Sometimes Have This Problem

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I am 60 years old, I have many illnesses, I am going to see 6 doctors in the next month, and I am so overwhelmed. I got high on alcohol tonight over it all. I can't take much more. I just want to relax already and not worry all the time. I have called a hotline and admitted that I would like to die if it were not for my pets. It would not be fair to them for they rely on me. :disgonbegood:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Aww Ruth :( I'm going to PM you to make sure you're okay!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ruth,
You just have to take things one day at a time and try not to think so far into the future. Life can get overwhelming.
You might try calling a 24 hour crisis number such as 1800273TALK for help

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm praying God brings you someone to help you through the hard times. :pray:

Here if you need to talk. :hug2:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am 60 years old, I have many illnesses, I am going to see 6 doctors in the next month, and I am so overwhelmed. I got high on alcohol tonight over it all. I can't take much more. I just want to relax already and not worry all the time. I have called a hotline and admitted that I would like to die if it were not for my pets. It would not be fair to them for they rely on me. :disgonbegood:

I do not know if prayer and a blessing help when a person is feeling very overwhelmed but you are in my prayer and I ask that God bless and keep you safe from harm of every kind. I have some experience with worry and some with grief so in my own way I understand some of what you are facing. Take heart from those who know you and pray for you even if no miracle healing is apparent now perhaps in God's own time by means as yet not revealed some help will come to you.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ruth you have many friends here and I will listen and talk with you anytime you wish. PM me if you want and know that you are loved here and that many would really be sad and miss you if anything were to happen to you

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am really very sorry for the trouble you are going through and I want you to know that I will pray for improvement in your life. God loves you.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all. I slept for awhile and am feeling better. Life is just so hard at times and gets to me. I shouldn't let it. Wish I was stronger. Thank you for the prayers and suggestions.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Thank you all. I slept for awhile and am feeling better. Life is just so hard at times and gets to me. I shouldn't let it. Wish I was stronger. Thank you for the prayers and suggestions.

I'm thinking that you're a lot stronger than you know, Ruth. I'll pray for you as well tonight, that God would lighten your burdens. I'm glad you got the rest you needed. Prayers on the ascent!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking that you're a lot stronger than you know, Ruth. I'll pray for you as well tonight, that God would lighten your burdens. I'm glad you got the rest you needed. Prayers on the ascent!
Thank you CF. Bless you.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I relate to this well, I have good days but bad days can fool you into worry that this is just how it will be from now on.
I look forward to bad days because I expect them but I especially welcome my good days because I know that there will be more.
Scripture tells me not to be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow is not today so let tomorrow bring in its problems tomorrow (its not exactly worded but thats what i get out of it) :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I relate to this well, I have good days but bad days can fool you into worry that this is just how it will be from now on.
I look forward to bad days because I expect them but I especially welcome my good days because I know that there will be more.
Scripture tells me not to be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow is not today so let tomorrow bring in its problems tomorrow (its not exactly worded but thats what i get out of it) :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I have anxiety disorders that I take medication for. My living situation and health concerns are causing me to feel down and very down at times but I am trying to think more positive now. I know there may be treatments for my health issues and I can move from this place as well.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ruth, we all have struggles and at times get overwhelmed and those are the times that we can lean on God, I know when we are going through things it is sometimes not a lot of comfort to hear that but the fact that He never leaves nor forsakes us is comforting to me

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I may not talk about God but I have my beliefs and way of interacting with God. I think we all have crappy days, some worse than others. I'm still here so it's no wonder I've done something right.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I may not talk about God but I have my beliefs and way of interacting with God. I think we all have crappy days, some worse than others. I'm still here so it's no wonder I've done something right.
You always do something right Ruth, you brighten my day for sure

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Thank you all. I slept for awhile and am feeling better.
Life is just so hard at times and gets to me. I shouldn't let it.
Wish I was stronger. Thank you for the prayers and suggestions.

