Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
8 “All this happened to Nebuchadnezzar the king. 29 Twelve months later he was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon. 30 The king reflected and said, ‘Is this not Babylon the great, which I myself have built as a royal residence by the might of my power and for the glory of my majesty?’ 31 While the word was in the king’s mouth, a voice
came from heaven, saying, ‘King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is declared: sovereignty has been removed from you, 32 and you will be driven away from mankind, and your dwelling place will be with the beasts of the field. You will be given grass to eat like cattle, and seven periods of time will pass over you until you recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes.’ 33 Immediately the word concerning Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled; and he was driven away from mankind and began eating grass like cattle, and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair had grown like eagles’ feathers and his nails like birds’ claws." Daniel 4:28-33

This was recently a passage that my pastor talked about in a sermon. Nebuchadnezzar was humbled to the point of losing his honor, reputation and position. Eventually his sanity was restored and he praised God. What lessons do you think we can take from this passage?

My pastor commented that insanity happens when
1. When we are self-sufficient instead of God dependent vs.1-4
2. When we give ourselves the credit instead of thanking God v.5-30
3. When we think we know best instead of acknowledging that Heaven Rules vs. 25-26,32,34,35

Three things to have sanity restored
1. Exalt the kingdom of heaven
2. Acknowledge God does everything right
3. Walk in humility

http://www.tbcnow.org/mediaPlayer/#sermonaudio/423

Top Bottom