• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 60 of 141

    Christian Theology - Thread: When is our name written in the book of life?

    1. #51
      davedajobauk is offline Apprentice Member
      Widow/Widower
      retired
       
      Mood:
      Embarrassed
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      seeking Heaven
      Posts
      207
      Country
      UK
      CH Cash
      2,562
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      484
      Level
      7
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      92.98%
      Rep Power
      6
      I am grateful for all those blank pages I have yet to cause to be written

      Isaiah 40:31
      Ecclesiastes 3

    2. #52
      davedajobauk is offline Apprentice Member
      Widow/Widower
      retired
       
      Mood:
      Embarrassed
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      seeking Heaven
      Posts
      207
      Country
      UK
      CH Cash
      2,562
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      484
      Level
      7
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      92.98%
      Rep Power
      6

      The Masoretes wrote nothing of the new testament.

      I NEVER SAID THEY DID_ Please be careful when reading my posts

      It would appear that you are attempting to discount everything that doesn't align with your thinking


      The Masoretic Texts, would have been accessed (perhaps) as 'reference material'
      [reason-for, my mentioning] as NT was still being compiled ^ ie: KJV _@ 1500's AD

      just saying

      dave
      Isaiah 40:31
      Ecclesiastes 3

    3. #53
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      863
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,653
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.4%
      Rep Power
      208
      Quote Originally Posted by davedajobauk View Post
      Choice we are given_ thus "Free Will" is implicitly given, even-when, it goes unsaid

      Matthew 25:33
      33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
      Except a sheep is never given the choice to be a sheep or a goat. A sheep is born a sheep and a goat is born a goat. It is based on genetics.

    4. #54
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      863
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,653
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.4%
      Rep Power
      208
      Quote Originally Posted by davedajobauk View Post
      Without Free Will, mankind could not CHOOSE, to follow Jesus or, take an alternative path
      According to scripture, mankind does not choose. God chooses.

      [John 6:70 NASB] 70 Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and [yet] one of you is a devil?"
      [John 15:16 NASB] 16 "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
      [James 2:5 NASB] 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world [to be] rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

      Perhaps that is because:

      [Romans 3:10-11 NASB] 10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; 11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
      [1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB] 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
      [1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB] 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
      [2 Corinthians 4:3-4 NASB] 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

    5. Likes RichWh1, MennoSota liked this post
    6. #55
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,050
      CH Cash
      19,942
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      43,337
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      11.71%
      Rep Power
      674
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      According to scripture, mankind does not choose. God chooses.

      [John 6:70 NASB] 70 Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and [yet] one of you is a devil?"
      [John 15:16 NASB] 16 "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
      [James 2:5 NASB] 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world [to be] rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

      Perhaps that is because:

      [Romans 3:10-11 NASB] 10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; 11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
      [1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB] 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
      [1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB] 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
      [2 Corinthians 4:3-4 NASB] 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
      Lovely verses but isn't the first one applicable to the 12 disciples at the time when Jesus was still on the earth?

      And isn't James 2:5 about a class of people rather than about individuals? "The poor of this world" looks like a group rather than individuals as would be the case if it was written as "did not God choose some among the poor of the world"

      Maybe God's choosing is not so much about individuals each being predestined to eternal life as it is about God choosing classes of people according to the statements in the holy scriptures like the one in James 2:5.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    7. Likes RichWh1 liked this post
    8. #56
      TangledWeb is offline Rookie Member
      51
      In Relationship
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Posts
      98
      CH Cash
      436
      CH Challenge
      29
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,493
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.53%
      Rep Power
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Lovely verses but isn't the first one applicable to the 12 disciples at the time when Jesus was still on the earth?

      And isn't James 2:5 about a class of people rather than about individuals? "The poor of this world" looks like a group rather than individuals as would be the case if it was written as "did not God choose some among the poor of the world"

      Maybe God's choosing is not so much about individuals each being predestined to eternal life as it is about God choosing classes of people according to the statements in the holy scriptures like the one in James 2:5.
      Would that not be then our names written in the book of life because of what we do instead of Him? That doesn't sound right.

    9. Likes atpollard, MennoSota liked this post
    10. #57
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Sad
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      863
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,653
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.4%
      Rep Power
      208
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Lovely verses but isn't the first one applicable to the 12 disciples at the time when Jesus was still on the earth?
      Yes. GOD chose the 12 disciples. Even when it appears that several decided to follow Jesus as their own choice, Jesus makes it clear that Jesus (God incarnate) chose them and not the other way around.

