Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I really don't have back problems but have done a lot of traveling by car the past few days and now my back aches. How do you pamper your back when you're in pain? I'm feeling a little better this morning and have been stretching a lot so that helps.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Heating pads are wonderful! Maybe Ibuprofen to help loosen things up as well, but only if you needed it

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We went to an event where they were shearing sheep today and walked around a lot so no more pain for me! If anyone else has tips though it would be helpful in the future.

I think in my case my husband had my car seat in a different position. I like to have it straight up and down for my posture. He likes it leaned back so maybe that's what caused the pain.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We went to an event where they were shearing sheep today and walked around a lot so no more pain for me! If anyone else has tips though it would be helpful in the future.

I think in my case my husband had my car seat in a different position. I like to have it straight up and down for my posture. He likes it leaned back so maybe that's what caused the pain.

Lamm,

I gotta admit, the only thing that ever causes me any back issue is SITTING for a long time (typically, in a car). I admit, my Mazda Miata is bad about that - the seats don't give enough lower back support and in time, my back starts to bother me. My wife's Honda Pilot is much better; she has the seat adjustment to give the MAX support there and my back appreciates that. I wonder if SITTING isn't a big part of the "back problem" so many have.

I'm REALLY careful when I'm at the fitness center, too. I had a trainer years ago who so STRESSED caring for the back and I've remembered her every word about that. I work to strengthen my back - not stress it.

At work, a lot of us have gotten those raised stations that mean you work the computer standing up. All MUCH higher. My head is STRAIGHT when looking at the monitor and I'm standing up. I can lower all that and sit if I want to, and I tend to switch back and forth. My neck and back both feel better. When I'm a work, I'm standing most of the day. And I can raise or lower the level just to give variety. I wish you could do that with a car.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually work it out.

I stay with tightness along the right side of my spine due to muscle tension. I also have deteriorating disks and an utter lack of cartlidge along with bone spurs in the vertebrae nearer to and going into my neck.

Physical activity seems to be a consistent fix, though not an easy or permanent one. If I stop I will stove up, so I generally just bite the bullet and work through it......it subsides with use and returns in the evening when I'm done working. There is a great tool for massaging one's own back that is basically a long handle with a curve and a ball at the end.....it works wonders but I don't know how or where to aquire one. Maybe a chiropractor would know.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I have a TENS device and use it and also take hot baths and massage my shoulder muscles. They get so tight.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A lot of stretching and over the counter pain reliever such as Aleve or a hot shower

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My back pain didn't last very long and I'm thankful for that and moving around really helped alleviate the pain immensely! I don't recommend staying in bed for a back issue!!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My back pain didn't last very long and I'm thankful for that and moving around really helped alleviate the pain immensely! I don't recommend staying in bed for a back issue!!

i have had a few times where my back hurt me so bad that I had trouble straightening up. One time when I had a hold of my son when he was much younger. He went one way and i went another and I felt something pop in my back. It took about three days to feel better

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i have had a few times where my back hurt me so bad that I had trouble straightening up. One time when I had a hold of my son when he was much younger. He went one way and i went another and I felt something pop in my back. It took about three days to feel better

It only takes a moment then to do damage huh? :( I'm always afraid when I shovel snow that it would hurt me and I really love to shovel the snow so I'm glad that hasn't happened yet! I worked in my garden today with a shovel and removed some really large rocks (some the size of my head!!) and thought I'd feel awful but I'm fine.

Top Bottom