not what, they do"

Last edited:

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Christians can be like that movie Mean Girls where they say sweet things to your face and behind your back gossip about you and when it gets back to you it hurts and they aren't even sorry about their crime. A simple shaking off the dust can work a load of magic on the psyche for peace of mind.

JSales

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Christians can be without a doubt horrible people and then they say insults all in the name of Jeezus as if that were okay to do. I'm like, bro, nooo.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Christians can be without a doubt horrible people and then they say insults all in the name of Jeezus as if that were okay to do. I'm like, bro, nooo.

We have had members here who think it's okay to flame because they're doing the work of God (according to them). It's a shame.

Top Bottom