Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A friend of mine told me yesterday that she and her husband brought home bed bugs...from the airport!! The exterminator they called told them that the conveyor belts for the checked bags are never cleaned! I have no idea how much that is true about the cleaning but I suppose having your luggage mixed in with other luggage that MIGHT have bed bugs can be cause for concern!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thats horrible! :thumbsdown: Hope your friend gets rid of them and they don't come back. I would of thought they cleaned that thing. Terrible that they don't.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bed bugs can be so difficult to eliminate and calling in a professional is worth the money in case it happens in your home. I would not like to dish out a boat load of cash for a new mattress and the thought of creepy crawlies where I sleep makes me absolutely cringe in horror.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A friend of mine told me yesterday that she and her husband brought home bed bugs...from the airport!! The exterminator they called told them that the conveyor belts for the checked bags are never cleaned! I have no idea how much that is true about the cleaning but I suppose having your luggage mixed in with other luggage that MIGHT have bed bugs can be cause for concern!

If bed bugs can survive a flight at altitude you could presumably just as easily get bed bugs in your luggage from someone else's luggage.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If bed bugs can survive a flight at altitude you could presumably just as easily get bed bugs in your luggage from someone else's luggage.

Isn't it strange how some pets die on flights but bugs can endure?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Isn't it strange how some pets die on flights but bugs can endure?

Bugs are pretty hardy, just look at the way ticks can survive the most brutal of winters.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ewww!

Haven't heard of that one before. They say that they can get in your luggage if you stay in a place with them (or, I guess they could have some from someone's home). It makes sense that with the close quarters of the luggage, they could migrate to other bags.

Ewwww!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So I was sitting on the couch in the living room and saw a tiny dust ball on my shirt i thought my breathe was causing it to move but the little creep had tiny legs... i cleaned it off with some toothpicks and witnessed my first dust mite yuck! I just handled some logs so thats where I imagine it came from. I seriously had never seen one before and thought it was some new demonic possessed fur ball creature abomination hahaha now I feel like they are crawling all over me but I think im just imagining them... GO ON NOW GIT!! GIT OUTTA HERE YOU DIRTY BUG BALL!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So I was sitting on the couch in the living room and saw a tiny dust ball on my shirt i thought my breathe was causing it to move but the little creep had tiny legs... i cleaned it off with some toothpicks and witnessed my first dust mite yuck! I just handled some logs so thats where I imagine it came from. I seriously had never seen one before and thought it was some new demonic possessed fur ball creature abomination hahaha now I feel like they are crawling all over me but I think im just imagining them... GO ON NOW GIT!! GIT OUTTA HERE YOU DIRTY BUG BALL!

You got microscopic eyes or something cuz they sure are tiny critters to see with the naked eye. I ain't a bug lover and yet I can handle snakes and varmin no prob.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You got microscopic eyes or something cuz they sure are tiny critters to see with the naked eye. I ain't a bug lover and yet I can handle snakes and varmin no prob.
About a foot away from my eyes every thing is completely blurry but about an inch away I can see things in awesome detail :)

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Still, I kinda doubt that it was actually a dust mite. Something equally abhorrent, I am sure, but not a dust mite. For one thing, they don't look like fuzzballs but are more like microscopic beetles.

Top Bottom