CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      **Sighs** I was triggered last night by some severely anti- American cant at the " Only in Canada" Facebook page only last night. Not every American is personally invested in the Trump family. Not every American citizen can impeach a sitting president at will. Not every American supports Trump's international policies. Canadian citizens do have a beautiful country that they could ( and should) invest their dollars in. Americans should follow their example by touring some of the beautiful sights that the United States has to offer. Now, it's time for my morning devotions. God bless you all ( American, Canadian, British, Australian, etc.) this beautiful day. The birds are chirping outside the back door right now..
      Indeed, under 50% of USA voters who voted in 2016 voted for Donald. So your Canadian Overlords will be merciful, I suspect, and spare the innocent

Here it is night time and I am cooking some lentils, chickpeas, vegetables, garlic, chilli, curry powder, and coconut milk in a large container to be dinner and lunch and probably a second dinner and lunch served with Basmati rice.

I liked Canada when I visited Toronto and Vancouver in 2000 and 2001. It was beautiful and the people very friendly and kind. And since I was living in the USA at that time the similarity in culture between Canadians and Australians was a very welcome thing. It is always nice to fee at home when one is overseas. I regularly watch Canadian news The National is the main program that I watch. And I also fairly regularly watch USA PBS News Hour. So I make an effort to keep informed about that part of the world. I also watch French and German news and occasional Qatar news. All very helpful when one wants some alternate views for the days happenings. I have the good fortune to be retired so I can view these things on my computer as YouTube videos and it is very convenient.

Long live the revolution!
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

2. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
      Tigger is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Piratey

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      78.95%
      Those Canadians sure do love warm climates. The last few times my wife and I were in LatoAmerica (Panama y Mexico) there were as many if not more Canadian than American tourists.

MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
      Those Canadians sure do love warm climates. The last few times my wife and I were in LatoAmerica (Panama y Mexico) there were as many if not more Canadian than American tourists.
      Yes indeed, they are heading south - assisted by the inexorable forces of gravity - to impose kindness and politeness on all who are in their path. So, beware, your country is in their path!

Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

5. Likes Confessional Lutheran, Tigger liked this post
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      10.29%
      **Sighs** I was triggered last night by some severely anti- American cant at the " Only in Canada" Facebook page only last night. Not every American is personally invested in the Trump family. Not every American citizen can impeach a sitting president at will. Not every American supports Trump's international policies. Canadian citizens do have a beautiful country that they could ( and should) invest their dollars in. Americans should follow their example by touring some of the beautiful sights that the United States has to offer. Now, it's time for my morning devotions. God bless you all ( American, Canadian, British, Australian, etc.) this beautiful day. The birds are chirping outside the back door right now..
      I'm with you, but we have to remember that there are people who post primarily in order to get under everyone else's skin, not because they have anything important to say.

Last edited by Albion; 06-21-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Confessional Lutheran is online now Prodigy Member
      Divorced
      John 15:5

Mood:
      Piratey

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.59%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      I'm with you, but we have to remember that there are people who post primarily in order to get under everyone else's skin, not because they have anything important to say.

That's true. I just unliked that particular page, anyway.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.56%
      Beware of gifts from folk who may have their own agenda that may not be anything like your own.

9. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
      Confessional Lutheran is online now Prodigy Member
      Divorced
      John 15:5

Mood:
      Piratey

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.59%
      Not that that meant anything. After talking to a couple of Canadians on a few of their threads, I reliked the page.

11. Likes MoreCoffee liked this post
      MennoSota is offline Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.99%
      There is a reason that 95% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US...

13. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      There is a reason that 95% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US...
      Fact Check! about 87.4% of Canadians live within 100 miles / 160 km of the border with the USA.

15. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
      Pray MennoSota prayed
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      10.29%
      Well, the reason for the disparity is that about 8% of them refuse to be counted, saying "You call this living???"

17. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post