Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
WASHINGTON — President Trump's lawyer said Sunday he's leaning against having Trump testify in the Russia case unless special counsel Robert Mueller produces more documents about the investigation.
Attorney Rudy Giuliani told ABC's This Week that he and fellow Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow "want to keep an open mind," but added that "I just want to be honest: we're leaning toward not."
Speaking on Sunday news shows the morning after the publication of a January memo from the president's lawyers, Giuliani also told ABC said the president "probably" has the power to pardon himself, but doesn't plan to because he's done nothing wrong.
"It could lead to impeachment," Giuliani told NBC's Meet The Press. "If he terminated an investigation of himself it could lead to all sets of consequences."

From USA Today article here
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...trump-testify-russia-probe-mueller/667273002/

It's interesting to me that Giuliani even talked about Trump pardoning himself.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
WASHINGTON — President Trump's lawyer said Sunday he's leaning against having Trump testify in the Russia case unless special counsel Robert Mueller produces more documents about the investigation.
Attorney Rudy Giuliani told ABC's This Week that he and fellow Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow "want to keep an open mind," but added that "I just want to be honest: we're leaning toward not."
Speaking on Sunday news shows the morning after the publication of a January memo from the president's lawyers, Giuliani also told ABC said the president "probably" has the power to pardon himself, but doesn't plan to because he's done nothing wrong.
"It could lead to impeachment," Giuliani told NBC's Meet The Press. "If he terminated an investigation of himself it could lead to all sets of consequences."

From USA Today article here
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...trump-testify-russia-probe-mueller/667273002/

It's interesting to me that Giuliani even talked about Trump pardoning himself.

I don't think he will even pardon Hillary, let alone himself!

Malicious prosecution is rampant on the left...

I have seen none on the right...

At least not official...

Arsenios

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

At least not official...

Arsenios

This is not a left vs right investigation. It is a search for truth and Mueller is a Republican so it's not a liberal or leftist agenda.
It is wrong vs right not left vs right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
This is not a left vs right investigation. It is a search for truth and Mueller is a Republican so it's not a liberal or leftist agenda.

I pray you are right...

But Russian Collusion on the Hillary side is being studiously ignored by Mueller's team...

And it is admitted in the FISA Warrants...

And in the slow walk of documents given to Congress...

When news hits the national spotlight it is really hard to discern truth...

But the "RUSSIAN" investigation by Mueller is NOT looking at Democratic Party operatives...
And is ONLY looking at Republican ones...

There is only one conclusion that can be drawn...
Mueller's team is biased...
And turning a blind eye toward real Russian Collusion...

Interesting times!

Arsenios

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

At least not official...

Arsenios

No, he wouldn't pardon her. Of course, at this point she hasn't been charged with anything.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Arsenios

What Russian collusion on Hillary's part are you talking about? Where is the evidence that such a thing exists or existed?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Theres no point in asking if Trump will pardon himself when this is the basis for the question--

"Giuliani also told ABC said the president "probably" has the power to pardon himself, but doesn't plan to because he's done nothing wrong"

That doesn't look like Giuliani is saying that Trump is considering whether to do it or not!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Yes, I agree!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There seems to be a debate online about whether or not the President COULD pardon himself. It seems the Constitution was set up so that the President could pardon others and that is what is meant by full pardon power. But the Constitution also states that a President could not pardon himself from impeachment or removal.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think that's right. The Democrats do not want merely to remove him from office but to imprison him as well. So the idea of a pardon apparently relates to that. Similar to Nixon-era developments.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think that's right. The Democrats do not want merely to remove him from office but to imprison him as well. So the idea of a pardon apparently relates to that. Similar to Nixon-era developments.
Nixon was pardoned by the next president not himself. It just doesnt look good if a president or former president sits in jail, in that sense they can get away with almost anything

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Arsenios

What Russian collusion on Hillary's part are you talking about?
Where is the evidence that such a thing exists or existed?

The "Russian Dossier" used in obtaining the FISA warrant to surveil the Trump Campaign and Presidency...

It was originated by a Trump opponent in the primary, then enhanced on Hillary's dime for opposition research during the Presidential campaign, then injected into the campaign by Comey's briefing the president on it followed by leaking, then used to surveil Trump...

Plus the transfer through Hillary's hands of American Uranium to Putin...

For starters...

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nixon was pardoned by the next president not himself.

Regardless, the Dems were incensed by it. Why so? Because they wanted Nixon not only to be removed from office (which had already been accomplished) but imprisoned as well.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Regardless, the Dems were incensed by it. Why so? Because they wanted Nixon not only to be removed from office (which had already been accomplished) but imprisoned as well.

No disagreeing politician is to ever go unpunished...

I am seriously persuaded that had Trump lost,
his fortune would be in Government hands
and he would be in jail under Hillary's regime...

They are a vicious lot...

"How DARE you...!!!"

But Trump dared...

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No disagreeing politician is to ever go unpunished...

I am seriously persuaded that had Trump lost,
his fortune would be in Government hands
and he would be in jail under Hillary's regime...

They are a vicious lot...

"How DARE you...!!!"

But Trump dared...

Arsenios

Could be. The more that comes to light, the wider and deeper the scheming is shown to have been. First, we knew that the Clinton campaign was involved in some skullduggery, then that the FBI broke the law and has become an arm of one of the political parties, then that they had sought out foreign agents in order to fabricate allegations against the Republican candidate for president so that the FISA court could be deceived into allowing snooping on the Trump campaign, then that it wasnt just electronic eavesdropping but the planting of an actual spy, and now we know that it all led right up to the former president personally. Whats next in this series of escalations?

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The "Russian Dossier" used in obtaining the FISA warrant to surveil the Trump Campaign and Presidency...

It was originated by a Trump opponent in the primary, then enhanced on Hillary's dime for opposition research during the Presidential campaign, then injected into the campaign by Comey's briefing the president on it followed by leaking, then used to surveil Trump...

Plus the transfer through Hillary's hands of American Uranium to Putin...

For starters...

Arsenios

The Russian Dossier was not the source of the investigation. The Dossier merely confirmed what Mueller already knew to be fact. So your argument that Hillary was involved is moot.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Cancel the Tapatalk advert please.

Last edited:

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
There seems to be a debate online about whether or not the President COULD pardon himself. It seems the Constitution was set up so that the President could pardon others and that is what is meant by full pardon power. But the Constitution also states that a President could not pardon himself from impeachment or removal.

This right here. Trump's successor might be able to pardon him, but Trump himself is still subject to the checks and balances provided by the Constitution. The Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of government are meant to mutually limit each others' power.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This right here. Trump's successor might be able to pardon him, but Trump himself is still subject to the checks and balances provided by the Constitution. The Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of government are meant to mutually limit each others' power.

I guess this is no longer news since the summit is happening now. The media is waiting for Trump to make a tiny mistake so they can jump on it and make it into a huge ordeal that it really isn't. The media is so drama driven.

Top Bottom