Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
James Comey book has been on NY Times best seller list for two weeks now and is the number one best seller this week. It is described as

"In his absorbing new book, “A Higher Loyalty,” the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey calls the Trump presidency a “forest fire” that is doing serious damage to the country’s norms and traditions.
“This president is unethical, and untethered to truth and institutional values,” Comey writes. “His leadership is transactional, ego driven and about personal loyalty.”
Decades before he led the F.B.I.’s investigation into whether members of Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election, Comey was a career prosecutor who helped dismantle the Gambino crime family; and he doesn’t hesitate in these pages to draw a direct analogy between the Mafia bosses he helped pack off to prison years ago and the current occupant of the Oval Office."

The link to this book is here
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/books/review/james-comey-a-higher-loyalty.html

Do you have any plans to read this book?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'd be interested to see a truly impartial analysis of things like the Clinton email server issue (whether it is best called a "matter", "investigation" or whatever else) and the extent (if any) to which Russian influence affected the election.

From my layman's perspective it seemed that the Clinton email issue was handled in a spectacularly bizarre manner, which leads me to wonder whether Comey's analysis of Trump's presidency is impartial. Packing mafia bosses off to prison is all well and good but doesn't necessarily make him an impartial writer, especially if he's talking about the man who fired him.

I don't know that I'd rush out to read the book - I can't help thinking it's likely to be politically biased to an extent that would cause me to lose interest in it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'd be interested to see a truly impartial analysis of things like the Clinton email server issue (whether it is best called a "matter", "investigation" or whatever else) and the extent (if any) to which Russian influence affected the election.

From my layman's perspective it seemed that the Clinton email issue was handled in a spectacularly bizarre manner, which leads me to wonder whether Comey's analysis of Trump's presidency is impartial. Packing mafia bosses off to prison is all well and good but doesn't necessarily make him an impartial writer, especially if he's talking about the man who fired him.

I don't know that I'd rush out to read the book - I can't help thinking it's likely to be politically biased to an extent that would cause me to lose interest in it.

i sure wouldn't buy it, but I may check it out if it is available at the library.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i sure wouldn't buy it, but I may check it out if it is available at the library.

I might read it if I could read it for free. Truth be told I'd almost be tempted to read Hillary Clinton's book if it were available for free - part of me is just curios to know how she managed to turn "the country preferred the other candidate" into an entire book.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

That's understandable. I surely would not rush to buy it merely because the NYTimes chose to put it at #1 on its own list in order to sell copies.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I might read it if I could read it for free. Truth be told I'd almost be tempted to read Hillary Clinton's book if it were available for free - part of me is just curios to know how she managed to turn "the country preferred the other candidate" into an entire book.

If she has devoted a separate chapter to each of the people or groups she has accused of having cost her the election, the book might have written itself (as they say).

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If she has devoted a separate chapter to each of the people or groups she has accused of having cost her the election, the book might have written itself (as they say).

... and would probably be too heavy to lift. Just sayin' .... :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I remember the moment the press finally realized that all their predictions that Hilary would win wasn't going to happen. One lady in the press actually started crying while on the air. As much as I don't like Trump, she was even more unpopular with many people. Given all the horrible things he has said and continues to say that is remarkable.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I remember the moment the press finally realized that all their predictions that Hilary would win wasn't going to happen. One lady in the press actually started crying while on the air. As much as I don't like Trump, she was even more unpopular with many people. Given all the horrible things he has said and continues to say that is remarkable.

I must admit I have mixed views on Trump. It does often seem like he speaks first and thinks later but I can't help thinking that his style of leadership is getting results in places like North Korea and probably has a better chance of results in Iran than the Obama style of appeasement.

Hillarious wasn't exactly reserved with her negative commentaries - when she referred to half of the electorate with her "basket of deplorables" comment she probably did as much to activate Republican voters as anything Trump might have said. Then comments about people who cling to God and guns do little other than suggest that her urban lifestyle is so far superior and people who live in rural communities should just get with the program. Except people who live in rural communities generally don't want an urban lifestyle, that's why they live in rural areas.

I forget where I read one commentary about media bias - it said how during the Republican primaries they focussed on Trump because he could be relied on to do or say something outrageous, but then when it became clear that Trump was going to be the candidate standing against Hillarious they suddenly decided they had to stop him whatever it took. That article estimated the value of the media coverage given to Trump could easily have been north of $1bn, had he tried to buy that much coverage.

Funny to think that the left-leaning media could have been responsible for Hillarious getting defeated. I'm sure that's one of the things she blames in her book.

Top Bottom