Hi Ruth Sis'

Isaiah 40:31

Hang in there....
Before Mary passed [9th January 2016]
I wrecked a past inguineal hernia repair, while-making her comfortable, in bed
I was forced to wait 12.5 months, for a surgery to close it up
all the while with one hand 'holding it all in' while I endeavoured to live
ie: ~wash pots, mop floors, push, the vacuum cleaner around

I was then diagnosed with Heart failure [Severe LVSD] and now carry a Medic Alert Card
Mary passed, after 22 months of Metastatic Esophageal cancer and Chemo Treatment
While under anaesthesia (someone) damaged my fingers and thumbs joints and sinews~
took flesh from my right upper jawbone, leaving bone exposed, I thought it might be a 'Wisdom' making an appearance
[Not!]
As I left the hospital for the bus stop (next day) the cooler air 'reported' that I had been raped
That ringing and wetness, reminded me, of those nights I left the Boy's Club to go home
after my butt had been visited by the Club Leader [a Bristol City Councillor ~now, long retired]
I was 10years at that time and did not open-up to others until, I was 40 years and, once again 'looking-up'

I struggled to urinate ~could only manage a trickle, and, that could last, for up to ten minutes
I now have urinary incontinence, will leak a drop or two under the slightest pressure (resisting the need to sneeze)

On the evening of my release from hospital I felt that there was something climbing up my shin
when I looked I saw a humungous blister below my knee, it looked like a completely-full PILLOW, some three inches by nearly two inches

My most-recent treatment (by the Health Service) now has me seeing it as a Meat Market
with patients being SOLD ~to the lowest bidder God help us ~MENGELE comes to mind (?)

We cannot know God's purpose (for our presence here)
but if God, is LOVE
and we practice to be as Jesus (God) is
then, whether the Bible is true, or not, His will WILL BE DONE in us anyway

God bless

your Bro'

dave

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
It is, in two-days, TWO and a half years since my Mary passed
My Housing Manager has denied my claim to succeed Mary, as a secure tenant
and instead has me registered to USE AND OCCUPY this address [no rights at-all]

I wish to move back to my home town (Bristol) where I have six children, who love me
Mary's family (Five) including a daughter that did not wish us to wed, haven't been near the house in over two years
They CAME, searched the house for their memorabilia, and departed, most Never to be seen again :scratch:
While the bedrooms here, are still as they left them, ~in disarray
Chest of drawers and wardrobes, emptied to the beds

Sure, whenever selfishness is exercised, someone's feelings are then not considered/ taken into account
One of Mary's son's came here for a few hours (after the funeral) and asked me for Mary's wig
I replied that I wanted to keep it_
and he, without mentioning it again, stole it, before departing, I discovered-later

One of mine would not have done such a thing I am sure

Strange how people, eventually show their true nature

God bless

dave

Last edited:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Hi Dave,

Sounds like you have been through hell!

I hope and pray your health will get better and you will be able to be with your children.

So sorry for all you have gone through brother.

davedajobauk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
You SAID IT Ruth Sis'

'I came through-it'

In 2004, I was sure that I could not take-it anymore
Six Kids, Six German Shepherds, an unfaithful spouse with a vile and obscene tongue
After 21 wonderful years, there were 9 more (that I could have enjoyed not-having!!
the abuse was a 16 hour day (torment)
I so wanted RELIEF from my physical incapacity and the vile verbals and subsequent panic attacks
that I made a hangman's noose and took it to my garden shed when the family had retired

Anyway, the voice of Heaven, suggested I leave my intention until-morning
Couldn't have been anyone else, I was alone out-there @ 1.30am
Since when
I have been gifted THREE more Granddaughters, Eight and a half years with Mary
a warm and loving soul, for which, it was my honour, to see her through
that unexpected arrival and assault, of her terminal health condition
\o/

Ecclesiastes 3 (NIV)
Reinhold Niebuhr's Serenity Prayer (FULL)
Isaiah 40:31

While I am not aware of His purpose for me.... The rollercoaster ride has it's 'HIGHS' too
I do wonder, what my coming-days have in-store for-me
but I am certain, that 'Tomorrow' _WILL-ARRIVE :thumbsup: The Sun will shine again and drive away the 'darkness'

Brotherly Love <3

God bless

dave

Last edited:
Top Bottom