Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      3.3%
      It doesn't help to exaggerate what is actually taught. Virtually no churches teach either that infants end up in hell or that all people outside their own church end up in hell. Indeed the latter is often considered a major characteristic of an damaging "cult."

I agree that the fear of hell has often been used to manipulate people. But that doesn't mean that there aren't people who are lost.

2. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Sad

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.85%
      Salvation through Jesus for the few:

[Mat 7:13-14 NASB] 13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

[Jhn 3:16-18 NASB] 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

[Jhn 14:6 NASB] 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

[Act 4:12 NASB] 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Do we believe what GOD says, or not?
      (If we believe it, should we warn others of the truth we know?)

Is there a HELL?

[Mat 5:22, 29-30 NASB] 22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. ... 29 "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
      [Mat 10:28 NASB] 28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
      [Mat 18:9 NASB] 9 "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
      [Mat 23:33 NASB] 33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

Jesus says there is.

4. Likes RichWh1 liked this post
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,335,104 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      96.25%
      Absolutely but it is a message that many will not recieve for who wants to believe that ionly a few will make it and that in order to be in that number you must obey and follow Jesus every day with Him being first in our lives and that we must be in Him which is different from Him in us.
      Isaiah 40:31

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      93.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      Salvation through Jesus for the few:

[Mat 7:13-14 NASB] 13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

[Jhn 3:16-18 NASB] 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

[Jhn 14:6 NASB] 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

[Act 4:12 NASB] 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Do we believe what GOD says, or not?
      (If we believe it, should we warn others of the truth we know?)

Is there a HELL?

[Mat 5:22, 29-30 NASB] 22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. ... 29 "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
      [Mat 10:28 NASB] 28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
      [Mat 18:9 NASB] 9 "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
      [Mat 23:33 NASB] 33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

Jesus says there is.
      I am not denying the existence of hell but man can add on what they picture hell to be just to scare people into a church but not so much the word.
      The Catholic creed declares that those outside of the Catholic faith are destined to eternal hell fire so what does they say for Protestantism? Many Protestants say that the Pope is the false prophet or the anti-Christ so what does that say for Catholicism? What does it say for non baptised babies? I thought the promise was for the generations of the baptised, yet whether a church says it or not they imply because they believe that water baptism is a must in their church by God.
      For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
      Psalm 16:10
      I believe hell is where the souls that reject the resurrection perish and therefore will not see to the resurrection but are shut out of the kingdom.
      Why else would death and hell be thrown into the lake of fire? Do things not perish in fire? Does perish mean perish or something else?
      When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
      Isaiah 43:2

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.54%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I still honestly believe that the orthodox vision of hell is unbiblical and was used in medieval times to draw in pagans -who had no connection to Judaism but had always and already had a superstitious and absurd Zoroastrian belief of a place of unimaginable torture and torment in eternal fire, not of purity reasons but for pure eternal punishment of souls who likewise can never ever be forgiven.
      A church that believes that a baby who was unwanted and disposed of and died the day it was born goes straight to "hell" is no friend of mine.
      It is rooted in paganism and is not found in proper translation.
      We will all as sinners have a PART in the lake of fire lest you believe and accept Christ who defeated death/sheol or stay conformed by the god of this world -the adversary, that lying deceitful devil Satan.
      We will be baptised in fire, tried and purified but these scare-tactics-to-convert are very outdated and again, rooted in demonic pagan beliefs and are very dangerous...
      Is it not naive to choose false non-biblical narrative to inherit the kingdom out of fear rather than breaking the generational lies apart by teaching the correct translations and true concordance of "death/sheol/'hell'?

There is no evidence that Zoroastrianism was ever a predominant religion in Western culture. Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone, so obviously God is highly concerned with it.

MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.54%
      A church that claims no salvation outside the church therefore anyone who didn't make it through their doors goe into hellfire. I'm just pointing out the absurdity by using the deceased infant example.
      Wycliff also had this beef with the church, not about hell but about non baptised babies going to hell.
      Back then they charged people to be baptised and the poor couldnt afford it.
      But this is about the concept of hell.
      So far I have personally heard from certain people that everyone outside their congregation will burn in hell forever, these include Catholic, Mennonite and Pentecostal and they seemed very serious about it.

Mennonite? I have never heard a Mennonite claim that only Mennonites can be saved from hell.
      It sounds like your beef is not about hell, but it is about denominations that claim exclusive access to God. Such a position is common among cults.

atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Sad

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.85%
      I am not denying the existence of hell but man can add on what they picture hell to be just to scare people into a church but not so much the word.
      The Catholic creed declares that those outside of the Catholic faith are destined to eternal hell fire so what does they say for Protestantism? Many Protestants say that the Pope is the false prophet or the anti-Christ so what does that say for Catholicism? What does it say for non baptised babies? I thought the promise was for the generations of the baptised, yet whether a church says it or not they imply because they believe that water baptism is a must in their church by God.
      For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
      Psalm 16:10
      I believe hell is where the souls that reject the resurrection perish and therefore will not see to the resurrection but are shut out of the kingdom.
      Why else would death and hell be thrown into the lake of fire? Do things not perish in fire? Does perish mean perish or something else?
      When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
      Isaiah 43:2
      I would prefer to let the Roman Catholic Church speak for itself, but just to make a quick point, it is not malice or elitism behind their view that non-Catholics are in danger of damnation. As I understand it, God will save HIS CHURCH (the Catholic Church), and anyone who rejects being part of the Church is rejecting being part of the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ. Thus the danger for us Protestants, is we have abandoned Christ’s Church ... the means through which Jesus saves.

We (Protestants) will obviously disagree, but the Catholic Church is simply drawing a conclusion based on there understanding and not seeking to claim any cult-like exclusivity to truth. I think they could probably explain it better. They just do not deserved to be lumped with JWs on this. It really is a different thing.

psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,335,104 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      96.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      I would prefer to let the Roman Catholic Church speak for itself, but just to make a quick point, it is not malice or elitism behind their view that non-Catholics are in danger of damnation. As I understand it, God will save HIS CHURCH (the Catholic Church), and anyone who rejects being part of the Church is rejecting being part of the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ. Thus the danger for us Protestants, is we have abandoned Christís Church ... the means through which Jesus saves.

We (Protestants) will obviously disagree, but the Catholic Church is simply drawing a conclusion based on there understanding and not seeking to claim any cult-like exclusivity to truth. I think they could probably explain it better. They just do not deserved to be lumped with JWs on this. It really is a different thing.
      One difference is they will deny that they hold this belief, that they accept us as Christians,
      Isaiah 40:31

Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      93.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Mennonite? I have never heard a Mennonite claim that only Mennonites can be saved from hell.
      It sounds like your beef is not about hell, but it is about denominations that claim exclusive access to God. Such a position is common among cults.
      Pretty much. I share in a later post what I have heard personally in my home town from three denominations, all claiming the others will be eternally damned by God... all speaking as members of their church and speaking on Gods behalf.
      You and Psalms both got defensive and offended and thank God!
      But in my small town people seem to demonize another and segregate themselves in Gods Holy Church, it's sad and terrible and incorrect when they claim a ridiculous cartoonish depiction of Hell just to scare people through a tugawar with eachother.
      This "hell" I hear of is always the same man made horror film projection that is not mentioned in scripture.
      My point seems to be difficult to get across so be patient, I again wish to expound that I do believe in a place where non believers go called hell but not the scare tactical medieval painting hell which we seem to assume so.
      I believe Jesus describes it well enough but when scripture says that sinners will have their "part" in it is not the same as a man saying that sinners have 'all' part or eternal subjection to hell where they never 'perish' but are quite the opposite.. non perishable.
      The 'smoke' of their torment ascends forever.

Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      93.68%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      There is no evidence that Zoroastrianism was ever a predominant religion in Western culture. Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone, so obviously God is highly concerned with it.