Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
About the firing of James Comey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismissal_of_James_Comey

Obstruction of Justice by Trump?
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/10/16855518/trump-mueller-obstruction-case-strong

The public evidence that Trump committed obstruction of justice — defined as “corruptly” attempting to “influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice” — is quite a bit stronger, particularly when it comes to the Comey firing.

Technically, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time and for any reason. However, the general belief among experts is that it’s not legal for the president to use this power in an attempt to shield himself or his family members from criminal investigation. Crucially, it does not matter whether Trump successfully shielded himself from scrutiny — all that matters is that he tried to.

“The obstruction statutes are very broad,” Griffin explains. “It matters whether Trump ‘endeavors’ to impede the DOJ and congressional investigations at any turn.”

This all hinges on what was in the president’s mind when he fired Comey. If Trump did it because he thought Comey was doing a poor job supervising the Russia investigation, that’s perfectly legal. If he did it because he was worried that Comey’s investigation might end up uncovering some kind of misdeeds by the Trump family — whether Russia-related, financial, or otherwise — then that’s obstruction.

I think Trump fired Comey because he might uncover something criminal about Trump.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I think Trump fired Comey because he might uncover something criminal about Trump.
I think some people will believe anything...so long as they also think there's a chance of it overturning the 2016 election.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think some people will believe anything...so long as they also think there's a chance of it overturning the 2016 election.
I think Trump no matter if you like or dislike him has turned the White House into a circus with the amount of firings and replacements he has done. Pretty hard to have a cohesive policy when all the staff is turned over and in some cases multiple times

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think Trump no matter if you like or dislike him has turned the White House into a circus with the amount of firings and replacements he has done. Pretty hard to have a cohesive policy when all the staff is turned over and in some cases multiple times

I would agree that the number of firings does seem remarkable. I'm not sure that has anything to do with the merits or otherwise of firing James Comey.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would agree that the number of firings does seem remarkable. I'm not sure that has anything to do with the merits or otherwise of firing James Comey.
Just one more that Trump either disagreed with or was afraid of something

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trump likes to control people and Comey wasn't getting comfortable on his leash. Trump saw that he wasn't totally loyal to him, but to the constitution, so he fired him.

I'm waiting to hear how turning the FBI into an arm of the democratic Party is supposed to be loyalty to the Constitution. :heheh:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'm waiting to hear how turning the FBI into an arm of the democratic Party is supposed to be loyalty to the Constitution. :heheh:
Yup thats the spin, I know that before the spin Comey was respected and liked by both sides, strange how things change

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I don't care about an overturning of the election but rather JUSTICE.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Trump is quick to fire when things don't go his way.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Trump likes to control people and Comey wasn't getting comfortable on his leash. Trump saw that he wasn't totally loyal to him, but to the constitution, so he fired him.
I agree.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Where did you get that nonsense from? Mueller is a Republican. The FBI is for one thing and that is the TRUTH. Do you know what that is?:mug:

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Not necessarily so. The fact Trump has fired a remarkable number of people doesn't automatically provide any information as to the merits or otherwise of any particular firing, nor does it provide any information to conclude what you're suggesting.

Top Bottom