How do you know he/she is a visitor at church?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Jsimm's thread about visiting a new church made me wonder about this. I go to a church where there are mostly older members and I'm still feeling new even though I've been there 4 years. I don't know who is a visitor and who is a long time member most times. What kind of things do you say when you just don't know if the person is a visitor? I'd feel humiliated if I asked someone if he/she was a visitor and then found out quite the opposite. Do you dare ask? What do you say?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
"Hi, I'm MennoSota, I don't know that I have seen you before. Have you been attending here quite often and I've just missed you?"

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Hi, I'm MennoSota, I don't know that I have seen you before. Have you been attending here quite often and I've just missed you?"

What if the old people all look alike and we've met a few times? LOL That's my fear!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
What if the old people all look alike and we've met a few times? LOL That's my fear!
"We've met before? I must have short term memory loss. It's nice to meet you for the first time, once again!" [emoji56]

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
As an usher I meet and great everyone that comes through the door, eye contact will assure you of a familiar face and we secretly point out to each other who is new or visiting :)
They usually sit in the back as well and hardly ever come alone, usually as someones guest.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As an usher I meet and great everyone that comes through the door, eye contact will assure you of a familiar face and we secretly point out to each other who is new or visiting :)
They usually sit in the back as well and hardly ever come alone, usually as someones guest.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I went alone when I first visited the church I'm at now :D

There was a lady near the door who saw me and immediately introduced herself and asked where I was from and wanted to know if I would sit with her. That was nice. She's still a good friend of mine at the church.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I know if someone is new instantly as I miss very few services so can recognize anyone new

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It would have been impossible to know in the church i have been attending most of this year. that may have been part of the issue. In the church this morning, I'm sure it was obvious to members

Top Bottom