Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
https://youtu.be/MOmY8i-uBcY

The one thing I disagree with this trailer is that he says we can make the world a better place. According to scripture it's impossible for a man made utopia in this world, the world is not going to get better but worse... much worse.
Jesus will bring the kingdom with him on return (thousand year reign) but even then the Devil will again be released shortly before the New Heaven and New Earth.
Thoughts?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that we cannot create a Utopia on Earth, but I am sure that we can make the place better. In fact, it has certainly become better in the several millennia since the founding of the church.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree that the world will get worse because of scripture but I also agree that we can make it better at least for one at a time by reaching out to those in need, by carrying the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world. Scripture will come to pass but that is no reason to cease doing good. If you remember we are the force that is restraining evil and as the church grows weaker less will be restrained and eventually we will be taken out and then evil will be unrestrained.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Thanks for the input, makes sense now :)

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that the world will get worse because of scripture...

We may have a new entry for those books that list unintended announcements that have been seen in a church bulletin. ;)

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We may have a new entry for those books that list unintended announcements that have been seen in a church bulletin. ;)
Sorry I couldn't resist lol we know what you meant plasms :) love
78e13fcf7407498021cc41d58bc7bcc0.jpg

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm impressed. :)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hugh Hewett loved the movie and interviewed the director in the first hour of his 3AM Radio Program this morning...

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
God didn't make us to only read scripture; how lame is that? You have to be very ignorant to think scripture is the only thing that matters in this world. We as humans are endowed with intelligence and many forms of knowledge from many sources that are not evil! Let's use all that we can for everything in this world. For peace, understanding and help in this world. Everything comes from a higher source after all.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
https://youtu.be/MOmY8i-uBcY

The one thing I disagree with this trailer is that he says we can make the world a better place. According to scripture it's impossible for a man made utopia in this world, the world is not going to get better but worse... much worse.
Jesus will bring the kingdom with him on return (thousand year reign) but even then the Devil will again be released shortly before the New Heaven and New Earth.
Thoughts?

The movie seems to fit the Pope's marxist, liberation theology, where the gospel is social justice rather than radical submission under Christ and Christ alone.
If this life is all there is, then eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If this life is all there is, then eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Nothing wrong with that my amish brother, we'll have a good meal and some wine and just vent about how these good deeds of humanity gave us cars and computers, health and dental plans and shun them filthy rags of men then after word we just burry our noes in the bible and sit on our hands and pass out just after we decide to cancel our internet and toss out our pcs. Sounds like fun but how will we explain to the lost people that they are wretched and that their good works are blasphemy because they read it wrong and we are the only ones who got it! Shalom brother lol
Satire only, just wanted to live against everyones works and milk my cow alone in my community
Just playing my good friend Menno! Have you forgotten that you have dominion over plants and animals but you also have gods will in you to follow out until you die? God does not like the stiff necked haughty and stern, but he loves you as has justified you for you to love everyone and be fruitful and multiply in charity and the 2 great commands that christ demands of his justified saints...
By the way this satire is me talking to Menno in a fullness of feasts and under the merry undertaking of wines lol
Jk i have no idea what mennonites actually do but I get the feeling that they hate the outsiders wicked ways... I'll shut up now and probably get banned by making a humours satire point.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Nothing wrong with that my amish brother, we'll have a good meal and some wine and just vent about how these good deeds of humanity gave us cars and computers, health and dental plans and shun them filthy rags of men then after word we just burry our noes in the bible and sit on our hands and pass out just after we decide to cancel our internet and toss out our pcs. Sounds like fun but how will we explain to the lost people that they are wretched and that their good works are blasphemy because they read it wrong and we are the only ones who got it! Shalom brother lol
Satire only, just wanted to live against everyones works and milk my cow alone in my community
Just playing my good friend Menno! Have you forgotten that you have dominion over plants and animals but you also have gods will in you to follow out until you die? God does not like the stiff necked haughty and stern, but he loves you as has justified you for you to love everyone and be fruitful and multiply in charity and the 2 great commands that christ demands of his justified saints...
By the way this satire is me talking to Menno in a fullness of feasts and under the merry undertaking of wines lol
Jk i have no idea what mennonites actually do but I get the feeling that they hate the outsiders wicked ways... I'll shut up now and probably get banned by making a humours satire point.

In your post, truly ignorance is bliss. [emoji56]

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes