Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It seems more and more I see pastors and others using Bible apps on their phone instead of having a paper copy of the Bible. Do you have a favorite Bible app you use to either read or study? I confess that I am old fashion and want to have a paper copy of the Bible in my hands most of the time

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I still prefer an old copy but on my computer I rely on biblegateway.com to search out scripture when I'm communicating to others online. That's because it's easy to search and then copy and paste.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It seems more and more I see pastors and others using Bible apps on their phone instead of having a paper copy of the Bible. Do you have a favorite Bible app you use to either read or study? I confess that I am old fashion and want to have a paper copy of the Bible in my hands most of the time

I use Logos and Olive Tree.

I've often thought about what will be said about me at my funeral. Our minister usually asks to see the deceased's Bible when he's preparing his sermon for their funeral. My paper Bible is all but pristine - no annotations, folded pages etc. My virtual Bible is awash with highlights and notes, but he won't be able to get at it because he won't know how to unlock it.

Sometimes it's good to just shut everything down and read the paper Bible. Other times it's good to be able to have 143 different commentaries, concordances etc on hand without having to have physical books scattered all over my desk.

If I'm preparing a Bible study or a sermon I usually turn my laptop's wifi off so I don't get distracted by things beeping at me, then use my Logos to access my commentaries and different versions of Scripture. On my laptop I also use e-sword so I can really chop and change.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I use Logos and Olive Tree.

I've often thought about what will be said about me at my funeral. Our minister usually asks to see the deceased's Bible when he's preparing his sermon for their funeral. My paper Bible is all but pristine - no annotations, folded pages etc. My virtual Bible is awash with highlights and notes, but he won't be able to get at it because he won't know how to unlock it.

Sometimes it's good to just shut everything down and read the paper Bible. Other times it's good to be able to have 143 different commentaries, concordances etc on hand without having to have physical books scattered all over my desk.

If I'm preparing a Bible study or a sermon I usually turn my laptop's wifi off so I don't get distracted by things beeping at me, then use my Logos to access my commentaries and different versions of Scripture. On my laptop I also use e-sword so I can really chop and change.

I just downloaded the Olive Tree App on my computer. I'm going to try it out

Last edited:
Top Bottom