Children Screaming In Stores...

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever encountered children with a parent and the child is screaming his/her head off? How do you feel when the kid does that? What do you think would solve this problem?:disgonbegood:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I tend to cut the parents a lot of slack....

And I think TIME and good parenting will help.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I tend to cut the parents a lot of slack....

And I think TIME and good parenting will help.
Thank you for your post. Good post.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, I have seen it. If the kid isn't hurting himself or herself then the parent just needs to ignore it and move on. If you give in to a kid like that all you teach them is that they got what they wanted by yelling. Some kids are drama queens

Some kids that are autistic will do that also sometimes when they get overstimulated. In that case, the parent needs to remove the kid from the store as quickly as possible and go to a quiet place to calm down.

I had one kid like that when I did a service called intensive in home. She liked to throw things when she was at home. I suggested setting up a target in the backyard for her to throw at and let her throw as much as she wanted at it.
Of course, she was also had some features of autism. She had something called a sensory processing disorder where she was very sensitive to loud noises, so the bus and stores were a problem for her

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have seen it. If the kid isn't hurting himself or herself then the parent just needs to ignore it and move on. If you give in to a kid like that all you teach them is that they got what they wanted by yelling. Some kids are drama queens

Some kids that are autistic will do that also sometimes when they get overstimulated. In that case, the parent needs to remove the kid from the store as quickly as possible and go to a quiet place to calm down.

I had one kid like that when I did a service called intensive in home. She liked to throw things when she was at home. I suggested setting up a target in the backyard for her to throw at and let her throw as much as she wanted at it.
Of course, she was also had some features of autism. She had something called a sensory processing disorder where she was very sensitive to loud noises, so the bus and stores were a problem for her
Thank you. Good ideas.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever encountered children with a parent and the child is screaming his/her head off? How do you feel when the kid does that? What do you think would solve this problem?:disgonbegood:

A lot depends on the setting. If the parent is trying to get on with their shopping I try and ignore it. If the child is unruly to the point they are interfering with other shoppers I think the parent should take control, taking the child away if necessary.

I'd rather deal with a child in a store than in a restaurant. I really have no time at all for parents leaving children to scream in restaurants, ruining the evening for everybody else.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've heard children crying off in the distance in a store and not stopping. I was too far to know what the parents were doing about it though but it makes for a miserable shopping trip and if you're talking with someone they can't hear you over the noise of the kid. I don't step in or do anything about it except maybe hurry up my own shopping.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
A lot depends on the setting. If the parent is trying to get on with their shopping I try and ignore it. If the child is unruly to the point they are interfering with other shoppers I think the parent should take control, taking the child away if necessary.

I'd rather deal with a child in a store than in a restaurant. I really have no time at all for parents leaving children to scream in restaurants, ruining the evening for everybody else.
Uh huh. Thanks for your post.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I've heard children crying off in the distance in a store and not stopping. I was too far to know what the parents were doing about it though but it makes for a miserable shopping trip and if you're talking with someone they can't hear you over the noise of the kid. I don't step in or do anything about it except maybe hurry up my own shopping.
Sounds good to me!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Whatever works, used to be that children that misbehaved to that extent got their bottoms paddled and it seemed to work pretty well.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was happy my daughter wasn't a temper tantrum throwing child she was such a sweetheart. I found it hard to relate to other parents who had to deal with kids like that.

There's a video on Facebook that's hilarious about the differences between moms with sons and moms with daughters. Moms with daughters are all sweet and pleasant and moms with sons are drinking because of what they have to go through LOL

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Whatever works, used to be that children that misbehaved to that extent got their bottoms paddled and it seemed to work pretty well.

I agree but not now a days as its seen as "child abuse" :banghead:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

The FIRST genuine reply \o/

That is NOT to express disdain over the others BUT!

I have EIGHT living adult children BECAUSE
I 'passed-judgement'
I insisted upon 'NOT YOUR WAY but MY WAY'
and yes, a butt swipe WOULD UNDERLINE my instructions
and also curb wayward dissension and do that, at sub light speed

THINK-ON !!

Such behaviours, helped to make me who I am become

It did me no harm ~to learn to 'show respect' and to obey the leaders

Yes I have stormed upstairs to respond to screaming children, to discover
that one of the four lads, had built and set fire to a stack of lolly stiicks on the boys bedroom carpet "bonfire"

After, putting out the flames and cutting away the scorched carpet and what remained of it's backing
I tanned the bare hide of the child responsible, in front of the others
and then lectured them all
on the possibilities, of, what might have happened, had I been 'out of the house' when it happened
and asked them all, just "how I might feel
to come home, to find that have no-children, because a naughty little boy 'played' with matches"

PC has a great deal to answer-for
Yes, I get the child-protection angle > it followed after court cases of severe parental neglect and cruelty
But that, can hardly be referred-to as 'parenting'

dave

Last edited:
Top Bottom