Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
We have a new forum! It is called Christian Discussion – No Debate. It is for Christians who abide by the Statement of Faith (accepts the Nicene Creed) and is a No Debate forum to discuss Christian topics. Other topics will be moved or trashed. Posts that debate/argue/belittle/flame will be trashed. Similar topics may be created in the Christian Theology forum but do not link to the new forum, quote posts from this new forum, address a member in reference to a post from this new forum or use the @Mention in those similar threads or the threads could be edited or removed per staff's prerogative. Do not promote your similar topic thread from the Christian Theology forum within any of the threads in the new forum. In other words, do not stir the pot!

Important! When you create a new thread in that forum, you MUST enter (No Debate) in the beginning of the Title so that members replying know that this is not posted in the Christian Theology forum. If you neglect to do this Staff will edit the title for you but please do not make it a habit.

Threads that do not deal with Christian topics for discussion will either be deleted or moved. Threads that encourage debate will either be deleted or moved. Do not start drama in this forum.

Instead of giving a definition of debate it is easier to show examples of what is and what is not acceptable:

Examples:
OP asks: How can a Christian be saved?
Acceptable Type of Response: Through grace and baptism
Acceptable Type of Response: By his free will accepting Jesus
NOT Acceptable Type of Response: Baptism won't save anyone! You're too indoctrinated. (This person has turned the topic into a debate and trying to correct someone's theology instead of addressing the topic.)

OP Question: At what age should children ask Jesus into their heart?
Acceptable Type of Response: I don't expect my child to do that because I believe that God gives faith by His word and not by asking Him into their heart for salvation. (Notice how a response can disagree without turning the topic into a debate?)
OP Replies: Well I feel differently than you and feel that I'm biblically correct.
NOT Acceptable Type of Response would be to argue with the OP about why his theology is not correct.

OP Question: How often do you speak in tongues?
Acceptable Type of Response: Never, because I don't believe the gift is for today. (This member has now said his beliefs and should not delve further into the discussion to prove that he's correct since it forces the OP into another direction and would be trying to correct someone's theology.)
NOT Acceptable Type of Response: Tongues is just gibberish and not a real language. (This member chooses to force the topic into a tangent and wants to correct the other member's theology.)

What is the purpose of the new forum and why no debate? Over the past 3 years we have heard from many members who desire to have such a forum so they can have discussions without fear of the topic being dominated by those who want to argue against their belief. The Christian Theology forum is for debate and will remain the same so have no fear that our site is completely changing because it is not.

This new forum will have a 3 month trial to see how it works. If it’s successful and remains active then we will keep it. If it does not get much use after 3 months have passed then it will be eliminated.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have read it and understood and would like to say thank you for a new option available to us.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Whaddya mean you don't want me to correct your theology with all my righteous wisdom cuz y'all know I'm right and your wrong. I jest! Don't ban me after you begged me to come back hehe. I will try my best not to let me attitude get the best of me. Maybe Snerfle will return to spread his love and joy now that he can do it without my biting him back?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Whaddya mean you don't want me to correct your theology with all my righteous wisdom cuz y'all know I'm right and your wrong. I jest! Don't ban me after you begged me to come back hehe. I will try my best not to let me attitude get the best of me. Maybe Snerfle will return to spread his love and joy now that he can do it without my biting him back?

Girrrl....smh

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Read and understand :)

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Read and understand it. Jesus is full of love and so shall we be.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Please remember that the description of the new forum states that it is to discuss the Christian faith. Any topics that do not deal with that will either be moved or trashed.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Praise God. At my age I have heard all the arguments I need to hear and, truth be told, getting in one's face with what they think is the truth is an unattractive quality in a Christian when it is done in endless repetition. When it occurs in person, I can use my cane to force them to back off but online my option is to cease coming around; this will bless your board, praise be to God.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Praise God. At my age I have heard all the arguments I need to hear and, truth be told, getting in one's face with what they think is the truth is an unattractive quality in a Christian when it is done in endless repetition. When it occurs in person, I can use my cane to force them to back off but online my option is to cease coming around; this will bless your board, praise be to God.

I agree with you

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It has been 3 months now since we experimented with a No Debate forum. The site owner and I have been monitoring the progress and activity throughout this time. We have concluded that due to lack of consistent activity that the forum is not something Christianity Haven needs at the moment. This does not mean that we won't bring it back if we see a need in the future years to come.

Thank you everyone for your patience during this trial period.

I have moved all the posts from the forum into one that is Read Only in a sub-forum of the Christian Theology forum. This way we can still read the discussions but not post.

Top Bottom