Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm not a fan of him at all. I don't think he once in that video mentioned the Savior or the forgiveness of sins. Our purpose is to have faith so we can then love God and then our neighbors but we can't neglect the Savior or forgiveness of sins. Our good works can only come through because we were first given faith to believe in Him for salvation.

I like to listen to Issues Etc and there was a transcript from some years back...I found the link...that discusses Rick Warren and his book http://www.issuesetcarchive.org/issues_site/resource/archives/purpose.htm

Things that are pointed out:

"ultimately, it leads you in the wrong direction, which is to take your focus off of Christ and to put it upon yourself."

"This whole thing—I don't know if he's talking about degrees of glory or whatever, but there certainly does—and this is the most important part of his whole book—is that Judgment Day is gonna be the day that God will decide your reward depending on what you do! It seems to me that's what the entire Reformation was against."

"There's no way that a person working through The Purpose Driven Life—I'm assuming a person, you know, a heathen coming to the book and trying to work their way through it—how can they ever reach any kind of assurance of their salvation because it's always predicated upon what they've done?"

Top Bottom