Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Eve trusted that God would provide a Messiah and when she gave birth to her firstborn son Cain she assumed that it was done. But Cain turned out to not be the Messiah.

Galatians 4:4-7 tells us that God works in His own time. It seems Eve was just as impatient as we all are.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Eve trusted that God would provide a Messiah and when she gave birth to her firstborn son Cain she assumed that it was done. But Cain turned out to not be the Messiah.

Galatians 4:4-7 tells us that God works in His own time. It seems Eve was just as impatient as we all are.
Interesting Fact: Cain was the first baby and also the first to be born with a belly button :)

Something else to think about, after Cain killed Abel God placed a mark on him so that any one who tried to kill him would get seven fold the punishment.. Who outside the garden is there to kill him?
Pre-Adamites? Other peoples that had fallen and/are barred outside the garden?
Cain might have been the false messiah the former race of Nod and his bloodline as well as Seth's have never been mentioned to have perished.
I have no presumptions to speak of but their are some holes and unclarity that God has issued us as mystery to unfold... or not.
Indeed Cain is not the messiah and I have never known Eve to accept that he ever was.
Interesting non the less :)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not only is there the question of who would kill Cain but since Cain managed to find a wife the question is who he married.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Not only is there the question of who would kill Cain but since Cain managed to find a wife the question is who he married.
Does it suggest other humans but Adam as the first perfected man in Gods likeness? Given paradise along with Eve and when they broke Gods one command, -were banished and became part of the former chaotic world that had become void and without form (anarchy)? Did they fail in replenishing the world since their faith was corrupted?
Is the tasting of the good fruit of the kingdom a reversal of the original sin in taking the forbidden fruit ? Seeing that it is impossible to have tasted the good fruit and fall away? I find these types and shadows amazing!
Are we not again called to go out and be fruitful and replenish the world by charity and spreading the gospel to the ends of the world? Are we again like in the days of Noah who saw corruption and was told by God after the flood to go out and replenish the world?
Do we not have a patient God or what?!
Enough of 20 questions I just find these parallels fascinating :)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your train of thought.
What biblical evidence do you have that Eve thought Cain was the Redeemer and Messiah?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sorry, but I don't follow your train of thought.
What biblical evidence do you have that Eve thought Cain was the Redeemer and Messiah?

The original Hebrew language where Eve declares that she has gotten man - the Lord. Some versions state a different translation so it reads differently. Look also in how she names Cain and the meaning behind his name. Then look at the meaning of Abel's name.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The original Hebrew language where Eve declares that she has gotten man - the Lord. Some versions state a different translation so it reads differently. Look also in how she names Cain and the meaning behind his name. Then look at the meaning of Abel's name.
I remember years ago that Cain meant "Possessed" and Abel "Vanity"... some have said Cain means "Spear" and Abel "breath"
--------------
Here is some copy pasta...

In the Hebrew version of Gen 4:2 Cain's name is part of a word play in Eve's cryptic statement made at her first son's birth. This word play is created by her claim to have "gained" (קנה) a man which would have had a poetic similarity to the name Cain (קין). [...]

[Philo] further develops the pun in the Hebrew by declaring that Cain's name means "possession" and then goes on to provide his own etymology of the name: "The first of these two views is figured by Cain who is called Possession, because he thinks he posses [sic] all things" (Sacrifices*1.2). Josephus also notes that the meaning of Cain's name is "possession" (Ant.1.52) as does Augustine (City of God15.17). As we will discover in a later chapter, the etymology of Cain's name became important to those who sought to describe him as greedy and the archetype of the rich oppressors of the poor. As with the attribute that Cain was the son of the devil, anything that could be found to explain why he killed Abel was used to help fill out the details of the story.

The naming of Abel is complicated once again by the complete lack of any detail. Abel's birth is described almost as an add-on to that of Cain's, and there is no declaration made about the son by the mother, nor is there any etymology provided for the name as there is with Cain and Seth. In Hebrew הבל means "breath" or "vanity" and is used elsewhere to describe the shortness of human life (Job 7:16; Ps 144:4; Eccl 1:2). But in spite of the lack of an etymology, interpreters were able to extrapolate meaning from Abel's name which in turn allowed them to expand the text with their own interpretations. Thus Josephus says that the meaning of Abel is "nothing" (Ant.*1.52). There is a variant in Josephus which replaces "nothing" (οὐθέν) for "sorrow" (πένθος) and is similarly found in Philo's interpretation of Abel's name (Migration*13.74). [...]

[...] By reading the story this way, exegetes could demonstrate that even the names of Cain and Abel communicated a message about their lives and the way that God works in the world. [...] The accusation that Cain was a greedy grasper is repeated often in conjunction with the details surrounding his crime of fratricide and his subsequent life following his expulsion.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
What verses are you specifically referring to? I cannot agree or disagree when there is no scripture to refer to.
You have made a claim that I have never heard before. Help us by providing your source text.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Genesis 4:1-15

Here is an article about it

https://kimberlinglutheran.com/2011/09/04/genesis-41-15-eve-cain-and-the-messiah/
"Indeed, God had promised a Messiah. But He never said it would be Eve’s first child–or even one of Eve’s children. Genesis 5:3 tells us that children are conceived in the image of their father. This means for a child to be the Messiah, he would have to have God as His Father!

This is something that Eve didn’t consider as she cried out, “I have gotten a man–the Lord!” Cain’s name comes from the Hebrew word meaning “to get.” Cain’s name shows the hope she had. Eve believed that she had given birth to the one whom God had promised would win salvation for her. But as she realizes that Cain is not the promised Messiah, her hope fades.

When Eve gives birth to her next son, she names him “Abel.” This name means “vanity” or “emptiness.” She doesn’t believe that Abel will be the Messiah. Eve realizes that her timing is off. The name “Abel” shows that.

Yet, Eve didn’t know how different the faith of her sons would be. She didn’t know that her son, Abel, would more faithfully point forward to the Messiah than Cain would. For when the time came for Eve’s sons to give the Lord an offering, only Abel realized that, without sacrificed blood, there is no forgiveness of sins."

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What verses are you specifically referring to? I cannot agree or disagree when there is no scripture to refer to.
You have made a claim that I have never heard before. Help us by providing your source text.
This verse I suppose holds some sort of weight when you consider Eves joyful hope that Cains birth was a blessing from God... im not sure if this is what Lam is pointing to... im just throwing it out there tho.

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Genesis 4:1

Scripture doesnt make it clear if she was being sarcastic or not lol

Edit: nevermind she posted a response at the exact same time I posted my reply lol

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Adam and Eve lived something approaching a millennium. Even if Eve only had 1 child every 3 years for 100 years, that would be 33 children. Her eldest daughter would have had something like 26 children, her eldest granddaughter would have had 20 children, her eldest great-granddaughter would have had 13 children (the oldest of which would be 20 years old and ready to marry.). All those children are just from ONE line of Eve’s daughters.

There is a mathematical formula for calculating population growth, but of Cain just waited 100 years, the number of men to kill him and women to marry him could easily be in the hundreds of thousands of each.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Adam and Eve lived something approaching a millennium. Even if Eve only had 1 child every 3 years for 100 years, that would be 33 children. Her eldest daughter would have had something like 26 children, her eldest granddaughter would have had 20 children, her eldest great-granddaughter would have had 13 children (the oldest of which would be 20 years old and ready to marry.). All those children are just from ONE line of Eve’s daughters.

There is a mathematical formula for calculating population growth, but of Cain just waited 100 years, the number of men to kill him and women to marry him could easily be in the hundreds of thousands of each.
Are you familiar with his works?
fc5715da382252a63fe2691e4148a7b8.jpg

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I don't recall any scripture giving cain the title lord.
I do recall.
I yochanon (john
Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Abel is pronounced havel in hebrew and
Havel, or hevel means breath.
So being accounted righteous by the Lord!

Matt 23;35
Heb. 11;4

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The words of Koheleth son of David, king in Jerusalem. אדִּבְרֵי֙ קֹהֶ֣לֶת בֶּן־דָּוִ֔ד מֶ֖לֶךְ בִּירֽוּשָׁלָֽ ִם:
2Vanity of vanities, said Koheleth; vanity of vanities, all is vanity. בהֲבֵ֤ל הֲבָלִים֙ אָמַ֣ר קֹהֶ֔לֶת הֲבֵ֥ל הֲבָלִ֖ים הַכֹּ֥ל הָֽבֶל:

הֲבֵ֤ל : hevel/ vapor or breath.
An interesting perspective when reading the context.

The son of David speaks of the courses of the sun, the waters. And it is even more beautiful of a perspective when compared to the order of creation with Yeshua giving life.

The first five breaths remind me of the 5 virgins with oil.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The words of Koheleth son of David, king in Jerusalem. אדִּבְרֵי֙ קֹהֶ֣לֶת בֶּן־דָּוִ֔ד מֶ֖לֶךְ בִּירֽוּשָׁלָֽ ִם:
2Vanity of vanities, said Koheleth; vanity of vanities, all is vanity. בהֲבֵ֤ל הֲבָלִים֙ אָמַ֣ר קֹהֶ֔לֶת הֲבֵ֥ל הֲבָלִ֖ים הַכֹּ֥ל הָֽבֶל:

הֲבֵ֤ל : hevel/ vapor or breath.
An interesting perspective when reading the context.

The son of David speaks of the courses of the sun, the waters. And it is even more beautiful of a perspective when compared to the order of creation with Yeshua giving life.

The first five breaths remind me of the 5 virgins with oil.

So i would be so bold as to translate

Breath of Life, said koheleth: living waters, all is found.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Oh, and lammchen

if ever you look to the Mishkan(tabernacle remember that shimon was a tanner, and so when the time is right a person has their garments washed.
Do you know the number of silver bases that are attributed to the instructions given.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and lammchen

if ever you look to the Mishkan(tabernacle remember that shimon was a tanner, and so when the time is right a person has their garments washed.
Do you know the number of silver bases that are attributed to the instructions given.
I thought Shimon was an Anderson...

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I thought Shimon was an Anderson...

Shimon the leather tanner.

Acts 10
There was a man in Caesarea named Cornelius, a Roman army officer in what was called the Italian Regiment. 2 He was a devout man, a “God-fearer,” as was his whole household; he gave generously to help the Jewish poor and prayed regularly to God. 3 One afternoon around three o’clock he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!” 4 Cornelius stared at the angel, terrified. “What is it, sir?” he asked. “Your prayers,” replied the angel, “and your acts of charity have gone up into God’s presence, so that he has you on his mind. 5 Now send some men to Yafo to bring back a man named Shim‘on, also called Kefa. 6 He’s staying with Shim‘on the leather-tanner, who has a house by the sea.” 7 As the angel that had spoken to him went away, Cornelius called two of his household slaves and one of his military aides, who was a godly man; 8 he explained everything to them and sent them to Yafo.

And if anyone would like to enguage in a conversation in oil. The road marks will become evident and relevant to the op.

I pose the same question to all readers visiting this thread.

How many bases of silver are given in the mishkan instructions?

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is there supposed to be a connection here? What does the mathematics of silver for the tabernacle in Exodus 38:27 have to do with Eve and Cain?

Top Bottom