Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
From the Washington Post

"Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York mayor and a recent addition to President Trump’s legal team, said Wednesday night that Trump made a series of payments reimbursing his attorney, Michael Cohen, for a $130,000 settlement with an adult-film actress — despite Trump’s assertion last month that he was unaware of the payment.

“The president repaid it,’’ Giuliani told Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity.

Trump “didn’t know about the specifics of it, as far as I know. But he did know the general arrangement, that Michael would take care of things like this, like I take care of things like this with my clients,” Giuliani said. “I don’t burden them with every single thing that comes along. These are busy people.’’

The rest of the article is here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c82b4af95ec5

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, it seems that the more as time goes on the more that ends up coming out

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Did you notice, this was part of a larger payment. The implication seems to be that there are more cases like this.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The only part of the account that amounts to something concrete appears to be this:

’’Larry Noble, general counsel for the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center, said Giuliani’s statements do not end the questions....’’

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think part of the question was how was this payment processed. Was it processed as a fee for legal services or was it processed as a reinbursement? Then also as has been mentioned, why so much more than 130,000. How many other women who haven't come forward was he paying off.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This whole issue is clearly a side-show. My sense is that the investigation of Cohen isn't primarily for this, nor is this anywhere near the top concern about Trump. It does show how Trump works. But so far it doesn't sound like anything illegal.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This whole issue is clearly a side-show. My sense is that the investigation of Cohen isn't primarily for this, nor is this anywhere near the top concern about Trump. It does show how Trump works. But so far it doesn't sound like anything illegal.

What he said.

SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term - that frankly, I put very little stock in anything they produce. And their hypocrisy is just disgusting..... Roosevelt, Kennedy, Clinton - they do stuff and the press thinks they are being picked on and Hilary tells the press that women LIE about this stuff all the time, and she's praised by the press for saying that and standing by her man. Hilary does FAR, FAR worse in things - and gets a complete pass, while the press goes ON and ON and ON trying to make something out of nothing against Trump. The bias... the hypocrisy.... it is so obvious, so disgusting. I'm NO friend of Trump, but what's being drummed up here is yellow press acting as the military for the liberals - and nothing more.

LOOK, everyone on the planet knew that Trump is no saint when it comes to sex. EVERYONE knows how he ended up with this beautiful model. Until he ran for president, he kept it no secret. I find it disgusting but I seem to be the only 0ne on the planet - Evangelical Preachers fell in love with him and people voted for him, KNOWING his sex life. And when a Democrat is involved, the press could care less (besides, women lie about this stuff as they all reported when Bill Clinton was in trouble). But NOW they see that MAYBE this one can cause Trump to resign or die or get impreached and removed! If they can't harp on it and convince everyone that this is BAD if it's a Republican. I'm not sure they will. Everyone knew he was a pig. No one cared then and no one cares now.... and the press shouting 'but HE'S a Republican so this is impeachable!" I don't think is going to get far. We'll see. The liberal press is good at this stuff.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term
Oh, come on. The media likes scandals. They overplayed Hillary's email even worse.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh, come on. The media likes scandals. They overplayed Hillary's email even worse.

There are a whole pile of untruthful statements made by Donald and Sara from the white house. It seems likely that Donald is heading for impeachment or arrest for crimes. Let's see how it plays out.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What he said.

SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term - that frankly, I put very little stock in anything they produce. And their hypocrisy is just disgusting..... Roosevelt, Kennedy, Clinton - they do stuff and the press thinks they are being picked on and Hilary tells the press that women LIE about this stuff all the time, and she's praised by the press for saying that and standing by her man. Hilary does FAR, FAR worse in things - and gets a complete pass, while the press goes ON and ON and ON trying to make something out of nothing against Trump. The bias... the hypocrisy.... it is so obvious, so disgusting. I'm NO friend of Trump, but what's being drummed up here is yellow press acting as the military for the liberals - and nothing more.

LOOK, everyone on the planet knew that Trump is no saint when it comes to sex. EVERYONE knows how he ended up with this beautiful model. Until he ran for president, he kept it no secret. I find it disgusting but I seem to be the only 0ne on the planet - Evangelical Preachers fell in love with him and people voted for him, KNOWING his sex life. And when a Democrat is involved, the press could care less (besides, women lie about this stuff as they all reported when Bill Clinton was in trouble). But NOW they see that MAYBE this one can cause Trump to resign or die or get impreached and removed! If they can't harp on it and convince everyone that this is BAD if it's a Republican. I'm not sure they will. Everyone knew he was a pig. No one cared then and no one cares now.... and the press shouting 'but HE'S a Republican so this is impeachable!" I don't think is going to get far. We'll see. The liberal press is good at this stuff.

I've read a biography about JFK and he was far worse when it comes to women. Even sneaking them up the back stairs of the White House while President. And nobody said a word about it. Of course, that was a different day then

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
What he said.

The mainstream are just doing their jobs. They show several representatives in their shows. The reps are conservatives and liberals all the time. I don't know where you get your info. from but you are misinformed.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The mainstream are just doing their jobs. They show several representatives in their shows. The reps are conservatives and liberals all the time. I don't know where you get your info. from but you are misinformed.

I would have to side with Josiah on this one. the media is often bias. If you watch CNN you see anchors who clearly hate Trump and if you watch Fox News you'll clearly see people who think he can do nothing wrong. It's really not bias at all.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would have to side with Josiah on this one. the media is often bias. If you watch CNN you see anchors who clearly hate Trump and if you watch Fox News you'll clearly see people who think he can do nothing wrong. It's really not bias at all.

This is definitely true! CNN.com attacks Trump for every little thing but I still go to read the headlines because I can always search out other news media online to see how they wrote the story if it's interesting to me. I can't trust journalists anymore.

Top Bottom