Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't think there is any reason to doubt it. A policy against gangsta-type chains might have been instituted for some reason in the past, although this seems like a policy that would be on shaky legal grounds, but this person could just have fallen afoul of it. But neither do I think we have to protest everything that comes along! Just tucking the cross in for a half-hour and vowing (to oneself) not to return to the place again would have been adequate, I think.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think there is any reason to doubt it. A policy against gangsta-type chains might have been instituted for some reason in the past, although this seems like a policy that would be on shaky legal grounds, but this person could just have fallen afoul of it. But neither do I think we have to protest everything that comes along! Just tucking the cross in for a half-hour and vowing (to oneself) not to return to the place again would have been adequate, I think.

One of the stories said it was a posted policy. Presumably at the gangsta chain, but somebody figured this one matched.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I totally forgot about gangsta-type chains! :huh: I live in the country near the Amish so that's not common here. It makes sense to have dress code policies though.

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do ? or tell us "

'Rome'[sic] was not my destination and is not

Sorry! I would have departed
~not a word, would I have uttered in-response, 'nada'

"Get away from me Satan, I abjure you in Jesus' Holy Name"

You quickly learn, where, the SAFE HOUSES are located

:pray:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He should follow the rules and leave

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He should follow the rules and leave

You're right. As Christians we shouldn't force the issue with some things to the extent that we become an embarrassment and cause drama. Fighting over a necklace isn't the same as saying we aren't Christian if we put it under our shirt. It's not like the guy was being asked to step into the furnace like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You're right. As Christians we shouldn't force the issue with some things to the extent that we become an embarrassment and cause drama. Fighting over a necklace isn't the same as saying we aren't Christian if we put it under our shirt. It's not like the guy was being asked to step into the furnace like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

I feel like there is more to the story than what we are reading about. Maybe the guy was acting like a jerk and they wanted him to leave and were trying to find a reason to get rid of him. I don't know. But, it sounds strange to me

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I feel like there is more to the story than what we are reading about. Maybe the guy was acting like a jerk and they wanted him to leave and were trying to find a reason to get rid of him. I don't know. But, it sounds strange to me

I have a feeling you're right.

When I subbed I had a kid act up and I told him to stop. He said, "It's because I'm black isn't it?" I replied, "You're black?" (all the kids laughed) He didn't look it and it's not like I ever thought about it until that moment. But if a guy gets it into his head that someone is against him for a reason, it's hard for him to realize that he was the problem in the first place.

Top Bottom