Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm just curious on a forum like this how many of us go to church to a physical location and if so how often?

More than once a week?
Once a week?
Once a month?
a few times a year?

This particular week I've gone three times, Sunday morning and night and Wednesday night, but that's unusual for me

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I've been slacking lately, maybe once or twice a month. I wish I had a spiritual partner to grow with and go to church with. I go alone but im not really a morning person, I believe if I had a partner we could support each other, that may sound like an excuse but I think it's important.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
Very rarely. Usually for funerals or weddings.

I have become disillusioned with churches, to me they are not fulfilling their biblical purpose any more and seem to only be interested in supporting themselves and their particular programme. So since they were not interested in supporting my journey with Jesus I stopped supporting them. I think if I discovered a church whose declared and demonstrated purpose was to truly help its people grow in their faith with Christ and not simply to maintain its own buildings and staff structure and put on a good show once or twice a week, I may be tempted to join, but as I have stopped sampling the establishments that purport to be churches in my are I do not expect to find such a place.

Pete from Peterborough UK

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Daily if I can. At the very least weekly. Usually more than once a week.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Three times a week

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Because of my location and I've had surgeries recently I haven't been going as often as I used to. 5 years ago I was attending weekly because I was choir director. Now, it's harder to make it to church when the weather is bad, the people are sick (and I wanted to avoid getting sick before surgery)...but now that I'm doing better and the chance of snow is less I'll try to start attending weekly again.

I didn't vote because I can't say weekly right now and I can't say the other ones because it's not a norm for me.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
GENERALLY every Sunday.

But more during the seasons of Advent and Lent.... more during Holy Week.... etc.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I'm feeling good we go. So sometimes its weekly sometimes not. Just all depends.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Very rarely. Usually for funerals or weddings.

I have become disillusioned with churches, to me they are not fulfilling their biblical purpose any more and seem to only be interested in supporting themselves and their particular programme. So since they were not interested in supporting my journey with Jesus I stopped supporting them. I think if I discovered a church whose declared and demonstrated purpose was to truly help its people grow in their faith with Christ and not simply to maintain its own buildings and staff structure and put on a good show once or twice a week, I may be tempted to join, but as I have stopped sampling the establishments that purport to be churches in my are I do not expect to find such a place.

Pete from Peterborough UK

I know exactly how you feel. I have been disillusioned with the church for a long time now. But, I also want to try and find a place to serve and use my spiritual gifts, so I keep trying to find a place to go. This last church am now attending has very uplifting music, so that has been great for me to hear

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I should not be answering this, but it is too funny to pass up...

You see, I was looking for two more categories:

o - Daily
o - More than once daily

I am perhaps outside the box here...

Twice daily until I fade too far to make it...
We do the Orthros Service mornings...
And the Vespers Service evenings...
Plus a few other services during the week as the Church Liturgical Calendar prescribes...
Most Orthodox do not do this much - Saturday Great Vespers and Sunday Divine Liturgy...
Monastics do more in that they do prolonged Orthros and Vespers... eg the full Canon...
And some seasons are more intensive, when we do Great Compline plus the Great Canon of Repentance of St. Andrew of Crete in Lent...

So now that you are all properly scandalized, I should add that I live in the Church, and love the Services, and we have a Pastor who loves doing them all the time, and does so, and all I have to do is make it down the hall and into the Sanctuary and I am in Services... A blessed way to end up at the end of a long and sin centered life... I am, in my estimation, one of the very most luckiest men alive on this earth...

So forgive me for the boast relative to once a week crowd - But my twisted sense of humor could not resist lighting the torch! And I am not alone in this endeavor... This is simply the daily cycle of Services for Orthodox Christians...

And I know, I know... I belong in the dung pile! :)

Arsenios

Last edited:
Top Bottom