Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So after a lot of traveling my hotel pet peeves keep building up!

Most recently we've had problems with the key cards suddenly stop working (I didn't have mine near anything that would deactivate it either), a guy in the adjoining room (remind me to request to never have a room that has the adjoining door ever again) on his cell phone with speaker on and off until after midnight and we could hear everything. He pays $1650 a month in rent and wants to buy a $240,000 house and oh, his girlfriend never calls or texts him.

Toilets that are slow to flush because there is one stack for all the floors in that area and it gets clogged which happens before we even arrive.

Guys who steal all the turkey sausage at breakfast because they're guys and leave the cinnamon rolls for the women thinking that they want them. No. Leave some food, men.

Coffee makers in the room that stop working and the guy at the desk forgets to bring you a new one until 2 hours later you go down and it suddenly dawns on him he promised to bring one up.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So after a lot of traveling my hotel pet peeves keep building up!

MY biggest "issue" is cleanliness.... Even if all LOOKS fine, I think of how many million people have used this pillow (and did they REALLY change the pillow case)? How many have had sex in this chair? When was the last time this carpeting was cleaned? And I don't touch the remote control to the TV.... And it makes no difference if you are paying $100.00 or $500.00 a night.

a guy in the adjoining room

Ah, thin walls.... Noisy kids, noisy lovers.....

Guys who steal all the turkey sausage at breakfast because they're guys and leave the cinnamon rolls for the women thinking that they want them. No. Leave some food, men.

Nice when the hotel HAS real food! Too many just have donuts or cut up Costco muffins...

The girls LOVE those cinnamon rolls (we're nice to leave them for the girls). Guys need MEAT!

Coffee makers in the room that stop working

Never a problem for me.... the room coffee is SO bad I wouldn't drink it if the maker worked.

You forgot road noise....

I've stayed in very luxurious suites in very fancy hotels.... and the issues really aren't much different. Nicest hotels I've stayed in are B&B's. I stayed in one in New Hampshire that was an absolute DELIGHT. Very clean (and solid oak floors)... VERY comfortable and quiet..... the owner showed up at our door in the evening with a comp bottle of nice wine and a couple of glasses, and in the morning with a pot of GOOD coffee and two mugs.... staff called us by name... beautiful individually made breakfast in the morning (brought to our room if we wanted)....

A blessed Easter Season to you and yours...

- Josiah

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I typically look to stay on the top floor of a hotel, having had enough nights of struggling to sleep because of - er - amorous sounds coming from the room above.

Breakfast is an interesting thing. In the US just about every hotel I've been to charges per room per night, and breakfast is either not included in the price, or is very basic. In the UK most places I've stayed charge per person per night - this offers one advantage of keeping the headline price down (which isn't as good when you realise you have to double the price for every night) but also means they can include breakfast without wondering whether they will suddenly find there were six people sleeping in the room and they all need feeding.

I get annoyed by hotels that don't miss a chance to charge me extra for something. I really have no interest in paying $10/day to access their wifi - if I'm paying north of $100/night just for a place to lay my head I don't expect to pay extra to get online (and even more so in a more expensive hotel).

The biggest bugbear for me, and it's hard to see how a hotel could do much about it, is the whole issue of checkout times. I want to be able to enjoy my last day somewhere but it's hard to do that if I have to checkout by noon and haul my bags around with me for the rest of the day. I don't really want to have to leave my suitcase in the back of the car, and don't really want to trust hotel staff with things like my laptop. Short of booking an extra night in the hotel and not actually staying that night, it's hard to see what options are available.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
If I'm gone from the room from morning until 5:00, why is that not adequate time for housekeeping to do their job? Do you really need to leave my room until 5:15 when I want to relax a bit, and then knock on the door??

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You forgot road noise....

- Josiah

We actually didn't have that problem in the 3 hotels we stayed in this past week thankfully!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I typically look to stay on the top floor of a hotel, having had enough nights of struggling to sleep because of - er - amorous sounds coming from the room above.

Breakfast is an interesting thing. In the US just about every hotel I've been to charges per room per night, and breakfast is either not included in the price, or is very basic. In the UK most places I've stayed charge per person per night - this offers one advantage of keeping the headline price down (which isn't as good when you realise you have to double the price for every night) but also means they can include breakfast without wondering whether they will suddenly find there were six people sleeping in the room and they all need feeding.

I get annoyed by hotels that don't miss a chance to charge me extra for something. I really have no interest in paying $10/day to access their wifi - if I'm paying north of $100/night just for a place to lay my head I don't expect to pay extra to get online (and even more so in a more expensive hotel).

The biggest bugbear for me, and it's hard to see how a hotel could do much about it, is the whole issue of checkout times. I want to be able to enjoy my last day somewhere but it's hard to do that if I have to checkout by noon and haul my bags around with me for the rest of the day. I don't really want to have to leave my suitcase in the back of the car, and don't really want to trust hotel staff with things like my laptop. Short of booking an extra night in the hotel and not actually staying that night, it's hard to see what options are available.

Do people still pay for wi-fi? All the hotels I've been staying in have free wi-fi. Sometimes the speed is very slow though! Restaurants have better speed!

I agree that I wish checkout times were later and we had to check out at noon last Monday but wanted to spend more time with our daughter and it would have been nicer to have the room longer. We still used their restrooms though!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If I'm gone from the room from morning until 5:00, why is that not adequate time for housekeeping to do their job? Do you really need to leave my room until 5:15 when I want to relax a bit, and then knock on the door??

Wow, that's some late housekeeping. At the hotels I've stayed in they tried to do the rooms first where the guests checked out so they could have them available for the next guests. Then they went around to do everyone else's. If we were in the room we'd just ask for some towels and have our garbage emptied. I don't need my bed made because I don't like tucked in corners!!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Where I have stayed it has usually been in the morning about 10am or so that they start

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Yeah, that's what's so strange about it. And even knowing that housekeeping was on my floor - on my end of the floor - when I left the room. Strange. I rarely tip housekeeping, though (am I bad?), but one place I stayed was so great about everything, and they worked so hard - but I had nothing to give them. I apologized to them for it because I knew they earned it.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Pet Peeve - if it's after 9:00 pm please round up your children from the hallway. Preferably, don't give them their own room if they're not mature enough.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't stay in any hotels often, so I guess I just haven't had many experiences with this. My last few experiences have been good. I know one place where my wife and I stayed many years ago had ants in the room so we asked to switch rooms and then did so. the hot tub they had didn't work right and that was a disappointment, but otherwise I can't complain about much

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pet Peeve - if it's after 9:00 pm please round up your children from the hallway. Preferably, don't give them their own room if they're not mature enough.

Oh yes.... one year I stayed in the hotel right by the airport to save an early morning start, only to find the oiks were out in force at the hotel and didn't seem to consider it unacceptable to shout to each other from one end of the corridor to the other. Sadly despite being a Hilton it seemed they sold blocks of rooms very cheaply to every travel agent.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I noticed that the hotel that was being renovated had new flooring in the entryway and bathroom that wasn't absorbing the noise as the previous flooring. So when men walked across it with their boots on they sounded like elephants!!

Top Bottom