(0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      94.15%

Trump repaid Cohen for hush money

From the Washington Post

"Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York mayor and a recent addition to President Trump’s legal team, said Wednesday night that Trump made a series of payments reimbursing his attorney, Michael Cohen, for a $130,000 settlement with an adult-film actress — despite Trump’s assertion last month that he was unaware of the payment.

“The president repaid it,’’ Giuliani told Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity.

Trump “didn’t know about the specifics of it, as far as I know. But he did know the general arrangement, that Michael would take care of things like this, like I take care of things like this with my clients,” Giuliani said. “I don’t burden them with every single thing that comes along. These are busy people.’’

The rest of the article is here
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c82b4af95ec5

psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,489,523 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      36.14%
      Interesting, it seems that the more as time goes on the more that ends up coming out
      Isaiah 40:31

hedrick is offline Apprentice Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.7%
      Did you notice, this was part of a larger payment. The implication seems to be that there are more cases like this.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      91.79%
      The only part of the account that amounts to something concrete appears to be this:

’’Larry Noble, general counsel for the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center, said Giuliani’s statements do not end the questions....’’

jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      94.15%
      I think part of the question was how was this payment processed. Was it processed as a fee for legal services or was it processed as a reinbursement? Then also as has been mentioned, why so much more than 130,000. How many other women who haven't come forward was he paying off.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.7%
      This whole issue is clearly a side-show. My sense is that the investigation of Cohen isn't primarily for this, nor is this anywhere near the top concern about Trump. It does show how Trump works. But so far it doesn't sound like anything illegal.

Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      9.92%
      Quote Originally Posted by hedrick View Post
      This whole issue is clearly a side-show. My sense is that the investigation of Cohen isn't primarily for this, nor is this anywhere near the top concern about Trump. It does show how Trump works. But so far it doesn't sound like anything illegal.

What he said.

SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term - that frankly, I put very little stock in anything they produce. And their hypocrisy is just disgusting..... Roosevelt, Kennedy, Clinton - they do stuff and the press thinks they are being picked on and Hilary tells the press that women LIE about this stuff all the time, and she's praised by the press for saying that and standing by her man. Hilary does FAR, FAR worse in things - and gets a complete pass, while the press goes ON and ON and ON trying to make something out of nothing against Trump. The bias... the hypocrisy.... it is so obvious, so disgusting. I'm NO friend of Trump, but what's being drummed up here is yellow press acting as the military for the liberals - and nothing more.

LOOK, everyone on the planet knew that Trump is no saint when it comes to sex. EVERYONE knows how he ended up with this beautiful model. Until he ran for president, he kept it no secret. I find it disgusting but I seem to be the only 0ne on the planet - Evangelical Preachers fell in love with him and people voted for him, KNOWING his sex life. And when a Democrat is involved, the press could care less (besides, women lie about this stuff as they all reported when Bill Clinton was in trouble). But NOW they see that MAYBE this one can cause Trump to resign or die or get impreached and removed! If they can't harp on it and convince everyone that this is BAD if it's a Republican. I'm not sure they will. Everyone knew he was a pig. No one cared then and no one cares now.... and the press shouting 'but HE'S a Republican so this is impeachable!" I don't think is going to get far. We'll see. The liberal press is good at this stuff.
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.7%
      Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
      SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term
      Oh, come on. The media likes scandals. They overplayed Hillary's email even worse.

MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      61.19%
      Quote Originally Posted by hedrick View Post
      Oh, come on. The media likes scandals. They overplayed Hillary's email even worse.
      There are a whole pile of untruthful statements made by Donald and Sara from the white house. It seems likely that Donald is heading for impeachment or arrest for crimes. Let's see how it plays out.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      94.15%
      Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
      What he said.

SERIOUSLY, the mass media is SO biased, SO obsessed in their hatred of Trump and that he's our president, SO obsessed with the dream that he'll resign or get booted out or die before the end of his first term - that frankly, I put very little stock in anything they produce. And their hypocrisy is just disgusting..... Roosevelt, Kennedy, Clinton - they do stuff and the press thinks they are being picked on and Hilary tells the press that women LIE about this stuff all the time, and she's praised by the press for saying that and standing by her man. Hilary does FAR, FAR worse in things - and gets a complete pass, while the press goes ON and ON and ON trying to make something out of nothing against Trump. The bias... the hypocrisy.... it is so obvious, so disgusting. I'm NO friend of Trump, but what's being drummed up here is yellow press acting as the military for the liberals - and nothing more.

LOOK, everyone on the planet knew that Trump is no saint when it comes to sex. EVERYONE knows how he ended up with this beautiful model. Until he ran for president, he kept it no secret. I find it disgusting but I seem to be the only 0ne on the planet - Evangelical Preachers fell in love with him and people voted for him, KNOWING his sex life. And when a Democrat is involved, the press could care less (besides, women lie about this stuff as they all reported when Bill Clinton was in trouble). But NOW they see that MAYBE this one can cause Trump to resign or die or get impreached and removed! If they can't harp on it and convince everyone that this is BAD if it's a Republican. I'm not sure they will. Everyone knew he was a pig. No one cared then and no one cares now.... and the press shouting 'but HE'S a Republican so this is impeachable!" I don't think is going to get far. We'll see. The liberal press is good at this stuff.
      I've read a biography about JFK and he was far worse when it comes to women. Even sneaking them up the back stairs of the White House while President. And nobody said a word about it. Of course, that was a different day then