Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To me the Holy Spirit is an indwelling presence and helps me make right decisions. It is a still small voice or many times the direction comes in the form of a feeling. By this I mean my peace, if it is stirred up and not peaceful then I need to examine my decision and rethink it.. There is so much more as the Holy Spirit is a topic that could have pages written about it and there are many books out there but I just wanted to share my experience with it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When you make wrong decisions do you reflect back and realize you felt a pull in the other direction prior to acting?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and I know that if I ignore that feeling then I am probably going to regret it later. When I get to busy or agitated it is easy to miss it and I have and from my experience that is always not good. On the other hand when I am obedient to that small voice it has always been good and I never regret a decision made in that manner.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
To me the Holy Spirit is an indwelling presence and helps me make right decisions. It is a still small voice or many times the direction comes in the form of a feeling. By this I mean my peace, if it is stirred up and not peaceful then I need to examine my decision and rethink it.. There is so much more as the Holy Spirit is a topic that could have pages written about it and there are many books out there but I just wanted to share my experience with it.

This makes sense since he is our teacher and he would not lead us down a path of wrong decisions so there will not be peace in that regard of making a wrong decision.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This makes sense since he is our teacher and he would not lead us down a path of wrong decisions so there will not be peace in that regard of making a wrong decision.
Yes, thank you, what has your experience with the Holy Spirit been?

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, thank you, what has your experience with the Holy Spirit been?

He teaches me by yelling in my ear some words from the bible to curb me when I am about to do wrong so that I am terrified to do it and on the other hand he leads me to the ones in need and shows me how he needs me to show them love by means of money, a hug, carrying bags of groceries or whatever I can do to help.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He teaches me by yelling in my ear some words from the bible to curb me when I am about to do wrong so that I am terrified to do it and on the other hand he leads me to the ones in need and shows me how he needs me to show them love by means of money, a hug, carrying bags of groceries or whatever I can do to help.
That is awesome! God is good

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Holy Spirit often reminds me of verses that I have read that are appropriate for the moment and helps guide me in that way. The role of the Holy Spirit is to exalt Jesus and He doesn't point to Himself, but to Jesus.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Amen brother, I find it very comforting just knowing that I am never on my own. I love having the Holy Spirit because I need that conviction in my heart, its great to know God!

Top Bottom