CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.01%

HELL

I still honestly believe that the orthodox vision of hell is unbiblical and was used in medieval times to draw in pagans -who had no connection to Judaism but had always and already had a superstitious and absurd Zoroastrian belief of a place of unimaginable torture and torment in eternal fire, not of purity reasons but for pure eternal punishment of souls who likewise can never ever be forgiven.
      A church that believes that a baby who was unwanted and disposed of and died the day it was born goes straight to "hell" is no friend of mine.
      It is rooted in paganism and is not found in proper translation.
      We will all as sinners have a PART in the lake of fire lest you believe and accept Christ who defeated death/sheol or stay conformed by the god of this world -the adversary, that lying deceitful devil Satan.
      We will be baptised in fire, tried and purified but these scare-tactics-to-convert are very outdated and again, rooted in demonic pagan beliefs and are very dangerous...
      Is it not naive to choose false non-biblical narrative to inherit the kingdom out of fear rather than breaking the generational lies apart by teaching the correct translations and true concordance of "death/sheol/'hell'?

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I still honestly believe that the orthodox vision of hell is unbiblical and was used in medieval times to draw in pagans -who had no connection to Judaism but had always and already had a superstitious and absurd Zoroastrian belief of a place of unimaginable torture and torment in eternal fire, not of purity reasons but for pure eternal punishment of souls who likewise can never ever be forgiven.
      A church that believes that a baby who was unwanted and disposed of and died the day it was born goes straight to "hell" is no friend of mine.
      What church is ruled out then?

DHoffmann is online now Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.01%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      What church is ruled out then?
      My point being that this is utterly irresponsibility for every church that wills to draw in attendees under the fear and threat of inescapable everlasting punishment in hellfire where Satan and his demons roast victims alive over fire while stabbing them with their pitchforks in exceeding pleasure and excitement.
      Now imagine them doing this to a day old baby or stillborn.
      Hell means death and fear of death. It's the evidence of a bad conscious on a man on his death bed who is entirely consumed in his rebellious nature without conviction thus neglect of the Lord who willed to save his soul.
      I do not believe that they will go the cartoonish depiction of a material hell forever, they will either accept the resurrection or go to death eternally... but not to the pagan molech hell that forces all dead babies to beg and plea without mercy.
      Fire means judgment and trial, we will accept that which has been tried in the fire, we will all have our part in the fire, we will be baptised in fire, OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.67%
      My point being that this is utterly irresponsibility for every church that wills to draw in attendees under the fear and threat of inescapable everlasting punishment in hellfire where Satan and his demons roast victims alive over fire while stabbing them with their pitchforks in exceeding pleasure and excitement.
      Now imagine them doing this to a day old baby or stillborn.
      And I want to know what churches you were thinking of. I cannot call to mind any particular denomination that teaches such, but of course, I am not an expert on the welter of independent Fundamentalist and Pentecostal congregations that are around. In addition, you said *orthodox vision of Hell* in post #1, so they would be ruled out by that qualifier anyway. So whom did you have in mind?

Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      78.04%
      LIBERALS: "There ain't no hell."
      CONSERVATIVES: "The hell there ain't!"
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.01%
      And I want to know what churches you were thinking of. I cannot call to mind any particular denomination that teaches such, but of course, I am not an expert on the welter of independent Fundamentalist and Pentecostal congregations that are around. In addition, you said *orthodox vision of Hell* in post #1, so they would be ruled out by that qualifier anyway. So whom did you have in mind?
      A church that claims no salvation outside the church therefore anyone who didn't make it through their doors goe into hellfire. I'm just pointing out the absurdity by using the deceased infant example.
      Wycliff also had this beef with the church, not about hell but about non baptised babies going to hell.
      Back then they charged people to be baptised and the poor couldnt afford it.
      But this is about the concept of hell.
      So far I have personally heard from certain people that everyone outside their congregation will burn in hell forever, these include Catholic, Mennonite and Pentecostal and they seemed very serious about it.

psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,300,425 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      69.8%
      A church that claims no salvation outside the church therefore anyone who didn't make it through their doors goe into hellfire. I'm just pointing out the absurdity by using the deceased infant example.
      Wycliff also had this beef with the church, not about hell but about non baptised babies going to hell.
      Back then they charged people to be baptised and the poor couldnt afford it.
      But this is about the concept of hell.
      So far I have personally heard from certain people that everyone outside their congregation will burn in hell forever, these include Catholic, Mennonite and Pentecostal and they seemed very serious about it.

I am Pentecostql and I have been in Mennonite services and I never once heard this so I think your info is wrong. Yes, there are certain churchs that do believe this but they are few and far between thank goodness.
      Isaiah 40:31

Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.67%
      A church that claims no salvation outside the church therefore anyone who didn't make it through their doors goes into hellfire. I'm just pointing out the absurdity by using the deceased infant example.
      But is that a real example? There doesn't seem to be a denomination that actually does teach this, yet your post made it seem as though you were rejecting a rather standard belief among the Christian churches. I guess I was interested to know if there is, in fact, one that I have overlooked. Apparently not.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.01%
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      I am Pentecostql and I have been in Mennonite services and I never once heard this so I think your info is wrong. Yes, there are certain churchs that do believe this but they are few and far between thank goodness.
      No im pentecostal too but we have had some guest preaching hellfire to those outside the church and it made me sick to my stomach :/
      A Mennonite family I knew talked about it a lot as well and even told their children that they will go to hell for owning a guitar because it's "worldly" or if they found work outside the family, one of the kids cried about it because they felt like no matter what they would go to hell..they were nice people but very very strict and weird when it came to their belief.
      My father was raised in a Catholic school where the nuns and priest told him on a regular basis that outside the Catholic church all souls are damned to eternal hellfire.
      I assume they all believe that they are the true Christian church thus others are wrong and do not have the Christian faith unless they come to their church.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.01%
      But is that a real example? There doesn't seem to be a denomination that actually does teach this, yet your post made it seem as though you were rejecting a rather standard belief among the Christian churches. I guess I was interested to know if there is, in fact, one that I have overlooked. Apparently not.
      Do you believe that non baptised infants go to hell?