      And isn't James 2:5 about a class of people rather than about individuals? "The poor of this world" looks like a group rather than individuals as would be the case if it was written as "did not God choose some among the poor of the world"

      Maybe God's choosing is not so much about individuals each being predestined to eternal life as it is about God choosing classes of people according to the statements in the holy scriptures like the one in James 2:5.
      Umm ... what does it say God chose the poor for?
      “to be rich in faith” (you can look up what scripture says about faith if you want) ... and “heirs of the kingdom” (doesn’t that mean saved?).

      So why don’t you properly refute me by presenting all of the verses that say a man chose God rather than God chose a man.

    11. Likes MennoSota liked this post
    12. #58
      davedajobauk is offline Apprentice Member
      Widow/Widower
      retired
       
      Mood:
      Embarrassed
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      seeking Heaven
      Posts
      207
      Country
      UK
      CH Cash
      2,562
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      484
      Level
      7
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      92.98%
      Rep Power
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      It is based on genetics.

      and Whose PLAN is that ?

      case in point: _"His thoughts, are higher than our thoughts"
      Isaiah 40:31
      Ecclesiastes 3

    13. #59
      davedajobauk is offline Apprentice Member
      Widow/Widower
      retired
       
      Mood:
      Embarrassed
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      seeking Heaven
      Posts
      207
      Country
      UK
      CH Cash
      2,562
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      484
      Level
      7
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      92.98%
      Rep Power
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post


      According to scripture, mankind does not choose. God chooses.



      But surely I wrote: Originally Posted by davedajobauk
      "Without Free Will, mankind could not CHOOSE, to follow Jesus or, take an alternative path"

      iow: ~not to-follow Jesus

      rhetorical question:
      Does God 'also choose' (?) those, whom will not (in good-time) repent
      Last edited by davedajobauk; 06-14-2018 at 09:28 AM.
      Isaiah 40:31
      Ecclesiastes 3

    14. #60
      davedajobauk is offline Apprentice Member
      Widow/Widower
      retired
       
      Mood:
      Embarrassed
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      seeking Heaven
      Posts
      207
      Country
      UK
      CH Cash
      2,562
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      484
      Level
      7
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      92.98%
      Rep Power
      6
      "God, never does anything imperfectly"

      Let the Holy Spirit translate for you


      I used-to believe in the Holy Bible
      I recognised, that the language [used] was 'archaic'
      indeed, it sounds like our languages have come a long way since 'those-days'

      I found the Bible becoming more and more a collection (anthology) of 'statements'
      that when read 'literally' [against the background of archaeology] made less and less 'sense'
      ~that God could mean (intend-]to have [such] passed-on [/passed-down] to us


      Now, I do not claim to know God's intentions for the people of Earth
      (back then or now)
      But I do know The FIGURES 'do not compute'_
      God is LOVE ?
      God is FORGIVING
      God is MERCIFUL
      God is beyond the EQUAL of any creature, that He has made
      God doesn't do anything IMPERFECTLY
      cue: stillborn, hopelessly-deformed, disaster victims, murder and rape victims, the victims of war and civil unrest
      I won't ask, if He was 'punishing' those who suffered loss of friends / relatives (family)
      for I believe those 'lost' were the victims of MEN doing satanic things and bad choices

      So, I await with a kind of excitement and, near bated-breath
      ~for MANKIND to build a moon base
      and to use that, as a 'stepping stone' into the remainder of the Solar System

      IF, our planet were not surrounded by an electric fence (to keep us and Satan on-world)
      You see, the Van Allen Belts are situated, in such a way
      that there is no route into the solar system that may avoid-contact with them
      except by the LONGER ROUTE ie: exiting Earth orbit, via Earth's 'poles'
      and the solar system being-arranged as it is, this-means we cannot reach the elliptical plane
      unless, we find some-way to SWIM out-there, instead-of going into 'free fall'


      I have been having 'dreams' concerning our 'being-here' on-Earth (?)
      as in ~CAST OUT OF HEAVEN along with Satan, who 'fearful' of our gaining knowledge
      of him and becoming educated 'sufficiently' to defeat him/ or, of our then repenting
      and returning to Heaven, that Satan had our genomes 'altered'
      ~our God-made PERFECT BODIES
      were made susceptible to disease and the agues of ageing
      where BEFORE, we might, have had 'abilities' such as, the 'AXOLOTL'
      SATAN's PURPOSE, would then PERHAPS, be, to prevent sufficient knowledge being-obtained
      as-might during such increased longevity (acquiring TRUTH) lead us to unseat Satan as ALL POWERFUL
      yet unseen Ruler, of Hell on Earth [ENEMY of LOVE]

      Failing to recognize FACT, when in-fact, it is 'hidden' in plain sight ~is, a human failing

      dave
      Last edited by davedajobauk; 06-17-2018 at 08:15 PM.
      Isaiah 40:31
      Ecclesiastes 3

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •