Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I still remember a friend who went to a huge church. He was always running around giving lifts to the minister and his family. Needless to say when he needed a ride the silence was deafening. When he was sick for three weeks it seemed nobody at the church even noticed.

I can't help think that any church so large an individual can be virtually anonymous probably isn't much of a church.

Yes, I think it is more up to the individual who and how they will get involved in the life of the church. But, also the larger church has more opportunitie to serve and do things and get connected to other members

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes, I think it is more up to the individual who and how they will get involved in the life of the church. But, also the larger church has more opportunitie to serve and do things and get connected to other members

The individual certainly has to make a decision to get actively involved, but I think a church that is so large that an active member can disappear for a couple of weeks and their absence go completely unnoticed has lost the plot somewhere.

Top Bottom