CH Cash
      (140,802 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      75.13%
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      I apologize, I hit the wrong button so it shows that I edited your post but it is still there as originally posted. Now I would like to say that there is nothing in those scriptures to support that but I do know that God is drawing the Jewish people back but they will not leave this country till the monetary system fails which is another reason I see that this country is going to go through rough times.
      I reverted his post so it's like you never touched it
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.84%
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      I apologize, I hit the wrong button so it shows that I edited your post but it is still there as originally posted. Now I would like to say that there is nothing in those scriptures to support that but I do know that God is drawing the Jewish people back but they will not leave this country till the monetary system fails which is another reason I see that this country is going to go through rough times.
      I understand your view as a dispensationalist, pretrib proponent. I held that view for a really long time and hold no grudge. Presently, I am amillenial and see Israel as the church.

MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.18%
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      The Kingdom of Israel is not fulfilled. The people never repent. This is what we see in the gospels. God then establishes the New Covenant at the cross by giving the Kingdom to the children of the promise...the Israel of God. Jesus even tells the Jews that he will destroy the city of Jerusalem and end his connection to the nation Israel while those the Father has given him will be established as the true Kingdom of God.
      Thus we see the major difference in our theology so that we cannot find agreement. You apply the Kingdom of the Law to the Kingdom of the New Covenant and thus you reject grace in the process.
      The Lord, Jesus Christ, preached repent and believe in the gospel because the kingdom of God is at hand.

He didn't mention the kingdom of Israel.

God gave Israel judges to rule over them and when they rejected God as their king and refused to be ruled by judges God let them have a king over themselves; God chose Saul to rule them.
      1 Samuel 8:1-22 When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. 2 The name of his firstborn son was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judges in Beersheba. 3 Yet his sons did not walk in his ways but turned aside after gain. They took bribes and perverted justice. 4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah 5 and said to him, "Behold, you are old and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint for us a king to judge us like all the nations." 6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. 8 According to all the deeds that they have done, from the day I brought them up out of Egypt even to this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are also doing to you. 9 Now then, obey their voice; only you shall solemnly warn them and show them the ways of the king who shall reign over them."

10 So Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking for a king from him. 11 He said, "These will be the ways of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and appoint them to his chariots and to be his horsemen and to run before his chariots. 12 And he will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and some to plough his ground and to reap his harvest, and to make his implements of war and the equipment of his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive orchards and give them to his servants. 15 He will take the tenth of your grain and of your vineyards and give it to his officers and to his servants. 16 He will take your male servants and female servants and the best of your young men and your donkeys, and put them to his work. 17 He will take the tenth of your flocks, and you shall be his slaves. 18 And in that day you will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."

19 But the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel. And they said, "No! But there shall be a king over us, 20 that we also may be like all the nations, and that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles." 21 And when Samuel had heard all the words of the people, he repeated them in the ears of the LORD. 22 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Obey their voice and make them a king." Samuel then said to the men of Israel, "Go every man to his city."
      The kingdom of Israel represents Israel's rejection of God so it could not be the kingdom of God that Jesus preached.
      Last edited by MoreCoffee; Yesterday at 07:38 PM.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.84%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      The Lord, Jesus Christ, preached repent and believe in the gospel because the kingdom of God is at hand.

He didn't mention the kingdom of Israel.

God gave Israel judges to rule over them and when they rejected God as their king and refused to be ruled by judged God let them have a king over themselves; God chose Saul to rule them.
      1 Samuel 8:1-22 When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. 2 The name of his firstborn son was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judges in Beersheba. 3 Yet his sons did not walk in his ways but turned aside after gain. They took bribes and perverted justice. 4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah 5 and said to him, "Behold, you are old and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint for us a king to judge us like all the nations." 6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them. 8 According to all the deeds that they have done, from the day I brought them up out of Egypt even to this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are also doing to you. 9 Now then, obey their voice; only you shall solemnly warn them and show them the ways of the king who shall reign over them."

10 So Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking for a king from him. 11 He said, "These will be the ways of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and appoint them to his chariots and to be his horsemen and to run before his chariots. 12 And he will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and some to plough his ground and to reap his harvest, and to make his implements of war and the equipment of his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive orchards and give them to his servants. 15 He will take the tenth of your grain and of your vineyards and give it to his officers and to his servants. 16 He will take your male servants and female servants and the best of your young men and your donkeys, and put them to his work. 17 He will take the tenth of your flocks, and you shall be his slaves. 18 And in that day you will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."

19 But the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel. And they said, "No! But there shall be a king over us, 20 that we also may be like all the nations, and that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles." 21 And when Samuel had heard all the words of the people, he repeated them in the ears of the LORD. 22 And the LORD said to Samuel, "Obey their voice and make them a king." Samuel then said to the men of Israel, "Go every man to his city."
      The kingdom of Israel represents Israel's rejection of God so it could not be the kingdom of God that Jesus preached.
      Jesus is Messiah. He spoke under the Mosaic Covenant. I cannot change your mind when you reject the difference between the Mosaic and New Covenants.

Arsenios is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      37.84%
      I understand your view as a dispensationalist, pretrib proponent. I held that view for a really long time and hold no grudge. Presently, I am amillenial and see Israel as the church.
      The NATION of Israel???

Arsenios

Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      33.81%
      "CALIFORNIA" refers to a mythical island in the Spanish novel "Las Sergas de Esplandián" by Montalvo. LATER, it was applied to an actual land in what was then northern Mexico (even though this land had nothing in common with the mythical one). Only a fool would think they are one and the same thing. "ISRAEL" in the Bible refers to a person, to the people of the Covenant, and to a Kingdom (which ended in 722 BC). Sure 2,669 years later, a political state CAN select whatever legal moniker for itself it chooses, but that doesn't mean they are the same thing (or even have anything in common).

Back to the topic....

We are justified by works - just not our own.

MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.18%
      Jesus is Messiah. He spoke under the Mosaic Covenant. I cannot change your mind when you reject the difference between the Mosaic and New Covenants.
      You are right to say that Jesus is the Messiah (or Christ). And when Jesus started his public ministry saint John the Baptist had already announced his coming and the beginning of the kingdom of God.
      Mark 1:1-11 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
      "Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way,
      3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
      'Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight,'"
      4 John appeared, baptising in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptised by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. 6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey. 7 And he preached, saying,
      "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I have baptised you with water, but he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit."
      9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptised by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased."
      The transition from the old covenant to the new began with saint John the Baptist and was completed with the events of the passion of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.84%
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsenios View Post
      The NATION of Israel???

Arsenios
      The Israel of God.
      "For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel."
      "This means it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but children of the promise are counted as offspring."
      Romans 9:6-13

Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.84%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      You are right to say that Jesus is the Messiah (or Christ). And when Jesus started his public ministry saint John the Baptist had already announced his coming and the beginning of the kingdom of God.
      Mark 1:1-11 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
      "Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way,
      3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
      'Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight,'"
      4 John appeared, baptising in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptised by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. 6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey. 7 And he preached, saying,
      "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I have baptised you with water, but he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit."
      9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptised by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased."
      The transition from the old covenant to the new began with saint John the Baptist and was completed with the events of the passion of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
      Do you imagine that by repeatedly ignoring the difference between the Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant you will eventually become correct in your position?
      You cannot grasp the purpose of John's ministry and the role of Jesus earthly ministry to the nation of Israel, thus you conflagrate two issues and miss grace.

Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      33.81%
      We are justified by works - just not our own.