• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 30
    1. #11
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,139
      CH Cash
      13,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,412
      Level
      33
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.34%
      Rep Power
      349
      Here's the blog post that sparked my question. I tend to agree with the author.
      https://tosavealife.com/faith/inspir...-could-handle/

    2. #12
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,624
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,968
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,444
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.78%
      Rep Power
      223
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Here's the blog post that sparked my question. I tend to agree with the author.
      https://tosavealife.com/faith/inspir...-could-handle/
      Well he explained it better than me I guess lol
      I didn't like how he started it off however, but he redeems the message quick enough. Strength in God
      Good blog sir

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

    3. #13
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      11,973
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,264
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,030,954 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      49,119
      Level
      56
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.25%
      Rep Power
      547
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      What makes the phrase true, in your opinion?
      The fact that if we are Gods then He will always be there for us and will hellp us through any trials that we are going through the key is to stay as close to Him as possible for those wgo dont then yes you can be overwhelmed. I think Job is a pefect example
      Isaiah 40:31

    4. #14
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,139
      CH Cash
      13,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,412
      Level
      33
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.34%
      Rep Power
      349
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      The fact that if we are Gods then He will always be there for us and will hellp us through any trials that we are going through the key is to stay as close to Him as possible for those wgo dont then yes you can be overwhelmed. I think Job is a pefect example
      Do you think Job could handle his circumstances?

    5. #15
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      11,973
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,264
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,030,954 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      49,119
      Level
      56
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.25%
      Rep Power
      547
      He did, he knew where his strength came from, he remained true to God
      Isaiah 40:31

    6. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    7. #16
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      1,855
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      9,368
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,862
      Level
      34
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      21.2%
      Rep Power
      423
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Does a person's failure mean that God gave them too much to handle?
      Not necessarily. I just dont think that the expression itself is sound.

    8. #17
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,139
      CH Cash
      13,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,412
      Level
      33
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.34%
      Rep Power
      349
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      He did, he knew where his strength came from, he remained true to God
      So it wasn't Job's strength and Job couldn't handle it without God handling it for him?
      Peter did not remain true to God at the trial and crucifixion of Jesus. Did Peter's failure mean Peter could handle it, but failed or did it mean God gave Peter more than he could handle?

    9. #18
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,624
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,968
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,444
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.78%
      Rep Power
      223
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      So it wasn't Job's strength and Job couldn't handle it without God handling it for him?
      Peter did not remain true to God at the trial and crucifixion of Jesus. Did Peter's failure mean Peter could handle it, but failed or did it mean God gave Peter more than he could handle?
      Obviously Peter himself was crucified later after his ministries and Jesus himself redeemed him and asked him three times if he loved him which Peter answered yes three times. Peter was only afraid of death and thus he lied three times to save himself (which Christ prophesied to Peter), however he did pull through in the end. Judas turned away and succumbed to satans temptation freely... he resigned from ministry, betrayed his king, and hung himself in misery... deny Christ deny the Father and so without God, he could not handle it and the devil and thief in him killed him.

    10. #19
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,139
      CH Cash
      13,262
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      13,412
      Level
      33
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.34%
      Rep Power
      349
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Obviously Peter himself was crucified later after his ministries and Jesus himself redeemed him and asked him three times if he loved him which Peter answered yes three times. Peter was only afraid of death and thus he lied three times to save himself (which Christ prophesied to Peter), however he did pull through in the end. Judas turned away and succumbed to satans temptation freely... he resigned from ministry, betrayed his king, and hung himself in misery... deny Christ deny the Father and so without God, he could not handle it and the devil and thief in him killed him.
      By whose power did Peter pull through? By Peter's power or by God's power.
      "With man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

    11. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
    12. #20
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,624
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,968
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,444
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      29.78%
      Rep Power
      223
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      By whose power did Peter pull through? By Peter's power or by God's power.
      "With man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
      Right God gives us strength, those two phrases are both speaking of strength from God to man

      Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DHoffmann; 04-01-2018 at 05:56 PM.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •