The Colossian Problem

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Discipling is not to impress God, my brother, but for the healing of your heart that is broken and humbled...

Discipleship is the treasury of the Medicines of Immortality...

The Great Commission was for the Discipling of the Nations...

It was given to the 11...

And to those called to be Apostles...

Not all are called to that Apostolic Calling...

Even though Paul desires that we all should become like him...

Rom 13:14
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and make not provision for the flesh,
to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Arsenios
Arsenios, this is your man-made tradition speaking, not God's word speaking. I suggest you realign your traditions to God's word rather than create prooftexts out of context to strengthen your traditions.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 13:8-9,15-16,25
[8]Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
[9]So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them.
[15]Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.
[16]And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.
[25]May God’s grace be with you all.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Arsenios, this is your man-made tradition speaking, not God's word speaking.

God Himself gave us this Faith, and we have kept it unchanged for 2000 years...

Your tradition came along one thousand five hundred years later which you devised out of your reading of the Holy Book we wrote... God did not pass out Bibles so that everyone could make up their own religion from them... You see, MennoSota, yours is the man-made religion, and the EOC is the God-Given Faith delivered once for all to the Saints... I know you like to think God's Word is the Bible - But God's Word is Christ Himself, Who gave us His Faith by discipling His Disciples who disciple us...

Jude 1:3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common Salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you
that ye should earnestly contend for the Faith
which was once delivered unto the Saints.

Arsenios

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God Himself gave us this Faith, and we have kept it unchanged for 2000 years...

Your tradition came along one thousand five hundred years later which you devised out of your reading of the Holy Book we wrote... God did not pass out Bibles so that everyone could make up their own religion from them... You see, MennoSota, yours is the man-made religion, and the EOC is the God-Given Faith delivered once for all to the Saints... I know you like to think God's Word is the Bible - But God's Word is Christ Himself, Who gave us His Faith by discipling His Disciples who disciple us...

Jude 1:3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common Salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you
that ye should earnestly contend for the Faith
which was once delivered unto the Saints.

Arsenios
I follow what scripture says. Any tradition that is contrary to God's word must be cast out...no matter how old it is. Jesus made it clear that the traditions of Jewish leaders were burdens to be thrown out because they were contrary to God's word. It is clear you have some traditions that need to be cast out as not being in line with God's word. Your pride in your tradition is unfounded.
Remember that the Bereans were commended for their insistence on scripture over tradition.

Top Bottom